Collapse

Junior clubs

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Junior clubs

Both kids need a new set of clubs. They are about 4'11, age 10 & 13. I was thinking I could use my old irons and woods for them. Either I cut them to length or have them re-shafted. Will a junior shaft fit on mens irons or I was even thinking using a senior or woman's shaft.

Ideally all the would need is a wedge, mid iron, hybrid/3 wood. Does that sound about right?

Your thoughts?

Thanks in advance

Re: Junior clubs

Don't forget a putter!
    Have they ever hit a ball or played before?

There have been a few posts on this subject before. I personally think you can start off with a similar set up as you mentioned with ladies or senior flex shafts. Think the shaft size depends on the club head - it varies. As you shorten the shafts they get thinner. Also put on ladies or junior grips as that will also impact them. When I learned to play I used shorter men's clubs with stiffer shafts. There were less options back them. Not a bad way to start at the beginning and fit them if there is budget for it a little later.

In my opinion this is the best route for now. Don't bother this year as they will likely grow out of them before next season. Size them up next spring. Upgrade them to longer clubs the next year or 2 and if they like it get some lessons and a fitting.
    Last edited by golfunderpar18; Sep 7, 2016, 04:09 PM.

Comment

Collapse

Latest TGN Reviews

Collapse

PGA Leaderboard

Collapse

Today's Birthdays

Working...
    X