Mystic GC now a par 73!

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Mystic GC now a par 73!

Originally posted by Laurmich View Post
    Mystic GC in Ancaster has now changed their course from a par 72 to a par 73. The 10th hole will now be played as a par 6 with new scorecards on the way in the next few weeks.

Still a poorly designed hole but your 7 you make will now only be a bogey!!

Lots of positive changes from this time last year. Ryan took over as Superintendent mid way thru last season. John is your new GM and Paul will have a bigger presence inside the trailer (clubhouse?).
    Where did Shawn go? And where is John coming from?

Comment

Originally posted by OldGeezer View Post
      Where did Shawn go? And where is John coming from?
      Sean went to work elsewhere in the private sector. John was GM at Paris Grand and will be GM at both courses this year.
      In the Hamilton Golf + CC Embroidered Ping Hoofer

Club Champion Callaway AI Smoke 11*, Aldila Ascent 40 A Flex​​
      Srixon F45 4-wood, 17*, KuroKage 606 S
      TXG Custom T. Made SIM Max 21* 7-wood, Accra FX 140 2.0 M2
      TXG Custom Cobra Tech 5-hybrid, KBS TGI 75 R

TXG Custom PXG 0211 6-Pw, 1* up, Recoil ESX 460 R
      PXG 0211 GW, 50*, UST Recoil Dart R
      TXG Custom Cleveland CBX 54*, Tour Issue DG Spinner 115

Ping Glide 4.0, 58* TS/6, Nippon 115 S
      Tour Velvet Midsize Grips, Custom TXG Signature Putter Grip
      TXG Custom King Cobra Nova, 25 gram weights, KBS CT Tour Shaft

Comment

Mystic in good shape today. Not great but good especially if you've seen the flood pics on facebook. They have been cart path only since the rain until yesterday. The reason I am bumping THIS thread. I arrived in the pro shop for my walk on round and they were getting their delivery of NEW scorecards. I was about to be the first player to play hole 10 as a par 6 BUT they were printed wrong! Fuuuuu. I guess the change will have to wait.
        Interesting idea from the pro shop though. He suggested hole 2 should be changed to a par 3. Tees moved up and the fairway wet area made into a pond since it aleays gets wet. I would be 100% behind that idea except it would be 2 par 3s in a row. But remain or revert back to a par 72 course.
        I send pictures ~ through the mail ~ of buried treasures ~ and Humpback whales ~to famous people ~ I do not know ~ I sign "Sincerely, ~ Matthias Doe" ~ I await ~ their response...

Comment

Originally posted by Jayhawker View Post
          Interesting idea from the pro shop though. He suggested hole 2 should be changed to a par 3. Tees moved up and the fairway wet area made into a pond since it aleays gets wet. I would be 100% behind that idea except it would be 2 par 3s in a row. But remain or revert back to a par 72 course.
          That would be another thing for the 'haters' NOT to like about Mystic! I don't love back-to-back Par 3's either, but with the FORTUNE Golf North is spending on a New Clubhouse at Calerin, I could see this come to fruition!

Hey, did you get your picture with the famous Mystic Dog?
          Every great idea starts out as a blasphemy

Comment

Originally posted by Big Shooter View Post
            That would be another thing for the 'haters' NOT to like about Mystic! I don't love back-to-back Par 3's either, but with the FORTUNE Golf North is spending on a New Clubhouse at Calerin, I could see this come to fruition!

Hey, did you get your picture with the famous Mystic Dog?
            Starting to doubt his existance. He was away getting married-well his owner was anyway. I think he must have been in the wedding as (man's) best friend
            I like that hole as it is. I like the suggested change as it would be a nicer par 3 than hole 3. I hate 2 par 3s back to back.
            I send pictures ~ through the mail ~ of buried treasures ~ and Humpback whales ~to famous people ~ I do not know ~ I sign "Sincerely, ~ Matthias Doe" ~ I await ~ their response...

Comment

the famous Mystic Dog is always around for pictures, you just have to catch him. He is a busy guy!

Comment

I play the Gold/Silver combo tees, so #10 is Silver.

My drive needs to clear the line of the Birch tree ( or is it a Poplar ? ) on the right side. That is the green light to try a FW over the ravine to the 100 yard marker.

If my drive does not make it past that Birch, then I layup to the end of fairway, trying for the left side. Depending on how that lands, my line, the wind, and my mood , I *may* consider a hybrid to the green. Otherwise, I hit to the 100 marker and try to escape with a clean bogey.

I like #10. They all can't be straight-forward "easy" holes.
                🍍 2023 WITB 🍍​
                Bag | Titleist Hybrid-5 Stand Bag
                Titleist TSi2 10* | Miyazaki Kusala Black 61x or UST LIN-Q White M40X 6F3
                Titleist TSR1 20* & 26* Hybrid | Evenflow White 90S
                Edel SMS Pro 5-PW | Steelfiber i110cw-S
                Edel SMS GW & LW | Steelfiber i110cw-S

Putter | Mizuno OMOI-03 Nickel Finish, stock grip
                Grips | All Clubs With CP2 Wrap Jumbo

Comment

I elected to post here versus the “post your eagles here” thread.

Silver tee block
                  Driver 270 or so. Zero look at the green.
                  5 wood to carry ravine #1
                  PW to carry ravine #2 to the back of the green into first foot of rough
                  56 degree with a roll into the cup for an “eagle 4”

The scorecard says par is 6 and par is 73. I dunno. I’ll take it. ✌

Comment

Collapse

Latest TGN Reviews

Collapse

PGA Leaderboard

Collapse

Today's Birthdays

Working...
                  X