Collapse

Toronto Raptors 2016-2017 Season

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Toronto Raptors 2016-2017 Season

Same as you IR . . . Cousin is a great talent. Saw him when they played teh Raptors last month and is so big and fast. When he wants to play he is unstoppable. Played for the Olympic team . . .

Sadly his character flaws are a bit hard not to think about. Like you, after a few weeks, I would probably say . . . don't bother.
    If you think it's hard to meet new people, try picking up the wrong golf ball.

Comment

Originally posted by Chambokl View Post
      Same as you IR . . . Cousin is a great talent. Saw him when they played teh Raptors last month and is so big and fast. When he wants to play he is unstoppable. Played for the Olympic team . . .

Sadly his character flaws are a bit hard not to think about. Like you, after a few weeks, I would probably say . . . don't bother.
      Originally posted by Ignatius Reilly View Post

So the idea of bringing Cousins into that locker room has felt pretty risky.

The guys is an out of control train wreck. He may have the size and the skills and the presence to take on LBJ - and LBJ is pretty much the only thing between us and an appearance in the finals - but at what cost?

No JV, a messed up locker room and no future?

Also, there are lots of guys you hate that you'd cheer for if they were on your team. Not sure Cousins is one of them...
      I agree with both of you completely....BUT:

In the last 40 years only one team has won the NBA Championship with an ensemble team (Detroit Pistons).

The other 39 winners all had "The Man"....a Top 5 guy.

With Sullinger and Wright in the lineup I think the Raps have the best full roster in the league.

The best player? The best top 3 players? The best top 7 players? No, no and no which is why they won't likely get past the Cavs and Warriors in the playoffs. Those are the most important factors to success in the playoffs.

Adding a guy like Millsap could get then closer but Cousins would get them very close.

Are you in it to win 60 games or to win Championships?

Is Cousins completely unhinged or is he immature made worse by the long term clown show which is Sacramento? Who knows....
      I like big putts and I cannot lie
      You other putters can't deny
      That when a putt goes in with an itty bitty pace
      You're gonna fist pump in their face - Sir Putts-A-Lot

It's how well you golf fast!!!!

Comment

Surprised that this thread has been so quiet.

Team has been in a funk with only 4 wins in past 14 games.

Is it time to change the coach ?
        "Don't cry because it's over, Smile because it happened "

Comment

Originally posted by Weirfan View Post
          Surprised that this thread has been so quiet.

Team has been in a funk with only 4 wins in past 14 games.

Is it time to change the coach ?
          I would say no changes needed. They are the same core team for the past few years which has served them well, if anything they have more promise this year given DD and JV are one year more experienced. They are in a funk but are good enough to get out of it. I chalk this up to mid season nagging injuries, the blahs, etc... Let's see what happens between the All Star Break and the end of the regular season. The only way I can see making a change is to pick up someone who can push them into the Cavaliers range on the cheap.

Casey has not forgotten how to coach and the players have not forgotten how to play.

Comment

Originally posted by pendlebg View Post
            I would say no changes needed. They are the same core team for the past few years which has served them well, if anything they have more promise this year given DD and JV are one year more experienced. They are in a funk but are good enough to get out of it. I chalk this up to mid season nagging injuries, the blahs, etc... Let's see what happens between the All Star Break and the end of the regular season. The only way I can see making a change is to pick up someone who can push them into the Cavaliers range on the cheap.

Casey has not forgotten how to coach and the players have not forgotten how to play.
            I'm inclined to agree - especially the last line. There's no good reason for us to be in such a skid so odds are we'll come out of it.

Last night's loss to Detroit was really painful. How could we possibly give up a 16-point lead in the 4th? After all the previous losses I just had a sense of dread as the score kept getting closer and closer.

Troll asked if we're in it to win 60 or to win championships. Champs obviously, but the realist in me realizes that you need a ton of things going right and then some luck. A regular diet of ECFs and a Final or two would be very very good.

Bright spots? Cavs are squabbling and at least we're not Knicks fans.
            "Confusion" will be my epitaph
            ...Iggy

Comment

All of this started when they gave Lowry a night off. Just coincidence or maybe they started to think they were better than they are actually are. To win they have to play a full game . . . and it is not happening.
              If you think it's hard to meet new people, try picking up the wrong golf ball.

Comment

I'm inclined to agree - especially the last line. There's no good reason for us to be in such a skid so odds are we'll come out of it.

Last night's loss to Detroit was really painful. How could we possibly give up a 16-point lead in the 4th? After all the previous losses I just had a sense of dread as the score kept getting closer and closer.

Troll asked if we're in it to win 60 or to win championships. Champs obviously, but the realist in me realizes that you need a ton of things going right and then some luck. A regular diet of ECFs and a Final or two would be very very good.

Bright spots? Cavs are squabbling and at least we're not Knicks fans.
                I was there in the game with wife + son, lost was unbelievable. We were chanting pizza, pizza, pizza, moments before.....

Comment

If anybody happens to find some wheels laying around contact the Raps as theirs have fallen off...horrible
                  BIG MOY GOLF...POWERED BY SNICKERS
                  Member Century Club...Osprey Valley May 20, 2010...108 holes
                  There is no next year...signed Leaf fan

Comment

Just got around to watching Kyle's interview after the game.

He's pissed and he should be. He's playing more minutes than anyone else in the league when he should be resting, and yet we're still losing.

He wouldn't name names, but I think he's done with Casey. Late in games we just don't seem to have any real play, any real movement. Everyone stands around until the clock is short, then one guy sets an obvious screen for DD and he's got to make the shot. The other teams aren't stupid - they put a few guys on DD because it's obvious what's happening.

Ugh.
                    "Confusion" will be my epitaph
                    ...Iggy

Comment

Just got around to watching Kyle's interview after the game.

He's pissed and he should be. He's playing more minutes than anyone else in the league when he should be resting, and yet we're still losing.

He wouldn't name names, but I think he's done with Casey. Late in games we just don't seem to have any real play, any real movement. Everyone stands around until the clock is short, then one guy sets an obvious screen for DD and he's got to make the shot. The other teams aren't stupid - they put a few guys on DD because it's obvious what's happening.

Ugh.
                      Yup. For me they need more out of the 3, 4, and 5 spots as a group. Some nights it is light, to say the least. I don't see this team being a championship contender.

So what to do? Make a splash for a rental player thinking we still have a shot this year? Do you give Lowry the big bucks in the off-season knowing his production has to drop off well before the contract ends? Glad I'm not Masai.

Comment

Originally posted by Bobogo View Post
                        2016-2017

Keep expectations reasonable like 4th place in the Eastern Conference
                        Be healthy second half of the season
                        Have some momentum going into playoffs
                        Win a playoff round or two

Most likely a step or two back this year
                        Will focus on Jonas' development and number of double doubles
                        Not happy about it but like I said....

Comment

Raps trade for Serge Ibaka.
                          "Don't cry because it's over, Smile because it happened "

Comment

I like it! He is the player Masai wanted last year at the draft, and was going to be a FA this year anyways.
                            M1 10.5°
                            910F 15° w/ NV 55s
                            Adams 21° w/ RIP VS Proto
                            710 AP2 4-PW
                            SM 52° 56° 60°
                            Studio Select Turbo Blue Newport 2 34"

Comment

For a first rounder and T.Ross I think it's a good deal. Hopefully be towards the end of the first round. And although I like T.Ross off the bench he is just way too inconsistent. Hopefully Powell can be the scorer off the bench. Just need to get everyone healthy and assimilated.

With our recent slide, it may be too much to catch up, but reports are Kevin Love is out with knee surgery for the next 6 weeks, which means Lebron isn't going to be rest much. Maybe He finally slows down comes the playoffs?

Comment

That's a good deal. They had to do something. They have the depth to cover the loss of Ross and the pick won't amount to much. Even if they can't resign Ibaka it wouldn't be a loss they can't recover from.
                                Last edited by Gridiron; Feb 14, 2017, 11:55 AM.

Comment

Collapse

Latest TGN Reviews

Collapse

PGA Leaderboard

Collapse

Today's Birthdays

Working...
                                X