Collapse

No Initiation - Brampton Golf Club

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No Initiation - Brampton Golf Club

Hi Folks.. for all of you who are in proximity to the Brampton/Mississauga area, I just got information from a current member at Brampton Golf Club that they are offering a limited number of No Initiation Memberships, you only pay annual dues, capital levy and house minimums.

Here is the document he sent me:

2017 Annual Membership.pdf

Re: No Initiation - Brampton Golf Club

Thanks for posting, pretty tempting! Still doing some research on BGC feedback, but would love to hear more from current/recent members!

Comment

I joined BCC last year after migrating from another GTAA private club. I have personally found Brampton a tremendous golf experience, they have a great staff great facilities and an active welcoming membership. In my first year at Brampton i played more golf in that inaugural season than any year i was at my other club. This new membership is a great way to get introduced to the facility and membership. I don't think you would regret looking at Brampton as a quality golf club of choice.

Comment

Brampton golf club's practice facilities are top notch as well. Better than alot of "Tier 1" private clubs in the GTA.

Comment

Weekends are a nightmare to get a t time and the have so many tournaments/in house events a lot of times are blocked off. The head pro has a personality of a cardboard box and the older members are his main priority; glad I got outta there. Good little track tho, just found they ripped off the members anyway they could like in the bistro. I remember at one point they were charging 14$ for a slice of pita bread with 2 small containers of dip

Comment

Even without an initiation fee it's still 7grand plus a year. And there are/were rumours of developers looking to buy.

Frank

Comment

Originally posted by frankat View Post
              Even without an initiation fee it's still 7grand plus a year. And there are/were rumours of developers looking to buy.

Frank
              The dues aren't out of line for a private club.
              10 degree Cobra Fly-Z+ / Matrix White Tie 55X4
              16 degree Callaway Big Bertha Alpha 815 / Fujikura Speeder 865
              20 degree Ping Rapture V2 Hybrid / MR JavlinFX
              4-AW Nike Vapor Pro Combo / DG Pro

54, 58 degree Ping Glide / CFS
              Ping Anser Redwood

Srixon ZStar XV

Comment

Looking at the Annual Intermediate membership at BGC myself. At $3,883 + additional fees, but with no initiation fees it sounds like a pretty good deal. I have played the course a few times and I'm quite happy with it. The range and short game areas are really nice as well. I hesitate only because it's a 30 minute drive from home.

Any other feedback on the club from other members?

Are there any facilities available for practice during the winter months? Or is the club completely shut down from a golfing perspective in the off season?

Are there any hidden costs that I'm not seeing here?

Comment

There's 30 minutes and then there's 30 minutes with traffic. My trip to my club is 23 minutes (21-25kms) on the weekend, early mornings and evenings. When I try for late afternoon it is almost an hour.

As for hidden costs, there are assessments & capital funds, Hole in One, Leagues, Member/Member/Guests and of course entertainment (bringing friends/colleagues/clients) that add up. I remember thinking when I joined $5,500/$6,000 seemed okay and then +++++.

Comment

Thanks golfingtime, I think I'm aware of all the 'hidden costs'. I'm thinking more along the lines of the 'gotchas' or the catches. Might need someone who's a member to tell if there's any.

As far as the additional fees, these seem to be standard.

Capital Levy Fee
                    RCPC Fee (Clubhouse & Course Improvements)
                    Men’s Prize Fund Fee
                    GAO/Handicapping Fee
                    Junior Fund Donation

Comment

Originally posted by 10101 View Post
                      Thanks golfingtime, I think I'm aware of all the 'hidden costs'. I'm thinking more along the lines of the 'gotchas' or the catches. Might need someone who's a member to tell if there's any.

As far as the additional fees, these seem to be standard.

Capital Levy Fee
                      RCPC Fee (Clubhouse & Course Improvements)
                      Men’s Prize Fund Fee
                      GAO/Handicapping Fee
                      Junior Fund Donation
                      I haven't seen any at my club (3rd year). The issue as said is what I though was $5,500 + F&B, quickly was closer to $10,000 (gulp) without trying. BTW worth every penny right now imo.....

Comment

Hey all. I am an intermediate member at BGC since last season. I would be happy to answer questions the best I can. I will try and answer some of the posts so far, in no particular order.

- There is a new chef from last year and the improvement is very noticeable. The members with much more tenure with me have confirmed the food is much better quality and value.
                        - Wednesday is Men's Day and the tee sheet is quite full from 11-5. There is a lottery system (pick a 30 minute window) for times and everyone does get out but based on volume can be a bit outside your request. Also, the Men's League is very well run with skins, teams, individual (gross and net with a separate Men's Day cap), closest to the pins, food specials, etc. It is $10 each one but they do offer passes for the season (some include other events like Opening and Closing) that give a discount.
                        - The lottery is also for the weekend times and the course is busy from 8-1ish, but again you get a time with a lottery request. There are events that go on but are spread out and they do a good job providing tee times outside the events. Of course, Club Championship events are busier and harder to get a normal round in during prime weekend times.
                        - All of the mandatory costs are listed on the offering. Men's Hole in One Club is $40 for the year and $5 an ace. Each ace is 100 drinks at the bar to give out and a proshop credit ($800) or a gold ring. This is optional to be a part of.
                        - The practice facilities are awesome. Full range, short game area, chipping green and putting of course.
                        - It is also tough to find better greens around. This is the first thing I think of when I play pretty much any where else.
                        - Good highway access also but traffic is traffic.

I will keep an eye on this thread and try to answer any questions that you have honestly and if you talk to Scott at the Club about options or rounds I would be happy to play with you.

Comment

Hey tniloc, literally just pulled the trigger on the intermediate membership at BGC. Just sent Scott the forms and waiting to hear back on what's next. If approved I'll be a member for the rest of the season.

Scott mentioned that the cart barn gets turned into a winter indoor range. Can you speak a bit more on this? I'm assuming there are hitting bays with launch monitors. Are there enough bays for everyone? I could imagine it could be difficult to book practice time.

Comment

Originally posted by 10101 View Post
                            Hey tniloc, literally just pulled the trigger on the intermediate membership at BGC. Just sent Scott the forms and waiting to hear back on what's next. If approved I'll be a member for the rest of the season.

Scott mentioned that the cart barn gets turned into a winter indoor range. Can you speak a bit more on this? I'm assuming there are hitting bays with launch monitors. Are there enough bays for everyone? I could imagine it could be difficult to book practice time.
                            Welcome. Sent you a message back and we will get out and play.

To answer your question here though, yes the bag/cart storage and get turned into hitting bays. This past winter the Clubhouse was completely redone and because there was no accessible facilities, so the winter hitting was unavailable - thanks by-laws. The plus now is a nice new clubhouse and we will have the winter back option back again. It allows us to access bays, and from what I recall there were quite a few. We do have a TrackMan and a screen that gets setup for lessens and bookings. I am not sure of the exact procedure but will start asking around the pro shop for a better answer.

Comment

There is an Open House this Thursday (Aug 16) that includes time with the Pro's as well as food and drink. Pretty sure the deals to play the rest of this year is included if you join for next.

A world-class private course at the heart of the GTA

Comment

Collapse

Latest TGN Reviews

Collapse

PGA Leaderboard

Collapse

Today's Birthdays

Working...
                              X