Marijuana Legalization

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Marijuana Legalization

Originally posted by dmcdam View Post
    How many moonshiners are still in business?

Not sure the actual answer, but given there is shows, and we've bought some in the US, they are out there for sure. But I don't think that is even close to an apples to apples comparison unless you are labeling all alcohol the same as straight distilled fire water and all weed the same (tho coming from a non drug user, I really have no idea, but will go on that some like different varieties).

Comment

imho marijuana should have been legalized a long time ago, as well as the stigmatization that comes with it. For the life of me I don't see how people argue its not okay to have marijuana legalized but seem to have no problem with the endless amounts of alcohol that is readily available and which is far more detrimental. If you can buy a god damn keg of beer and drink until your 80 year old neighbour looks like Scarlett Johansson, you should be able to buy and use marijuana legally. wait...........wait. what were we talking about?

Comment

Comment

More people coming to Canada...
          Last edited by AjaxGolf; May 27, 2016, 01:31 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by 4wedges View Post
            I don' buy it. There may be self driving vehicles but that doen't mean t public will buy them en mass. Many people enjoy driving. There are so many factors to consider.
            If there's a movement to humans not driving I believe it will be much longer in the future than 10 -15 years.
            Fear is a great motivator.. look at the this "post 911" horse ****.

They'll just start posting the horrors human cause due to driving and bam it will be done.

Driverless cabs, good idea. Perhaps a lot of people won't own a care due to this idea.

Comment

Originally posted by spazzdla View Post
              Fear is a great motivator.. look at the this "post 911" horse ****.

They'll just start posting the horrors human cause due to driving and bam it will be done.

Driverless cabs, good idea. Perhaps a lot of people won't own a care due to this idea.
              If it was matter of posting the "horrors" of driving then drinking & driving wouldn't exist, nor would smoking & a host of other things. People don't change that easily.

Comment

Originally posted by Rocknronny View Post
                Here maybe this http://www.huffingtonpost.ca/news/joint-venture/ can help those who may not be as informed as some of us. Legalize it tax it and lets move on.

RR
                In these article, one of the arguments in favour is that some US states do it, so why not Canada. The US states that legalised marijuana had no choice because of successful referendums. At the Federal level in the US marijuana is still illegal, the Federal government does not have the resources to prosecute these crimes without state support, so they don't. In Canada, we dont make laws based on popularity. If we did, there would be no speed limits.

Liberal supporters have complained that Harper muzzled scientists. Will the new government listen to the Health Canada scientists who state that there is no evidence supporting the safe use of marijuana, or will they be ignored or overruled by lawyers and political staff.

Comment

Originally posted by laps View Post
                  In these article, one of the arguments in favour is that some US states do it, so why not Canada. The US states that legalised marijuana had no choice because of successful referendums. At the Federal level in the US marijuana is still illegal, the Federal government does not have the resources to prosecute these crimes without state support, so they don't. In Canada, we dont make laws based on popularity. If we did, there would be no speed limits.

Liberal supporters have complained that Harper muzzled scientists. Will the new government listen to the Health Canada scientists who state that there is no evidence supporting the safe use of marijuana, or will they be ignored or overruled by lawyers and political staff.
                  Has Health Canada recommended that marijuana be kept illegal? They've said there are health risks (as there are for many legal substances) but unless I'm mistaken (possible) they've never put forward an position on whether it should be legalized or not.

However, this is not a direct equation with muzzling scientists unless the Trudeau Liberals tell Health Canada they're not allowed to say marijuana carries health risks. Legalizing marijuana would not be the same as muzzling the scientists.

The Liberals haven't even been sworn in yet. Let's wait for the hypocrisy to occur before looking for it.

Comment

Originally posted by gearhead View Post
                    A slippery slope indeed IMO...professionally speaking, generally nothing good comes from booze, drugs or vices when it requires people to self-regulate personal consumption. If, or more like when, marihuana is legalized my question would then be what is next on the list ? Cocaine? Crystal methamphetamine? Prescription drugs?
                    Currently, we struggle with the social costs of drug and alcohol consumption (health care people chime in here please). I'm not sure the revenue generated from this new "source" will offset the costs associated with it be they in the health care or judicial system. I do agree it should be kept out of the court system for a simple possession offence and the current threshold of 30grms is reasonable.

Impaired driving (by alcohol and/or drug) is on the upswing and we should be mindful as to how much we are willing to let our society become medicated/sedated regardless of the drug of choice.

Would this proposed amendment be supported had those 3 kids and their grandfather were killed in Vaughn by a dope smoking driver vs one induced by alcohol ?
                    people have an incredible short memory and Brian Greenspan is counting on it.

Right now the Madd campaign is aimed at Alcohol impaired drivers but it should encompass all drugs, including legaly prescribed painkiller medication since they can also severely impair your driving
                    things change

Maga Lies Matter

Comment

Originally posted by spazzdla View Post
                      NO no no, I meant humans will not be able to drive cars at all in Canada in 10-15 years due to self driving cars.

Good night uber and taxis.

yeah right... self driving cars we are at least 100 years away from.

look how many businesses are interconnected with car accidents alone.

here I will list the ones that are just off the type of my head

chiropractors,physiotherapists,auto mechanics, auto body repair, insurance companies, tow truck drivers, car manufacturers, steel mills that supply the manufacturers, parts suppliers.

ALL of those companies even more which i have not listed will be severely impacted if not completely go out of business if people stopped destroying their vehicles on the world roads. Personally I think it should happen, as it is how our world becomes more advanced and progress further. But there is WAYYY WAYY WAYYY too much money that will side against having it.

another thing can a driverless car be programmed to do an immoral act to save the occupants of the vehicle? what do i mean by that? if a child were to jump on to the road in front and a transport truck going the other way.. drive off the side of a 100 foot cliff, run over the child (immoral) to save the occupants of the vehicle? or knowingly destroy the occupants of the vehicle by swerving into oncoming traffic?

who is going to program that? what factors will take into account?

10-15 years? more like 100-150 years.

Comment

Originally posted by puttpreviewtiger View Post

chiropractors,physiotherapists,auto mechanics, auto body repair, insurance companies, tow truck drivers, car manufacturers, steel mills that supply the manufacturers, parts suppliers.

ALL of those companies even more which i have not listed will be severely impacted if not completely go out of business if people stopped destroying their vehicles on the world roads. Personally I think it should happen, as it is how our world becomes more advanced and progress further. But there is WAYYY WAYY WAYYY too much money that will side against having it.

another thing can a driverless car be programmed to do an immoral act to save the occupants of the vehicle? what do i mean by that? if a child were to jump on to the road in front and a transport truck going the other way.. drive off the side of a 100 foot cliff, run over the child (immoral) to save the occupants of the vehicle? or knowingly destroy the occupants of the vehicle by swerving into oncoming traffic?

Driverless cars are much closer than you think. The example you gave is morally ambiguous, there is nothing immoral about hitting the child. Sure it's unfortunate but it isn't immoral.

As to programming for these events it's pretty straight forward. One could always argue had a driver been behind the wheel an accident could have been avoided but the fact is in an aggregated scenario driverless cars will no doubt result in fewer lives lost than having people behind the wheel. Not only that, there will be fewer traffic jams and ******** driving will be a thing of the past. There can and will be 'Blue-sky' events due to some failures but those will be far fewer than human error.
                        Last edited by Bern; Oct 22, 2015, 01:51 AM. Reason: typo

Comment

you're right .
                          our economy would spiral down if these self-serving cars hit the street.

and what would humans do in your scenario? They would hit the dog.
                          things change

Maga Lies Matter

Comment

Originally posted by Bern View Post
                            Driverless cars are much closer than you think. The example you gave is morally ambivalent, there is nothing immoral about hitting the child. Sure it's unfortunate but it isn't immoral.

As to programming for these events it's pretty straight forward. One could always argue had a driver been behind the wheel an accident could have been avoided but the fact is in an aggregated scenario driverless cars will no doubt result in fewer lives lost than having people behind the wheel. Not only that, there will be fewer traffic jams and ******** driving will be a thing of the past. There can and will be 'Blue-sky' events due to some failures but those will be far fewer than human error.
                            yeah its morally o.k to run straight into a child knowingly... we found out who slept through ethics in school. please go research the "trolley problem" and then come back. then research how the "trolley problem" is related to autonomous vehicles. I think you will change your mind.

and you are correct, driverless vehicles will result in MASSIVE reduction in lives lost, but who gets sued in the event that an autonomous vehicle causes an accident? the programmer? manufacturer? computer supplier?

but would result in massive amount of losses.

Comment

yeah its morally o.k to run straight into a child knowingly... we found out who slept through ethics in school. please go research the "trolley problem" and then come back. then research how the "trolley problem" is related to autonomous vehicles. I think you will change your mind.

and you are correct, driverless vehicles will result in MASSIVE reduction in lives lost, but who gets sued in the event that an autonomous vehicle causes an accident? the programmer? manufacturer? computer supplier?

but would result in massive amount of losses.
                              And you missed logic entirely. The logic in the trolley problem doesn't take self preservation into account. It also has very known parameters and outcomes that does not impact the person making the decision.

Comment

Originally posted by Bern View Post
                                ... and ******** driving will be a thing of the past...
                                Damn. Well, at least with pot being legal I can relax and light one up instead
                                In The Bag

Golf clubs

"You're just expected to work and die ...
                                and maybe buy some useless s**t you don't need inbetween"

Comment

Collapse

Latest TGN Reviews

Collapse

PGA Leaderboard

Collapse

Today's Birthdays

Working...
                                X