Collapse

Royal Niagara/Penn Lakes

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Royal Niagara/Penn Lakes

Anyone know what the current conditions are like in Royal Niagara and Penninsula Lakes GC?

Heading down to Niagara-on-the-lake this week and I want to take in these courses for the first time.

Anyone any tips that has played them? Would current conditions be decent?

Re: Royal Niagara/Penn Lakes

Ive booked 2 rounds in Penn Lakes after reading a few reviews. Hoping its decent!

Comment

I haven't played Penn Lakes this year, however I drive by it often and it looks in great shape. I am sure you won't be disappointed as it is a great course to play.

Comment

I flew over it this morning at around 8,000 feet and it looked immaculate.

Comment

I played the Orchard 9 last Friday and it was in great shape with only a hint of being wet in a couple of spots. Quarry was not open because it needs to drain more. Apparently the 4th hole on Hillside is very soft in the fairway but that was 5 days ago so it should be better now.
          Aim at nothing and you will hit it every time.

Comment

there are lots of low area's at Penn Lakes so I might expect it's still a bit wet.

Comment

Originally posted by Johnrw View Post
              there are lots of low area's at Penn Lakes so I might expect it's still a bit wet.
              See the post above this one. Quarry is often wet on two holes but with 27 holes available they can work around it by using the two appropriate ones.
              Aim at nothing and you will hit it every time.

Comment

Royal Niagara is solid. 8/10!

Comment

I know this is late based on the original request on this thread, though I played Royal Niagara this weekend (Iron Bridge/Escarpment) and had a great round. I can't remember the last time I played the Iron Bridge 9, and I found it very interesting.

We got out early...had a 4some let us play through on the third hole, and didn't see anyone in front of us for the rest of the morning. We were done in just over 3 hours.

The course was mostly dry, the geeens a little furry, though consistent in speed, and the tee boxes were in good shape. When the course opened, it was a premium experience, just like Lionhead. These courses have seen better days in terms of grooming and the quality of the experience, but the bones are strong.

I'll be ready for a return visit anytime this summer.
                  PING G 10.5 Tour Stiff
                  PING G 5 Wood Tour Stiff
                  PiNG G 3 Hybrid Alta Stiff
                  Mizuno MP-54 4-PW S-300
                  Cleveland RTX 50*, 54*, 60*
                  PING Sigma 2 Anser
                  Chrome Soft X

Comment

How did you enjoy them EAMOK?

Royal Niagara was terrible when I played it. Pen Lakes is a good track tho.
                    http://www.galagolfclub.co.uk

Comment

Collapse

Latest TGN Reviews

Collapse

PGA Leaderboard

Collapse

Today's Birthdays

Working...
                    X