THE GTA AM TOUR TAKES FLIGHT WITH A GREAT NEW SPONSOR

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: THE GTA AM TOUR TAKES FLIGHT WITH A GREAT NEW SPONSOR

Originally posted by ctv1 View Post
    Sorry but from where I sit it looks like they aren't serious about the senior flights .....
    You're entitled to that opinion, as uneducated and false as it may be. If you knew the amount of work that has gone on behind the scenes to accommodate the 3 new flights, perhaps you would change your tone. I suspect not though. Some people just like to be negative....

Comment

Originally posted by AlfaGolfer View Post
      It's remarkable how some find fault with anything and everything, and usually from a solipsistic perspective at the expense of community.
      Brad, I'm always excited when someone uses a word seldom seen or heard. Another 1st on TGN I would presume.
      Every great idea starts out as a blasphemy

Comment

Originally posted by Gwelfgulfer
        So are we to assume that you now have internal knowledge of how much is going on, working for them now? I honestly wouldn't think that adding 3 new flights would actually take basically any work as the format/templates is/are already present, yardages are going to be the same as other flights, it's just a matter of figuring out where the break point would be for the flights given the vast scoring difference (0-7.4 and 7.5-29.9 for Sr. and basically open for women). Sorry, but don't buy that for a second when all the leg work has already been done in the previous 12+ years on how to run things. This isn't so much about being negative as you over stating the workload. I've helped run Member/Guests, Club C's and a host of other club events, inputting players and caps is about the most time consuming thing.
        I do some work for the Tour, and I have never hidden that. Started about a year ago. If you look at the 2015 thread, I did disclose it in the first post.

I'm not going to go into great detail about the work...all I'm saying is that the amount of thought and work that has gone into this does suggest the Tour is serious about it. It wasn't just thrown in there, hoping people would sign up.

Comment

Originally posted by P25 View Post
          I do some work for the Tour, and I have never hidden that. Started about a year ago. If you look at the 2015 thread, I did disclose it in the first post.

I'm not going to go into great detail about the work...all I'm saying is that the amount of thought and work that has gone into this does suggest the Tour is serious about it. It wasn't just thrown in there, hoping people would sign up.

Didn't see it in the thread as I wasn't playing. Difference of opinion I guess, as is most things on here. But a bit of a cheap shot on the uneducated and false part as again, a difference of opinion on the amount of work load stated will vary by individuals experience running events.

Comment

Originally posted by Gwelfgulfer View Post
            Didn't see it in the thread as I wasn't playing. Difference of opinion I guess, as is most things on here. But a bit of a cheap shot on the uneducated and false part as again, a difference of opinion on the amount of work load stated will vary by individuals experience running events.
            All I am suggesting is that the Mark is very serious about the additional flights, and quite hopeful they pan out. He loves nothing more than seeing guys have fun on Tour. I think all who have spent any time with him will attest to that.

Comment

Originally posted by Big Shooter View Post
              Brad, I'm always excited when someone uses a word seldom seen or heard. Another 1st on TGN I would presume.
              Hi Mark,

There's plenty more where that came from but, I try to exercise restraint.

Sometimes even colloquialisms are misused and misunderstood so, I try not to get too esoteric with language.

It's a microcosm of the real world on here. Sometimes , sometimes , usually best to .

Comment

Originally posted by P25 View Post
                All I am suggesting is that the Mark is very serious about the additional flights, and quite hopeful they pan out. He loves nothing more than seeing guys have fun on Tour. I think all who have spent any time with him will attest to that.

Agreed 100%

Comment

Originally posted by Big Shooter View Post
                  +1 definitely word of the day/week/month.

If only I could find a way to use it in a casual conversation!
                  Pete
                  Titleist Driver 910D3
                  Titleist 915F 15
                  Titleist 915H 18
                  Titleist AP2 (4 - PW)
                  Titleist Vokey 52 & 56
                  Scotty Newport 2

Comment

Collapse

Latest TGN Reviews

Collapse

PGA Leaderboard