Collapse

First major of the season to start this coming Sunday

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: A Major victory in grand fashion

I'm sure I broke some sort of Tour policy but I had to have a beer on the 12th. I wanted a few more (like 10) but the looming 2 hour drive back home kept it at one.

Best part of the day for me. ahhh.

Great run event.

Comment

Re: First major of the season to start this coming Sunday

the hoot is definetly a hoot what a fun golf course, still havent played the heathlands but cant imagine its more fun than the hoot

Comment

Re: A Major victory in grand fashion

Originally posted by P25 View Post
        Well - yesterday was just about the least amount of fun I've ever had on the golf course, so it's time for me to take a step back, and break from the competitive golf tournaments for a while.

Kudos to the GTAAT staff though, as this event was well run as always despite being played on 2 courses with a huge turnout as many new guys were trying to qualify for their cards.
        Sometimes it's the best thing for your game when it's gone South.

You'll bounce back buddy, just need a break is all.

Comment

Originally posted by grasbunkers View Post
          the hoot is definetly a hoot what a fun golf course, still havent played the heathlands but cant imagine its more fun than the hoot
          IMHO, Heathlands is the best of the 3 from the back tees.

Comment

I personally prefer the Hoot - part of the reason I was so down on myself was that this course really sets up well for me. A lot of risk/reward holes which makes it a truly enjoyable experience - when you're playing well!

Comment

Originally posted by P25 View Post
              I personally prefer the Hoot - part of the reason I was so down on myself was that this course really sets up well for me. A lot of risk/reward holes which makes it a truly enjoyable experience - when you're playing well!
              I agree. Isn't it a fun course to play (when you're playing well)?

I've only had one bad round there, and I felt like throwing up. To make matters worse, the cart girl didn't come around until the 16th green that day!
              Driver: Ping 10*
              Wood: Callaway Big Bertha 3 Wood
              Irons: Accuform PTM (3 - PW)
              Hybrid: TaylorMade 3 (OUT - had enough, make me an offer)
              Wedges: Cleveland 54* & 60*, TaylorMade 52*
              Putter: Scotty Cameron Newport Two "The Art of Putting"
              Bag: Ogio Ultra light
              Balls: Pro v1 / TaylorMade Red

Comment

Originally posted by grasbunkers View Post
                Originally posted by racmbs View Post
                IMHO, Heathlands is the best of the 3 from the back tees.
                You gotta get back and play Heathlands. The fescue is as heavy as I have ever seen it. What fun.

If you can play it at twilight, you're in for a visual treat as well as a golfer's delight.

Comment

Originally posted by Bentley01 View Post
                  I agree. Isn't it a fun course to play (when you're playing well)?

I've only had one bad round there, and I felt like throwing up. To make matters worse, the cart girl didn't come around until the 16th green that day!
                  That was me yesterday....to make matters worse for me, I was playing with guys - one in particular - that were slower than molasses...

Comment

Did lg loop for you?

Comment

I had Robo caddying for me Sunday. Did a great job. I started out on fire, and then lost it - never to be regained.

Oh well...might come back for Whitevale. If not, then I could very well shut it down for the season.

Comment

they put you on the clock? if it was just one guy, i always thought they could've just put him on it instead of the whole group

Comment

As usual, a very well-ran event by Mark & the gang. The marshalls helped out a lot on the Heathlands. I was a bit disappointed in the condition of some of the greens & most of the tee-blocks. Got spoiled by the conditions at Wildfire last week I guess.

It was nice beating my personal best on Heathlands on Sunday by 9 strokes, but paid for it in spades on Monday. When your game isn't on, that course will eat you. I find the 17th to be a killer.

Congrats to Victor for winning the C-flight by 7 strokes.
                          In my Taylormade TMX Stand-bag:
                          Mizuno JPX 825 Pro DG R300 4 - PW
                          Scratch Golf 1018 50 & 56 SS;
                          Taylormade 58 degree lob wedge
                          Scotty Cameron Select Newport 2 Notchback
                          Cobra S3 5w
                          TaylorMade R11 3w
                          TaylorMade R11 Driver

Comment

Collapse

Latest TGN Reviews

Collapse