Rumoured Costco Kirkland Signature 4-piece balls

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Rumoured Costco Kirkland Signature 4-piece balls

Originally posted by parskiandhutch View Post
    I have no idea whatsoever. Would a rebranded ball need to be registered with the USGA?

Found this:

It's a 4 layer ball made by Nassau.....could that be it?

Product Description

4 Layers golf ball offering long distance, great spin, max control, increased speed and optimum velocity.

Nassau Golf is a Netherlands based distributor of high standard technology golf balls to Europe for every player and each type of golf course. Nassau golf balls are a very popular brand in Netherlands and Northern Europe.

The 4 layers Nassau Quattro is a soft golf ball suitable for pitch and putt players.

Cover: Thermoset Urethane with lower hardness materialized the long distance by the stiffness and resistance, keeping the softness and control
    Core: NdBR soft core gives a very soft feeling still providing fast speed for long distance on drivers
    Inner mantle: achieved extremely enhanced flying distance from high resilience and low compression resin
    Outer mantle: Ionomer resin covers give high resilience for lond distance with providing optimum spin rate on irons and drivers
    Dimple: The new generation of 350 pattern designed by aerodynamic science makes the optimum trajectory for the longest distance on drivers and reduces the runs over the short iron shots.

Found this too (if you can read German):

http://www.crown-golf.ch/ballqualitaeten.html
    Those are made in Korea. The dimple number is wrong
    MEMBER OF THE 2012 AND 2015 RYDER CUP CHAMPS!

Comment

Originally posted by Jeffc View Post
      Those are made in Korea. The dimple number is wrong
      The ball in original post is a 4 piece ball made in Korea by a company named Nassau. This is a 4 piece ball made in Korea by a company named Nassau. You're right about the dimples....maybe that's the Costco tweak.

If it looks looks like a duck and walks like a duck....

Comment

Originally posted by parskiandhutch View Post
        I have no idea whatsoever. Would a rebranded ball need to be registered with the USGA?

Found this:

It's a 4 layer ball made by Nassau.....could that be it?

Product Description

4 Layers golf ball offering long distance, great spin, max control, increased speed and optimum velocity.

Nassau Golf is a Netherlands based distributor of high standard technology golf balls to Europe for every player and each type of golf course. Nassau golf balls are a very popular brand in Netherlands and Northern Europe.

The 4 layers Nassau Quattro is a soft golf ball suitable for pitch and putt players.

Cover: Thermoset Urethane with lower hardness materialized the long distance by the stiffness and resistance, keeping the softness and control
        Core: NdBR soft core gives a very soft feeling still providing fast speed for long distance on drivers
        Inner mantle: achieved extremely enhanced flying distance from high resilience and low compression resin
        Outer mantle: Ionomer resin covers give high resilience for lond distance with providing optimum spin rate on irons and drivers
        Dimple: The new generation of 350 pattern designed by aerodynamic science makes the optimum trajectory for the longest distance on drivers and reduces the runs over the short iron shots.

Found this too (if you can read German):

http://www.crown-golf.ch/ballqualitaeten.html
        Better show this company information to bl8d, he or she (avatar) seems to have got it wrong again.
        Resolve to be tender with the young, compassionate with the aged, sympathetic with the striving, and tolerant with the weak and wrong, because sometime in your life, you will have been all of these. Dr. Robert H. Goddard

Comment

If it is all legit when do we start to see them in a Costco here? Early spring?

Comment

Originally posted by Marty Canuck View Post
            If it is all legit when do we start to see them in a Costco here? Early spring?
            That's as good as guess as there could be I think. WRX thread says October but I imagine that's only for the southern USA. If they do come out in the south around that time they'll make an appearance up here for next season no doubt.
            9° Cobra King F6+ Driver
            15.5° Cleveland Mashie 3W
            19° Adams Tight Lies 2 3H
            4 - AW TaylorMade RocketBladez HL
            54.11 Titleist Vokey SM4 Tour Chrome
            58.09 Titleist Vokey SM4 Tour Chrome
            SeeMore Corona Del Mar X2
            Sun Mountain Four 5

Comment

Seeing as its Costco, spring stuff will likely show up in january

Comment

There is probably a VERY HIGH probability that this ball will not be available in Canada and only in the US. I go down to Michigan monthly to visit my brother and we always get our Costco shopping in before we head back. The amount of Kirkland labeled products in the US is amazing and most of it is not available in Canada.

Comment

Originally posted by spas1 View Post
                  There is probably a VERY HIGH probability that this ball will not be available in Canada and only in the US. I go down to Michigan monthly to visit my brother and we always get our Costco shopping in before we head back. The amount of Kirkland labeled products in the US is amazing and most of it is not available in Canada.
                  Not saying you don't bring up a valid point, but a user named snaphooker on the WRX thread found one up here:

found one today in Canada of all places
                  unfortunately it was on my last hole so I didn't play it yet
                  looks to be urethane and looks to have a seem where the two sides meet like the pro v1's used to have
                  I would upload pictures but can't figure it out how
                  Looks and feels to be very high end in quality
                  Though not specifically named I would imagine it was around the GTA somewhere, can't see someone coming across a prototype ball in the prairies. Maybe they'll only carry it in certain parts of Canada?
                  9° Cobra King F6+ Driver
                  15.5° Cleveland Mashie 3W
                  19° Adams Tight Lies 2 3H
                  4 - AW TaylorMade RocketBladez HL
                  54.11 Titleist Vokey SM4 Tour Chrome
                  58.09 Titleist Vokey SM4 Tour Chrome
                  SeeMore Corona Del Mar X2
                  Sun Mountain Four 5

Comment

Originally posted by 4underthru9 View Post
                    Better show this company information to bl8d, he or she (avatar) seems to have got it wrong again.
                    It's................. till the Fat Lady Sings --I had no idea it would be that cryptic an avatar.

she doesn't sing often, but when she does................
                    things change

Maga Lies Matter

Comment

If Costco can turn them over fast enough up here they will bring them up here. It's all about revenues generated per Sq. Ft. They have a minimum number and if a product meets their number they will sell it.

Comment

has anyone considered it may be made by Nassau, " under license"?
                        things change

Maga Lies Matter

Comment

Originally posted by bl8d View Post
                          has anyone considered it may be made by Nassau, " under license"?
                          I think that's what we've all been saying.

Comment

Originally posted by Marty Canuck View Post
                            If Costco can turn them over fast enough up here they will bring them up here. It's all about revenues generated per Sq. Ft. They have a minimum number and if a product meets their number they will sell it.
                            Yup. I think the fact that we see the 3 pack of Callaway gloves & 24 pack of Callaway balls available all summer year after year is a good omen to have the Kirkland balls available in Canada. You'd think the margin is higher with their brand name. Having said that, it would not surprise me whatsoever if they don't carry them here. Someone else posted the Kirkland brand is much more available south of the border than it is here.

I spend a few weeks in FLA every spring so I'll just have to be sure to stock up....and hit the Costco liquor store on the way out!

Comment

Originally posted by Jeffc View Post
                              I think that's what we've all been saying.
                              My argument was that Nassau does not produce a premium ball based on it own R/D, and why I said it's a Callaway ball, with Nassau, so it appears,acting as the (production) conduit for Costco.
                              IMO the way it was presented by you guys made it seem as if it was a total Nassau design.
                              Producing a product under license and producing your own intellectual property right product is night and day difference.
                              things change

Maga Lies Matter

Comment

Hmm I didn't realize that these were not in market. I got a sleeve from a Costco event a few weeks back and thought it was a US only product and didn't think twice. The image posted in this thread is what the ball looked like.

I am by no means someone who has played a lot or has a good feel, the balls felt alright.

If anyone wants one, I left one at Pheasants run, midlands #9 right side bush beside the green.

Comment

Collapse

Latest TGN Reviews

Collapse

PGA Leaderboard

Collapse

Today's Birthdays

Working...
                                X