Golftown Trade-In Event

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Golftown Trade-In Event

Originally posted by Sportsyard View Post
    If anyone's interested in getting fit at an actual green grass facility, we'll have a pretty awesome trade-in program for you launching April 1. Trade in promotions / discounts on 2017 product will be very similar if not better then GT.

All our facilities will offer flight scope #'s and be done outdoor vs. the GT simulator experience.
    Nicely done, swooping in on a GT thread & stealing their thunder
    ....oh wait, YOU'RE a PAYING Sponsor of this site!!!
    Every great idea starts out as a blasphemy

Comment

Originally posted by soccerguy1961 View Post
      Sounds great, Anxious to hear more. When will you share the locations.
      We should have an official announcement for locations in the next week or so. We are still looking for a partner in the western part of the GTA. The difficulty is there are very few facilities still selling hard goods that are public.

Comment

Originally posted by sweetchilli View Post
        Wow this is awesome. Any idea on a location? Would love to finally get properly fitted for a driver as I just cannot hit properly indoors for some reason. Any idea on a trade in value for a 2016 M2?
        we will have our locations and announcement ready to go for next week we hope. We are just in the process of building our value guide... M2's should be in the $210-$220 range in trade in credit.

Comment

If anyone's interested in getting fit at an actual green grass facility, we'll have a pretty awesome trade-in program for you launching April 1. Trade in promotions / discounts on 2017 product will be very similar if not better then GT.

All our facilities will offer flight scope #'s and be done outdoor vs. the GT simulator experience.
          Nice thread jack.

Comment

Originally posted by Phatchrisrules View Post
            They are not. Very little demand last year for the putter/wedge trade-ins.
            Any 915F or Fd 13.5* fairways still on the floor or demo clearance rack at Ancaster ?

Comment

Originally posted by gearhead View Post
              Any 915F or Fd 13.5* fairways still on the floor or demo clearance rack at Ancaster ?
              None to be had, sorry!! Even the 915 hybrids are gone.

Comment

Originally posted by Phatchrisrules View Post
                None to be had, sorry!! Even the 915 hybrids are gone.
                Bummer...thanks for the update

Comment

we will have our locations and announcement ready to go for next week we hope. We are just in the process of building our value guide... M2's should be in the $210-$220 range in trade in credit.
                  Interesting...what are my clubs worth on trade in my signature at your shop? For the driver through the irons? Sorry if you don't do this but I just joined the forum after Googling about the trade-in program. Golf Town is going to give me $125 for my driver, $100 for each fairway wood, and $190 for my irons with the bonus money.

I am interested in getting a 2017 M2 driver with an Aldila 2K Orange Stiff and two matching M2 HL 3 wood and 5 wood with HZRDUS Red 75 stiffs. I also want Mizuno JPX-900 Cast in 4-6 and the Forged in the 7-GW with C-Taper Lite Stiff. I am also toying with the idea of upgrading my wedges to the new T7s after I saw the blue, but don't mind waiting until I can try them out against the new Callaway Forged Mack Daddy. I am pretty tempted as the Golf Town bonus is helping me save a good chunk of change, but if you can get me the same stuff at a better rate, I'm in!!!!!! Don't get me wrong, I don't mind paying for good stuff if it is going to last, as you can tell, I play my stuff for a long before I upgrade.

My dad is also interested in upgrading his set. He has a Nickent 4DX Supermag driver, and matching Nickent 4DX 3, 5, 7 wood. He has a set of Ben Hogan Edge CFTs with a 4 & 5 iron hybrid and the matching irons 6-9, E, and F wedge (Pw and GW). They are all regular flex graphite. Golf Town is going to give him $115 for the driver, $85 for each fairway wood, and $190 for the irons. He wants a full bag of Cobra stuff: F7 driver, 4w, 7w, and Cobra Max Combo set with 4,5,6 hybrid and 7-Gw with KBS tour 90 regular flex shafts.

I like that you are offering fittings but we already both paid for an ultimate bag fit at Golf Town and are pretty set in what we want after seeing the results. However, if you are going to give us better trade-in deals then we are in!!! How do you rate the condition of clubs? Does the value diminish the more wear that is on them? I'm not going to lie, my clubs are very well worn. I've had them all for what has to be 7-8 years, and I play 3 times a week at my course, plus range time, from April through October. I also scoot away with my family on a golf vacation every February down to the States for a couple of weeks where we play almost every day. My dad plays twice a week and has had the clubs basically since they came out, they also are not in great condition due to heavy use and he tends to leave the headcovers off when he rides in a cart (which I yell at him for, don't worry!!!). Both of our full sets could use some new grips too.
                  Taylormade SIM
                  Cobra Speedzone Tour Big 12*
                  Ping G425 Fairway 16.5* and 22*
                  Callaway Apex Pro 2021 26*
                  Cobra RadSpeed OneLength 7-AW
                  Vokey SM8 52/55/59
                  Bettinardi Prototype

Comment

Bummer...thanks for the update
                    No problemo...I hear Fore Golfer's Only might be having a sa

Comment

Rumour, specualtive, an alternative fact at best...other Board members may chastise you for mentioning that though so watch your back

Comment

Rumour, specualtive, an alternative fact at best...other Board members may chastise you for mentioning that though so watch your back
                        Its worth the drive to St THomas...............This post is now very inclusive of most retailers.....
                        Pxg Gen 4. Project X hzrdus

Srixon 3 Hybrid

Srixon 4 Hybrid

Mizuno Mp H4 4-PW

Mizuno S18 Gap Wedge 51

Mizuno S 22 56 wedge

Odyssey Ten Tour Lined Broomstick

Comment

Originally posted by DriveItHome View Post
                          Interesting...what are my clubs worth on trade in my signature at your shop? For the driver through the irons? Sorry if you don't do this but I just joined the forum after Googling about the trade-in program. Golf Town is going to give me $125 for my driver, $100 for each fairway wood, and $190 for my irons with the bonus money.

I am interested in getting a 2017 M2 driver with an Aldila 2K Orange Stiff and two matching M2 HL 3 wood and 5 wood with HZRDUS Red 75 stiffs. I also want Mizuno JPX-900 Cast in 4-6 and the Forged in the 7-GW with C-Taper Lite Stiff. I am also toying with the idea of upgrading my wedges to the new T7s after I saw the blue, but don't mind waiting until I can try them out against the new Callaway Forged Mack Daddy. I am pretty tempted as the Golf Town bonus is helping me save a good chunk of change, but if you can get me the same stuff at a better rate, I'm in!!!!!! Don't get me wrong, I don't mind paying for good stuff if it is going to last, as you can tell, I play my stuff for a long before I upgrade.

My dad is also interested in upgrading his set. He has a Nickent 4DX Supermag driver, and matching Nickent 4DX 3, 5, 7 wood. He has a set of Ben Hogan Edge CFTs with a 4 & 5 iron hybrid and the matching irons 6-9, E, and F wedge (Pw and GW). They are all regular flex graphite. Golf Town is going to give him $115 for the driver, $85 for each fairway wood, and $190 for the irons. He wants a full bag of Cobra stuff: F7 driver, 4w, 7w, and Cobra Max Combo set with 4,5,6 hybrid and 7-Gw with KBS tour 90 regular flex shafts.

I like that you are offering fittings but we already both paid for an ultimate bag fit at Golf Town and are pretty set in what we want after seeing the results. However, if you are going to give us better trade-in deals then we are in!!! How do you rate the condition of clubs? Does the value diminish the more wear that is on them? I'm not going to lie, my clubs are very well worn. I've had them all for what has to be 7-8 years, and I play 3 times a week at my course, plus range time, from April through October. I also scoot away with my family on a golf vacation every February down to the States for a couple of weeks where we play almost every day. My dad plays twice a week and has had the clubs basically since they came out, they also are not in great condition due to heavy use and he tends to leave the headcovers off when he rides in a cart (which I yell at him for, don't worry!!!). Both of our full sets could use some new grips too.
                          Thanks for the note. Our program is going to be pretty boutique in nature. Values on newer product will be extremely strong... The older product, like Nickent etc. we can certainly accept, but we wont be offering bonuses like GT. Its important for us to help our retailers maintain profitability, and on the back end, we have to make this possible as well.

In the bags you have listed, for example your fathers, that trade-in product might be worth $100 or less to resell. Golftown is offering you $550+ on trade. They are reselling the trades to Golf Avenue for $100 and eating that $450+ off the retail price they are charging, which means close to $0 profitability. For a company that went bankrupt this past year, I can't endorse this type of behaviour. I will say its outstanding for people with older product and you should absolutely take advantage of it.

Our model works quite differently. We'll be paying the bonus on the equipment and taking it out of our margin. For this reason, we are bonusing specific products. We are ensuring as a service based platform our retailers can maintain profitability, which is #1 in our eyes. This trade-in platform is really geared towards people that upgrade their equipment on a two year cycle and to be a tool for pros to more competitive against GT and trump them with outdoor fittings when possible.
                          Last edited by The Yard; Mar 6, 2017, 10:26 PM.

Comment

Thanks for the note. Our program is going to be pretty boutique in nature. Values on newer product will be extremely strong... The older product, like Nickent etc. we can certainly accept, but we wont be offering bonuses like GT. Its important for us to help our retailers maintain profitability, and on the back end, we have to make this possible as well.

In the bags you have listed, for example your fathers, that trade-in product might be worth $100 or less to resell. Golftown is offering you $550+ on trade. They are reselling the trades to Golf Avenue for $100 and eating that $450+ off the retail price they are charging, which means close to $0 profitability. For a company that went bankrupt this past year, I can't endorse this type of behaviour. I will say its outstanding for people with older product and you should absolutely take advantage of it.

Our model works quite differently. We'll be paying the bonus on the equipment and taking it out of our margin. For this reason, we are bonusing specific products. We are ensuring as a service based platform our retailers can maintain profitability, which is #1 in our eyes. This trade-in platform is really geared towards people that upgrade their equipment on a two year cycle and to be a tool for pros to more competitive against GT and trump them with outdoor fittings when possible.
                            I cannot go into details but your information is not correct.
                            In the Hamilton Golf + CC Embroidered Ping Hoofer

Club Champion Callaway AI Smoke 11*, Aldila Ascent 40 A Flex​​
                            Srixon F45 4-wood, 17*, KuroKage 606 S
                            TXG Custom T. Made SIM Max 21* 7-wood, Accra FX 140 2.0 M2
                            TXG Custom Cobra Tech 5-hybrid, KBS TGI 75 R

TXG Custom PXG 0211 6-Pw, 1* up, Recoil ESX 460 R
                            PXG 0211 GW, 50*, UST Recoil Dart R
                            TXG Custom Cleveland CBX 54*, Tour Issue DG Spinner 115

Ping Glide 4.0, 58* TS/6, Nippon 115 S
                            Tour Velvet Midsize Grips, Custom TXG Signature Putter Grip
                            TXG Custom King Cobra Nova, 25 gram weights, KBS CT Tour Shaft

Comment

Thanks for getting back to me, if you agree the value is better I'll get my clubs through them then. I appreciate you getting back to me and explaining the cost structure. I guess it's also a good thing I had a typo in my initial post...I'm getting $290 for my irons, not $190.

All the best to your sales.
                              Taylormade SIM
                              Cobra Speedzone Tour Big 12*
                              Ping G425 Fairway 16.5* and 22*
                              Callaway Apex Pro 2021 26*
                              Cobra RadSpeed OneLength 7-AW
                              Vokey SM8 52/55/59
                              Bettinardi Prototype

Comment

Do they still take shoes?

Comment