Toronto Raptors 2016-2017 Season

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Toronto Raptors 2016-2017 Season

Originally posted by kimi View Post
    Pretty classy message from departed T-Ross.
    Best of luck to him in Orlando.

www.theplayerstribune.com/thank-you-goodbye-Toronto-Raptors
    Finally got around to reading that.
    Was sad to see TRoss go, as you always hoped he'd be able to take it up a notch and everything would be great. But he was frustratingly inconsistent.

Inspiring article and confirms what all Raps fans know: This team and this town are special.

Thanks for posting.

Originally posted by kimi View Post
    Nice road win over western conference New Orleans Pelicans.

DeMarcus Cousins has a lot of talent, no question. Better player based on skills than Serge Ibaka. But who would you rather have on your team?

JV, if he can play defense like he did last night all the time... sorely needed, and a difference maker stopping opposing big men. Plus when he is in the flow, the offensive numbers rise as well.
    Now THAT was the JV we all hope to see each night. He's been one of my faves since we got him, but TBH I was starting so see him in the same light as TRoss: Flashes of greatness, but not consistent enough.

Great to see the way the team is doing w/o Kyle. Team has plenty of depth.
    "Confusion" will be my epitaph
    ...Iggy

Comment

Originally posted by Ignatius Reilly View Post
      Now THAT was the JV we all hope to see each night. He's been one of my faves since we got him, but TBH I was starting so see him in the same light as TRoss: Flashes of greatness, but not consistent enough.

Great to see the way the team is doing w/o Kyle. Team has plenty of depth.

In basketball . . . maybe more than any other sports, you will play harder when you are involve. From the start of the game, it was easy to see that the Raptors' game plan was going through JV. Trying to get DCousins to commit foul on him. Sometime DD and Lowry just forget about him . . . always involve the BIG GUY . . . A good example was at the end of the 3rd quarter (I think) . . . DD dribbles up court with 9 seconds left . . . gets basically triple team and takes a turn around jump shot from outside the 3 point line. We see that way too often . . . push the ball up and run your offence, looking for an open shot!!!
      If you think it's hard to meet new people, try picking up the wrong golf ball.

Comment

I don't understand Cousins. The talent is obvious. But he is a dour SOB. Playing with him can't be any fun either. I'm glad we didn't land him.

Comment

Best game of the season so far.

Big win against Chicago - first win in.. what, a hundred matchups?

Never had the lead in regulation. Final play was DD running iso well outside the three with the clock running down and a single point (i.e. a foul, Demar) to win it. A big chuck and a miss and off to OT.

Pretty decent OT. Often we seem to just go down 6 points fast, but we kept it close and came back to grab the lead and hold it. A LOT of non-calls down the stretch, but who cares, we won.

Oh yeah, almost forgot - Ibaka and Lopez trading big punches. Probably the most intense fight I've seen in the sport. Way more serious than the Andre Drummond one a few years back. Malice in the Palace still the best overall, but doesn't count as it involved spectators....
          ...Iggy

Comment

Raps did WHAT!? That was CRAZY!!! Bulls went STONE cold!
            Every great idea starts out as a blasphemy

Comment

I think this graphic is pretty wild.
              Not the recommended way to get the win...

Comment

Was there and it was crazy. Game was on espn and the crowd was into it. Fun game.

Three quarters and Bulls hit crazy shot after crazy shot and then it all changed. Bulls came from 16 down and won in OT first game this season, so I guess this was a little payback.

Comment

Interesting schedule to close out the season. As of now the Raptors have a much easier schedule to close out than the Wizards. Am pretty sure the Wizards will make or break where they finish in the standings based on a brutal 5 games in 8 days road trip that has them play the Cavs, Clippers, Jazz, Warriors, and the Lakers. By the end of that trip the Raptors are going to want to be firmly in 3rd place. It is looking unlikely the Raptors will catch the Celtics for the division and 2nd place. Either way, 2nd or 3rd pushes any chance of facing the Cavs out to the conference finals.

Comment

Judging by the scoreboard, it must have been a fun game to watch in the 4th qtr. Unfortunately I was out cold due to the medication I took for my cold.

Comment

Really fun game. Because of a meeting I got home at the beginning of the 4th quarter . . . it was awesome!!!
                      If you think it's hard to meet new people, try picking up the wrong golf ball.

Comment

Originally posted by Chambokl View Post
                        Really fun game. Because of a meeting I got home at the beginning of the 4th quarter . . . it was awesome!!!
                        Was there and if a Chicago fan (one 2 rows ahead was very much enjoying himself 'til probably 3-4 minutes left in reg time) not sure how much fun it was.

Toronto kept fighting back and then again would find themselves down 10-16 points. Interesting that their comeback, which was a 15-0 run from about the 6 minute mark in the fourth, the Raptors still only shot 50% during the the time (7 for 14), which made it an unusual comeback.

Comment

Ibaka suspended for one game so he wont be playing against Miama tonight.

Comment

Originally posted by sunshiNee View Post
                            Ibaka suspended for one game so he wont be playing against Miama tonight.
                            I thought he'd get more than one. It was a pretty serious fight (for basketball) and I'm pretty sure he's gotten involved before.

Anyway, great news for us, he's been great.
                            Actually, he and PJ Tucker have been great.
                            Actually, Masai Ujiri has been great!
                            ...Iggy

Comment

Originally posted by Ignatius Reilly View Post
                              I thought he'd get more than one. It was a pretty serious fight (for basketball) and I'm pretty sure he's gotten involved before.

Anyway, great news for us, he's been great.
                              Actually, he and PJ Tucker have been great.
                              Actually, Masai Ujiri has been great!
                              Is the NBA like MLB were you can appeal until you get to the game you want that player to sit then drop your appeal?

Comment

Originally posted by pendlebg View Post
                                Is the NBA like MLB were you can appeal until you get to the game you want that player to sit then drop your appeal?
                                I believe they games must be served immediately - players can appeal, but would just get back lost salary from missed games if the suspension is reversed.
                                What's in the Titleist bag?
                                905R 9.5°
                                906F2 15°
                                585.H 19°
                                681 3-P
                                Vokey C-C TVD-M Oil Can Zero 52° & 58°
                                Scotty Cameron Studio Stainless Newport 2 340g

Comment

Collapse

Latest TGN Reviews

Collapse

PGA Leaderboard