/**/

Collapse

Announcement

No announcement yet.
Collapse

Road Trip ideas to USA/ Bit of Golf and nice vacation for Wife??

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Road Trip ideas to USA/ Bit of Golf and nice vacation for Wife??

Anyone have ideas on a nice southern trip to States, bit of golf, but also some sight seeing for the wife, and good food, places to see. Is it possible to do in 2 weeks?. Was thinking drive to Nashville or Dallas, then over to Charleston South Carolina, Hilton head for couple days golf,,,then drive back to Toronto. Can this be done?,,or does anyone have any other ideas /suggestions?

Re: Road Trip ideas to USA/ Bit of Golf and nice vacation for Wife??

Be careful of how many kms you build into your itinerary.

I've done a couple of road trips where my main memory was of sitting in the car driving between things.

So.... Dallas seems a long way away for 2 weeks.

I'd go down the east coast looking at places like DC, Savannah, Charleston. The Carolinas are so packed with good courses it makes it easy to add a few rounds in. Would the wife be golfing too?

You've probably got time to swing out to Nashville. I spent a week there (too long) and had fun. It's such an important hub for the music industry it's packed with session players who play the local clubs and bars when the aren't recording. I also recall some rather sophisticated dining that I hadn't anticipated. You'd cross the Great Smoky Mountains (or similar) to get there with good views, hiking, biking, etc.
    "Confusion" will be my epitaph
    ...Iggy

Comment

Originally posted by Mick12 View Post
      Anyone have ideas on a nice southern trip to States, bit of golf, but also some sight seeing for the wife, and good food, places to see. Is it possible to do in 2 weeks?. Was thinking drive to Nashville or Dallas, then over to Charleston South Carolina, Hilton head for couple days golf,,,then drive back to Toronto. Can this be done?,,or does anyone have any other ideas /suggestions?
      That sounds terrific - Dallas is quite a haul though. Nashville has the GO Opry and Ryman and Tootsies on Broadway across from Ernest Tubbs. Graceland in Memphis and Beale Street.
      Charleston is highly recommended - loved it there - theres an old Plantation off of HW 17 going north toward Myrtle Beach, maybe visit some of the Gullah attractions - these were descendants of slaves whose ship sunk...
      If you go to Hilton Head, you can visit Savannah. On the way back you could stop into DC and see the sights and go across to the Eastern Shore of Maryland.
      I envy you - my sweetie isnt into road trips...

Comment

Thanks for ideas, Great suggestions that I will look into. Yes she golfs, and she loves road trips so I am lucky that way. I guess Dallas is out, (it was my idea as I never been ) could fly there then rent car, but i imagine it would be really expensive. So go to Nashville,,over to Charleston (I heard it awesome),,,then over to Myrtle Beach for a few days then head home?.

Comment

Originally posted by Mick12 View Post
          Thanks for ideas, Great suggestions that I will look into. Yes she golfs, and she loves road trips so I am lucky that way. I guess Dallas is out, (it was my idea as I never been ) could fly there then rent car, but i imagine it would be really expensive. So go to Nashville,,over to Charleston (I heard it awesome),,,then over to Myrtle Beach for a few days then head home?.
          Perfect.
          We got a great price on a 5 BR (little big for 2) unit right on the beach dunes in North Myrtle. Depending on when you go you can probably get a crazy deal especially for a smaller unit. Bought a bunch of seafood take out one night at Eugene Platts - blue crab, crawfish, crab legs, stone crabs, etc.

Comment

Drive to HHI (16 hrs) over 2 days. Stop in Charlotte on the way down. Stay on the island and plan day trips to Charleston (1.5 hr drive) and Savannah (45 min drive). You have a multitude of golf and there is good shopping on the island (outlets). Some great food all over the island for many different palates. Great beaches, cycling and a totally relaxing scene.
            Greg

SIM 9* Diamana s60 Limited X, SLDR 15 Speeder Motore TS 7.2 X15*, Titleist 913HD 18* UST V2 89X, Titleist 962B (3-6) DG Sens. X100 (+1", 2* up), Miura 1957 Baby Blades (7-9) DG Sens. X100 (+1", 4* up, pured), Titleist SM4 Oil Can 48 06 bent to 47* DG Sens. X100, Cleveland 588 TSC 53* (S400), Titleist SM Oil Can 58 08, Custom Slighter Tacoma (36.25", 70*lie, 2.25* loft), Custom putter headcover by girlygolfer.com , Sun Mountain C130

Comment

Depending on the time of year, the Williamsburg thru to Virginia Beach area fits the bill
              Every great idea starts out as a blasphemy

Comment

Collapse

Latest TGN Reviews

Collapse

PGA Leaderboard

Collapse

Today's Birthdays

Working...
              X