Collapse

Golf club making/repair class in the GTA

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Golf club making/repair class in the GTA

Looking to get into doing my own club making/repair work. Is there any place that offer beginner course for club making/repairing in the GTA? Looking for a weekend day course that covers the basics. Hands on exercise would be great.
    Difference between Regular, Stiff, X-Stiff is the amount of alcohol content. Enjoy responsibly.

Mizuno SWING DNA Speed [85] Tempo [4] ToeDown [4] KickAngle [4] Release [8]

Re: Golf club making/repair class in the GTA

None that I know.

Golfsmith Mississauga used to have exactly what you are looking for, but as we all know they are non existent. You build your own club.

If you already have the tools/materials, why not just watch a couple YouTube DIY vids? If you want personal instruction, I would be open to showing you?

I am between homes and all my tools are in a storage pod (house is going through a full reno). Once it's done, I will have my dedicated shop back.
    Ping G410 Plus 9*/Accra TZ5
    Ping 2014 Rapture 13*/Accra TZ6
    Ping G410 17.5*/Accra TZ X275
    Srixon Z565 3&4, Z765 5-P/Accra iCWT 95
    Ping Glide Stealth 50SS+54ES/Accra Tour 100i
    Evnroll ER2B 34”/370g
    MGI Zip Navigator AT/Sun Mountain Teton

Comment

Also happy to help.

How involved do you want to get?

Pulling shafts, reshafting, basic but Correct club assembly ( measure, cut/ glue) , basic swing weighting, remove/install grips is something I can teach you in a couple hours.

If you want to get into more advanced such as shaft alignment methods (spine finding, flat line oscillation (FLO) ) , weight sorting heads and shafts for a proper build, building frequency matched , frequency sloped sets , proper measuring of heads for loft/lie using a clubhead guage , bending etc then it's a more involved process.

As Derek said, some good vids out there and Hireko site has or had lots of good info. It's an art as much as a science so many, many little tricks of the trade that you likely won't find in books or vids and each club maker has their own .
      There are some books out there and Suggest you look at buying Tom Wishon's book Common Sense Clubfitting at some point. You ar more than welcome to borrow my copy.
      Last edited by Weirfan; Mar 13, 2017, 06:12 PM.
      "Don't cry because it's over, Smile because it happened "

Comment

Thank you both for the offer! I will contact you guys to arrange a basic walk through/lesson at your convenience and workout a lesson price with you.
        Difference between Regular, Stiff, X-Stiff is the amount of alcohol content. Enjoy responsibly.

Mizuno SWING DNA Speed [85] Tempo [4] ToeDown [4] KickAngle [4] Release [8]

Comment

That's the way I started too! Placed an advertisement in TGF, HoganNut replied and I made contact with Jack Baird from JB's Golf Service's in Welland. Spent every Saturday in his shop(and many Sundays too) for two years learning persimmon wood 4R's(repair, rebuilding, restoration and refinishing). You want to learn Metal Woods and irons club building and the such and I'm happy for you. The key is...you found somebody who is willing to share what they've learned...best of luck.
          Blair
          St. Catharines
          " One Day At A Time"

Comment

Collapse

Latest TGN Reviews

Collapse

PGA Leaderboard

Collapse

Today's Birthdays

Working...
          X