Collapse

Project X 5.5 shafts

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Project X 5.5 shafts

Hi. I have a set of Project X flighted 5.5's. Can anybody tell me what flex these actually play like? I've read a bunch of stuff but opinions vary quite a bit. Should I soft step these? Thanks.

Re: Project X 5.5 shafts

5.5 are stiff. Thats all I know.

Comment

My 6.0 PX felt a little stiffer than S300s if you're familiar with those. The PX have a boardier feel than some shafts.

PX 5.0 is supposed to be their regular and 6.0 is their stiff. So I would say 5.5 would be like a firm but likely edging closer to stiff range.
      Callaway Epic Max LS
      Callaway X-Hot 15*
      Callaway Epic Speed 17*
      Cobra Tec hybrid 21*
      Cobra SS Forged (2003) 4-PW
      Cleveland RTX Zip Core 54*, 60*
      Evnroll ER5​

Comment

Thank you both for your input. I appreciate it.

Comment

5.5 are close to S300 in terms of true "stiffness" or flex but because of the larger butt diameter and profile they tipically fell stiffer.

As a fitter (fully certified, if you would like credentials i will be glad to list) I have found that projectX flighted or std are better suited for players who:

-have a quicker tempo,
          -considered a hitter rather then a swinger,
          -prefer a stiffer feel,
          -player with a faster tempo.

This is not the case for all but i have found that through many fittings and through trial myself that they produce the best results when matched with this type of golfer.

I have no experience with projectX high launch though.

Comment

Originally posted by jmac
            My 6.0 PX felt a little stiffer than S300s if you're familiar with those. The PX have a boardier feel than some shafts.

PX 5.0 is supposed to be their regular and 6.0 is their stiff. So I would say 5.5 would be like a firm but likely edging closer to stiff range.
            correct i just got fitted for 5.5 flighted and they consider them Regular plus so between regular and stiff more to the stiff though. Hope this helps
            Garden tools:

Ping G10 10.5*/Red Pro Launch Stiff Shaft
            Ping G10 3W Hot 14* /Stock Stiff Flex Shaft
            Ping G10 21*/ Red Pro Launch Stiff Shaft
            Callaway X20 4-PW / Rifle Project X Flighted
            Callaway X-Tour 56*/ 60* DG Shafts
            Odyssey White Hot XG #9
            Srixon ZURS/Srixon Z-star

Comment

Thanks again all. I just had these installed in a set of KZG PClll heads. I've only hit them a couple of times at the range. I think they may take some getting used to.

Comment

Does anyone have any experience with soft-stepped X 6.0s? What should I expect to get for doing this?

Comment

Originally posted by drawbias
                  Does anyone have any experience with soft-stepped X 6.0s? What should I expect to get for doing this?
                  I typically play shafts that would be in what would be classified as stiff to x-stiff range...

used to play Satin PX 5.5's ( very early batch) softstepped 2x......why they were really quite stout feeling compared to other experiences...turned out this way they were the best set up I ever had....sorry I sold them

softstepping once, ie: moving the 3 iron shaft to the heavier 4 iron head typically softens the flex by about 1/3 a flex.

it can also have a minor impact on trajectory ( you tip shafts for trajectory control) but I wouldnt think much
                  Last edited by Weirfan; Feb 20, 2009, 04:04 PM.
                  "Don't cry because it's over, Smile because it happened "

Comment

Collapse

Latest TGN Reviews

Collapse

PGA Leaderboard

Collapse

Today's Birthdays

Working...
                  X