Collapse

Boomerang Grill - Whitby

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Boomerang Grill - Whitby

This restaurant is less than a year old and is a fantastic breakfast place. It's located at 105 Dundas St. W ( 4 corners) in Whitby. For all you people that like a good breakfast place. Eggs Benny are outstanding and better coffee than Tim's

Re: Boomerang Grill - Whitby

Originally posted by Spot View Post
    This restaurant is less than a year old and is a fantastic breakfast place. It's located at 105 Dundas St. W ( 4 corners) in Whitby. For all you people that like a good breakfast place. Eggs Benny are outstanding and better coffee than Tim's
    What coffee isn't better than Tim's?:

Comment

Originally posted by Spot View Post
      You have a piece of the action?

Comment

Have not been, but will have to check it out. Thanks for the recommendation. Ignore the troll.

Comment

Originally posted by P25 View Post
          Have not been, but will have to check it out. Thanks for the recommendation. Ignore the troll.
          Some recent reviews. Sounds like a great spot. Enjoy your breakast.

While I never wanted to write a bad review (we just vote with our feet and never return), my wife and I dearly wanted to have a good experience at the Boomerang. The old South side Grill was a Whitby institution and for good reason. Boomerang fails from start to finish. While part of me wants the owner to read this and fix it, I fear they will not last. We were seated right away and given two menus at 11 am on a Sunday, we waited a good 15 minutes to get some coffee and attention. This gave us time to watch a very inexperienced chef (male) stumble and bumble around the exposed open kitchen. Once we did order simple eggs with rye toast, we waited 40 minutes in a diner that had less than 8 people. Rye toast was the two tiny end pieces that might make 1/2 a slice at best.
          The eggs were cold, which was of little surprise as we watched them sit on the kitchen counter while chef waited to burn the "taters" or whatever these poor substitues for home fries were. Made we crave the old south side real home fries that involved work and love.
          I figured using the name "Smokehouse" on everything on the menu, that the beans that accompanied would be okay . Nope...Canned beans for sure, but colder and less flavor.
          So way more money than the old south side and not worth even trying again.
          Some advise, because I dearly would love a good breakfast place in Whitby: South Side always had lots of bacon , Ham and sausage on the grill and would add eggs cooked to perfection in minutes. Never waited more than 6 minutes on crowded days for a good hot breakfast
          2) Keep it simple
          3) tell the staff to focus on customers at tables and not socialize
          4) loose the canned beans

Another Whitby restaurant failure. Why do people go into this business with clearly no experience. Waited over 45 minutes for an extremely mediocre breakfast. Here is the rundown: 1.) asked for eggs over medium and poached eggs medium for my wife....both came out runny 2.) Asked for white toast...I received warm, limp white bread - not toasted. 3.) Breakfast comes with beans (which were the best part of the meal) except that you get a thimble-full. 4.) Three measly pieces of bacon, one which was rock hard. 5.) My wife had eggs benedict...from the minute the plate was put down, I could tell the hollandaise sauce was "broken", meaning it was not stirred and kept at the correct temperature - something that should be a basic skill for any cook.

If you can't even get breakfast right - give it up guys. I will be surprised if they are still open by year-end...

Comment

The White Apron in oshawa and the Orono Country Cafe and my two goto spots.

The WA has an egg on Naan bread special that is awesome. Orono is a must for French toast.. pretty sure it's at least 1/2 a loaf of bread.
            Bag: PING Hoofer Camo / Moonlite Floral
            Driver: TM SIM2 MAX @ 10.5*
            Wood: TM SIM2 MAX @ 15*
            Hybrids: TM SIM2 22*
            Irons: Wishon Sterling SL 6-SW
            Wedge: KZG Forged TRS Grind 60*
            Putter: SGC WB Northwood
            Lovingly built by: Dan's Custom Golf

Comment

Collapse

Latest TGN Reviews

Collapse