• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Driver Swing

Sweet - that would be awesome. Cheers.

Comment

Originally posted by 4underthru9 View Post
      Don't you just hate it, when some guy hangs around behind you with one of one of those damn tracer things.

https://i.imgur.com/agTDLSr.gifv
      brilliant

Comment

Originally posted by Ryan Corbin View Post
        Dont mind some of the suggestions posted, you hit a lot of great positions and overall have nice geometry and look to be a pretty solid player. If I were to make any off the wall suggestions based off the three grainy DTL driver videos at that boring cold looking golf club there .. it would be a simple step drill to front foot in transition..

You don't really seem to create much separation in transition... So I think if you could add the step drill to your practice repertoire it will help create a bit more aggression in transition with getting that weight shifting, lower and upper body seperating, which will give a nice stretch to abductors, lats etc which will allow for more powerful firing of muscles and improved kinematics.

The drill:
        Take your normal stance
        Place front next to back foot
        3 Quarters of way in back swing, replace front foot to original position and hit.

Will feel a bit baseballesque, but proper weight shift and separation is essential to nearly any athletic movement.

just my quick 2 cents
        Ryan, could you do this drill where your front foot is in place but just positioned back a bit where your left toe line is parallel to your right heal line. Then at 3/4 backswing step forward with your left foot to where you want it posted. When I try the feet together step I tend to slide left too much. Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by ndrpar View Post
          Ryan, could you do this drill where your front foot is in place but just positioned back a bit where your left toe line is parallel to your right heal line. Then at 3/4 backswing step forward with your left foot to where you want it posted. When I try the feet together step I tend to slide left too much. Thanks
          I would have to try in order to really understand.

I like to do the drill with the focus of externally rotating the left leg with the step.

here's an example from this morning:

Last edited by Ryan Corbin; Feb 19, 2017, 06:03 PM.
          www.ryancorbingolf.com
          insta: @ryancorbingolf
          twitter: @ryancorbingolf
          youtube: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dH_UpKVADIo

Comment

Thanks for this. Is my goal for this drill when I step towards my left is getting that extension on the downswing with the proper sequence while maintaining balance through my finish? You made it look pretty easy but I assume it takes a while to get solid contact every time.

I can see why you would start this drill with iron but benefits driver the most right?

Thanks.

I like to do the drill with the focus of externally rotating the left leg with the step.

Comment

the goal for the drill is to create proper separation between upper and lower body to initiate downswing powerfully from the ground up. don't overcomplicate it, it's as natural as throwing a ball or swinging a bat. just learn the timing of the step. I like to add the external rotation of the entire leg when stepping in order to free up hip joint so that the pivot is more powerful and fluid. it also helps to prevent excessive slide.

Another helpful feel is to feel lots of extension in the backswing so that when you step you can really gain the sensation of disassociation and stretch in left side
              www.ryancorbingolf.com

Comment

the goal for the drill is to create proper separation between upper and lower body to initiate downswing powerfully from the ground up. don't overcomplicate it, it's as natural as throwing a ball or swinging a bat. just learn the timing of the step. I like to add the external rotation of the entire leg when stepping in order to free up hip joint so that the pivot is more powerful and fluid. it also helps to prevent excessive slide.

Another helpful feel is to feel lots of extension in the backswing so that when you step you can really gain the sensation of disassociation and stretch in left side
                Can you post up a drill to help develop inside out path from outside in. Lefty. My swing ranges from 4-5 deg up to 8-9 with a driver.

Comment

Originally posted by pszwed View Post
                  Can you post up a drill to help develop inside out path from outside in. Lefty. My swing ranges from 4-5 deg up to 8-9 with a driver.

Might have some time tomorrow. I won't do it lefty for you though haha, I'll try mirroring the video.
                  www.ryancorbingolf.com

Comment

That's amazing....I just had this lesson with my instructor last week...it was the take way to practice at home!

Comment

I've been practicing this drill at home without hitting a ball, a good way to feel the swing to kill the winter blues.

Comment

not to hijack thread just wanted to reply to pszwed as i promised.. here is an easy setup to help shift path more into out without having seen your swing..

www.ryancorbingolf.com

Comment

Collapse

Latest TGN Reviews

Collapse

PGA Leaderboard

Collapse

Today's Birthdays

Working...