TXG

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: TXG

Originally posted by kiedo View Post
    did he mention how soon? TO location is 10 mins away. too far for burlington. Can't wait.
    I had a fitting in mid January, and Ian was hoping early to mid feb. the location is on Scarsdale Rd....York mills and leslie

Comment

Originally posted by Gunsynd View Post
      I had a fitting in mid January, and Ian was hoping early to mid feb. the location is on Scarsdale Rd....York mills and leslie
      thanks for info!!
      AIR HYBRID II on CG 3.5
      Epic 9.5° Fujikura Pro Green 62 S
      917 F2 15° Even Flow Blue 75 S
      Stealth 3H 19° Ventus Red 7 S

P770 4-P Dynamic Gold 105 VSS S
      MG2 50.09 | 54.11 | 58.08 Dynamic Gold S200
      ER1 Blade
      TP5x

Comment

Just had my irons/driver fit at TXG. I am a long time MG customer and have been going there since Ian/Kyle/Hoyt and Tracey ran the place.

I cant tell you how impressed i was with TXG. Ian is obviously awesome and probably one of the best in the business but for anyone on the fence about going to TXG, you will find that their business is more around relationship building and less about pressuring clients into buying uber expensive equipment.

I would highly recommend anyone who is serious about playing optimal equipment to give them a shot!!

Comment

I'm confused a bit here, who is pressuring anyone into buying expensive clubs? Is Ian selling cheap golf clubs? And from previous comments, how is MG any different now that Ian left?

Comment

I would like to hear the differences RE: Price, selection of heads/shafts, experience etc from anyone who was done both. Where Ben is obviously has a distinct advantage though
            Last edited by Cowboy; Feb 10, 2017, 02:48 PM.
            Driver: Callaway BB Epic 13.5, Veylix Alpina 673S - WILDEYE!
            16.5* 4W: Ping G25, Fujikura Pro Wood 63R
            20* 3H: Callaway Apex, Accra CS1 HB-M4
            4-A: Callaway Apex Combo, Project X LZ 5.5
            Wedges: TM TP 54/60-ATV, DG Spinner Wedge
            Putter: SC Sqaureback No. 1
            Bench: Ping Anser UST VTS TourSPX Hybrid Silver 75R
            RCGA Factor: 11.6 (75 up to....)

Comment

I was in for a fitting last weekend and really enjoyed the experience. The ball speed increases that I saw were pretty impressive. The data still isn't in mytrackman but I'm looking forward to being able to dig a little deeper into the numbers.

Hit the new Muira Genisis irons and they feel pretty sweet. I was getting the same ball speed from TM M2 tours though so my wallet was happy about that.
              Attached Files
              TM M2 D-type 9.5 Accra CS1 70
              TM Jetspeed tour 19* Accra CS1 80
              TM M2 tour 4-9 Accra ICWT 95
              Callaway X-Forged 48, 52, 58, 64 Pro Modus3 105
              Nike method MC3i

Osprey Valley Century Club
              100 holes - May 2, 2016

Comment

Originally posted by acesrwild View Post
                I'm confused a bit here, who is pressuring anyone into buying expensive clubs? Is Ian selling cheap golf clubs? And from previous comments, how is MG any different now that Ian left?
                #Troll

Comment

Ha! Yes, 1 post and that's it.

Welcome aboard and thanks for the contribution
                  What's in the bag?
                  TM M2
                  Cobra F6 fairway woods and irons
                  PING Sigma G Putter
                  Les Grossman: "I'm talking G5. Playa, playa"

Comment

Last Time I was at Faraway Greens, TXG had the full line of Bobby Grace Putters too...I'm still playing the original so looking forward to test driving a few of those for an upgrade! I have never seen them in Canada!
                    Killer21
                    M2 Oban Devotion 6S
                    Adams XTD 3, 5 wood Matrix Red Tie 7S
                    Adams Pro 20* Hybrid Aldila Tour Red R
                    Adams Pro DHY 24* Hybrid Aldila Tour Blue R
                    Adams XTD Irons KBS C-Taper Lite R
                    Titeleist SM4 Vokey 54*
                    Titleist SM5 5Vokey 58* W DG Spinner
                    Macgregor Bobby Grace 6.4 K Putter
                    Bridgestone RXS

Comment

I just can't believe I was so jealous of our southern US neighbors for access to multiple specialized club fitting locations.... Living...
                      my whole life in t-dot

Always read about them then just after I moved 6+ years ago... Options appear.

Now I'm loving life out east but so jealous I can't have a fitting... Halifax rules... But would love this specialized fitting.
                      Literally only one custom fitter in Halifax... And he only fits pxg, (too expensive) miura (too expensive) and kzg (better love them because resale would be $100 on a 2k set).

Wish the golf market was bigger here.
                      PING CAMO BAG...
                      WEAPONS...
                      SRIXON ZX5 10.5
                      3W TM M2
                      HYB 19 deg Callaway Epic
                      5-aw Callaway Epic Forged

SW TM Milled Grind 56
                      LW TM MILLED GRIND 60

PUTTER Rotation TM Spider Tour, Scotty np2 ,
                      3 ball Fang, RIFE TOUR

Comment

I had a fitting at TXG Burlington and couldn't be happier with their service, prices and selection. Ian was absolutely amazing to deal with. I ended up getting fit for some amazing items. The Callaway Epic SZ is definitely for me. I loved the feeling of it! My numbers were obviously much better than my current gamer. Irons, huge fan of Srixon 765s and Nippon 130 gram stiff shafts which I didn't think I would like, I wanted a lighter shaft, but performance is performance. Anyways, I 100% highly recommend TXG.

Mike

P.S. Callaway Apex CF 16s and Mizuno 900 forged are pretty nice as well!

Comment

Originally posted by Killer21 View Post
                          Last Time I was at Faraway Greens, TXG had the full line of Bobby Grace Putters too...I'm still playing the original so looking forward to test driving a few of those for an upgrade! I have never seen them in Canada!
                          Modern Golf has had Bobby Grace for a few years.

Comment

I will add to this now that I have had the chance to visit. I went in to do a fitting this week and my first impression was it had the look of Modern Golf (for obvious reasons) but in a much smaller footprint, but still tons of room for what you’re doing.

My iron warm up shots were alright with a slight pull, the I promptly started smoother hooking the tar out of everything, which made it pretty difficult for Ian to get a baseline. Eventually it got a little better, but still was not putting my best forward. I eventually starting putting a playable swing on things, and we did find a good combo that helped keep my swing timing/tempo a bit more consistent though – ending up moving for 90g iron shafts to 115s, without feeling like swinging a piece of rebar. Ian and Mike were both patient through my initial struggles and we made progress despite the C-game swing I brought with me.

Moving into the driver- it’s the worst club in my bag. When I’m playing well, I hit a big low draw that will run out for ages. Carry 215-225, but roll out would give me enough total length. Two problems: 1) lack of carry can make it problematic to take the line I want even on good days, and 2) I’m horribly inconsistent with it and I end up hitting toe hooks that barely go 200, or blocking it off the map. It can ruin a day pretty quickly, and probably the only reason I’m not back in a single digit factor. I promptly started giving a demonstration of my driver woes, and straight up, it was frustrating embarrassing to have this continue on a day when you want to bring a somewhat decent game to get value from the fitting – but we got there. It was obvious that I was consistently putting the ball of the toe, and swinging rather steep with my driver (59 degree swing plane). So, Ian and Mike did exactly what they’re job is – find a way to help fit a club to my swing to get the contact where it needed to be. Came back with a dialed up M2 with an Alpina Veylix 673S, 3/4" shorter than my current driver.

It was like an infomercial miracle cure, and I ripped the first one down the pipe with another 25 feet of height, carrying 220ish and running out to 245-250. I actually smiled and laughed right after the first shot. We switched into a 13.5 degree Callaway Epic and that was it. The feel, balance etc, just made me go after it. Averages were:

SS: 94, BS: 140, Smash: 1.49, LA: 14.2, RPM: 2368, Carry 229, Total 256. Peaked out at 237/265.

Average deviation on smash was .01, carry 4.8 yards, and total only 3.9 yards. Sooo repeatable with the same swing I was hitting dog-sh*t with 5 minutes before. We toyed around a bit with a couple others but this was by and loud the winner. Hopefully this is useful to us mere mortals here that swing driver under 100 MPH.

Things ran on a bit long due to my poor start. We found a little more weight in the FW helped keep things on track for me, and my existing hybrid was still found to be rock solid, so we didn’t do anything with it.

The facility is nice, the service is good, and most importantly, the results are there. The value in their fitting service is without question. I would definitely recommend the place.

Thank you to Ian and Mike for their time and generosity.
                            Driver: Callaway BB Epic 13.5, Veylix Alpina 673S - WILDEYE!
                            16.5* 4W: Ping G25, Fujikura Pro Wood 63R
                            20* 3H: Callaway Apex, Accra CS1 HB-M4
                            4-A: Callaway Apex Combo, Project X LZ 5.5
                            Wedges: TM TP 54/60-ATV, DG Spinner Wedge
                            Putter: SC Sqaureback No. 1
                            Bench: Ping Anser UST VTS TourSPX Hybrid Silver 75R
                            RCGA Factor: 11.6 (75 up to....)

Comment

WHAT! WHAT WHAT!
                              I don't know what you have in mind but very excited.
                              Last edited by Mule56; Mar 23, 2017, 06:02 AM. Reason: Removed deleted quote
                              PING CAMO BAG...
                              WEAPONS...
                              SRIXON ZX5 10.5
                              3W TM M2
                              HYB 19 deg Callaway Epic
                              5-aw Callaway Epic Forged

SW TM Milled Grind 56
                              LW TM MILLED GRIND 60

PUTTER Rotation TM Spider Tour, Scotty np2 ,
                              3 ball Fang, RIFE TOUR

Comment

Originally posted by sharkhark View Post
                                WHAT! WHAT WHAT!
                                I don't know what you have in mind but very excited.
                                It's going to be a TXG/Fish 'n Chips shop

Comment

Collapse

Latest TGN Reviews

Collapse

PGA Leaderboard

Collapse

Today's Birthdays

Working...
                                X