Collapse

The Launch is a RIP OFF

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: The Launch is a RIP OFF

It's simple supply and demand folks. If place remains busy at the prices they charge, they will likely continue to increase prices. In quiet times they correct prices (offer discounted rates or promotions) to encourage more traffic. It's not good business for them to charge $20 per hour when at $40 per hour they can stay packed. Why do you think a green fee costs what it does at Pebble Beach....because there are throngs of people willing to pay it and only a finite number of tee times each day. I understand that may be a lot to pay for some people but when you're one of the only games in town (at this time of year), you hold the cards. It's somewhat like lower end courses that open super early...they will be packed and make decent money before everyone else opens their doors.

Comment

Originally posted by EagleManiac View Post
      The fact that you compare wooden sticks to the launch in your so called "analogy" is a clear indication you shouldn't comment at all. The expression "you snooze you lose" would apply in my case if the rates were clarfied to me when I was on the phone with them. Honestly refrain from commenting for the sake of simply massaging you ego.
      I am working on my post count so I can sell more golf stuff.
      Resolve to be tender with the young, compassionate with the aged, sympathetic with the striving, and tolerant with the weak and wrong, because sometime in your life, you will have been all of these. Dr. Robert H. Goddard

Comment

I really don't see how you can get pissed at a business when they charge you the going rate. Furthermore I don't see why you feel it's appropriate to be smug with other TGNrs when they offer an opinion. If Launch was making too much money, there would be other businesses opening to fill the gap. It costs what it costs you can choose to use the facility or not.

FWIW there was no comparison of Launch to Wooden sticks, the comparison was your subsequent evaluation of Launch as a rip off to someone complaining of the price of a round at Wooden sticks when they failed to investigate the price beforehand. One garners little sympathy in either scenario.

Comment

Originally posted by Bern View Post
          I really don't see how you can get pissed at a business when they charge you the going rate. Furthermore I don't see why you feel it's appropriate to be smug with other TGNrs when they offer an opinion. If Launch was making too much money, there would be other businesses opening to fill the gap. It costs what it costs you can choose to use the facility or not.

FWIW there was no comparison of Launch to Wooden sticks, the comparison was your subsequent evaluation of Launch as a rip off to someone complaining of the price of a round at Wooden sticks when they failed to investigate the price beforehand. One garners little sympathy in either scenario.
          Read the posts before you go on the offensive. Don't accuse people of something because you simply lack comprehension or sympathy in this case for someone else's misfortune. There's no point to explain this any further, this will be the end of this post. As a passionate golfer I feel I was misinformed, as a fan of the game the cost to play this game should be justified by the quality of the service, and as a human being I am entitled to my opinions. Exercise self control and refrain from replying.
          Titleist 917 D3 - Fujikura Speeder Pro TS 74
          Taylormade R15 TP 3 Wood
          Titleist 714 MB - Project X
          Nike Method 001 Putter
          Titleist Prov1-X

Comment

I think they changed the price for the fittings too. Called Friday they quoted me $100 for Iron and Driver fitting togther. Called sunday to book the fitting the price changed to $100 for either driver or iron not both

Misfortune occurs when the results are un-forseen, I don't have sympathy for some one who fails to inform themselves. From previous posts it appears you may have trouble understanding fee structures, don't worry we TGNrs can help you with your comprehension going forward

Comment

Im getting a kick reading your comments Keep going LMAO.

23 Posts! Welcome to TGN!

Read the posts before you go on the offensive. Don't accuse people of something because you simply lack comprehension or sympathy in this case for someone else's misfortune. There's no point to explain this any further, this will be the end of this post. As a passionate golfer I feel I was misinformed, as a fan of the game the cost to play this game should be justified by the quality of the service, and as a human being I am entitled to my opinions. Exercise self control and refrain from replying.

Comment

Originally posted by brettgolf View Post
                It's simple supply and demand folks.
                Precisely. It's business, even the golf instruction business.

I was at the launch last week and the guy did everything he could to save me money and give me the best deal. I ended up paying about $40 to hit balls for 90 minutes.

They were brand new balls by the way.

Comment

Originally posted by NickStarchuk View Post
                  Precisely. It's business, even the golf instruction business. I was at the launch last week and the guy did everything he could to save me money and give me the best deal. I ended up paying about $40 to hit balls for 90 minutes. They were brand new balls by the way.
                  Good points, they almost always have some kind of deal.
                  It's like a golf course with twilight rates etc.
                  Noticed in OP's video which is posted elsewhere on here shows a tray full of new balls. Grandad was right "Seek and you shall Find.
                  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6RUpHeG5obw
                  Resolve to be tender with the young, compassionate with the aged, sympathetic with the striving, and tolerant with the weak and wrong, because sometime in your life, you will have been all of these. Dr. Robert H. Goddard

Comment

I'm never paying thirty something dollars to hit balls, I always verify the price upon arrival.
                    I've been to Launch a couple of times and it gets pretty busy but it wasn't good enough to intice me back, since the balls were all frozen last time I was there.
                    "3 bad shots and 1 good one equals PAR"

Comment

+ 1. Well you're a smart consumer to ask the questions before hand. I too don't know why someone couldn't ask on the phone prior to arrival. To me, this is just common sense.
                      Originally posted by LastTycoon View Post
                      I'm never paying thirty something dollars to hit balls, I always verify the price upon arrival.
                      I've been to Launch a couple of times and it gets pretty busy but it wasn't good enough to intice me back, since the balls were all frozen last time I was there.

Comment

I'm done with the Launch I can't stand greed.

Comment

Originally posted by Plumber58 View Post

Some would say that everything revolves around greed...not to open a can of worms, but come work downtown in the financial core with me for a week and you wont think Launch is so bad

Comment

Originally posted by Plumber58 View Post
                            and welcome to the nut bunch!!

Comment

28 tax in for unlimited balls on a weekday evening is actually pretty good IMO, however i jush wish they used balls that dont come falling out of a sky.
                              Those balls literally go nowhere, for the first half of the flight everything seems fine and then all of a sudden they just drop like grenades.

Comment

I usually go 9 - 11 pm. It's usually quiet and you don't get the "hey look at my Happy Gilmore swing" crowd at that time. I have never paid more than $30 for 2 hours of unlimited balls at that time and I have been going to this place for the last 10 years.

Comment

Collapse

Latest TGN Reviews

Collapse

PGA Leaderboard

Collapse

Today's Birthdays

Working...
                                X