Collapse

Will Tiger ever Win another Major?

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Will Tiger ever Win another Major?

I don't see it happening (on the PGA Tour).....maybe on the Champions Tour?
    No
    66.34%
    Yes
    33.66%
    Every great idea starts out as a blasphemy

Re: Will Tiger ever Win another Major?

Not a chance for Tiger on the PGA. He would be lucky to win 3 regular PGA events.
    He will win some Majors on the Champions Tour, but Jack's Major Record is safe.
    Last edited by TourIQ; Jan 28, 2017, 01:40 AM.
    Adams XTD Ti 12.5* / TightLies 2 Ti / Super 9031 Tour / Ping WRX i20 Irons
    Ping WRX Tour Gorge / YES Natalie Putter B-CG / Leupold GX-4 Rangefinder
    Personal Best: 79, hoping for another sub 80 round before the Twilight Zone

Comment

Zero chance. I'm a huge Tiger fan, but his current swing looks awful and seems like it is solely crafted as protection for a fragile lower back. His career is over IMO.
      Over thinking, over analyzing separates the body from the mind.

Comment

Originally posted by TourIQ View Post
        Not a chance for Tiger on the PGA. He would be lucky to win 3 regular PGA events.
        He will win some Majors on the Champions Tour, but Jack's Major Record is safe.
        He wont be playing on the Champions Tour.

Comment

Originally posted by Cyrus View Post
          He wont be playing on the Champions Tour.
          Agreed. I think Tiger likes to win the biggest prizes in the biggest competitions.

Not so interested in the "Has-Beens" Tour.

I know it's only his second tourney in this comeback (and I believe this is he final comeback), but 2nd-last in a limited field and now MC with an odd-looking swing and a shaky putter.

It's not that he's being dominated by the young guns. Coming in at T110 and missing the cut by 4 strokes means there's a whole lot of golfers of all stripes in front of him.

Lots of chatter about how Torrey Pines was too challenging a course to start his comeback. That shouldn't matter to a guy with 8 wins there, he should have been feeling very confident there.

Everybody has a bad round or two, so he can certainly improve. I really question his judgement in flying all the way to Dubai for the next one. That's not going to put him in the best shape.

TLDR? No. No more majors.
          "Confusion" will be my epitaph
          ...Iggy

Comment

I agree Tigers swing looks very protective. He will continue to hit hooks, pulls, and weak cuts if he continues to swing the driver like he did this week. He was "steering" the club. It was probably tough to play with Dustin Johnson and Jason Day, two of the best players in the world right now, outdriving him by 20+ yards I assume. However, these best players missed the cut also and have been playing at their best for a long time now. Torrey Pines is very difficult, and regardless of how comfortable Tiger should have felt, he was not at all comfortable, nor would anybody be in that situation. Tiger should have played a tourny in Hawaii first. Large fairways and plenty of room for error. Tiger did however shoot even par in his second round, which wasnt far off from most players in the hunt. Im sure he will loosen up his body with more tournament rounds under his belt, and will start playing better. Assuming of course he doesnt hurt himself again. I hope he stays healthy and continues to play.
            M1 430 9.5 Speeder 661 X
            M1 3 H/L Speeder 757 X
            Mizuno MP-4 3-PW
            Vokey SM6 52, 56, 60
            TA Tru-Milled 303SS

Comment

It's so hard to imagine him winning another tournament let alone a major based on what we have seen of him , so I voted no.

He's missed the cut 7 times in his last 21 starts on the PGA. In that 21 are 2 WD and a number of bottom results, only one top 10.

But.... He is Tiger Woods, and sometimes miracles can happen. Jack's win at Augusta in 86 was pretty much a miracle and while extremely unlikely, not out of the realm of possiblility, it could happen with Tiger. I think Augusta woukd be the place, if it does.
              "Don't cry because it's over, Smile because it happened "

Comment

On a week-end where we have single finals Serena/Venus and Federer/Nadal . . . sure Tiger might win again.
                If you think it's hard to meet new people, try picking up the wrong golf ball.

Comment

You can never say never when it comes to tiger. Yes i think he will one or more again.

Comment

I think British open will be best chance for tiger
                    See a lot of older guys getting it done there in recent years
                    Henrik
                    Phil
                    Ernie
                    Darren etc

Considering he hasn't won the master in 12 years now and the course being so long I can't see a another green jacket in his future

Comment

I think the more burning question for the ages is "Will Rickie Fowler ever win a major?".

Comment

Originally posted by sauerkraut View Post
                        I think the more burning question for the ages is "Will Rickie Fowler ever win a major?".
                        Sergio!?
                        Every great idea starts out as a blasphemy

Comment

Originally posted by Big Shooter View Post
                          Sergio!?
                          Id love to see him get one. Although im on the doubt it train with him

Comment

Seems Ricky made the decision to change his swing awhile back, i dont know for sure, however I believe he has the problem now of switching between new techniques and old ones. His swing seems pretty unique and to change the natural movements that got him to the tour seems strange. I know a lot of guys are changing their swings for more distance and for longevity of the body, but why change a naturally unique swing..? Just ask Jim Furyk and his bank account.
                            M1 430 9.5 Speeder 661 X
                            M1 3 H/L Speeder 757 X
                            Mizuno MP-4 3-PW
                            Vokey SM6 52, 56, 60
                            TA Tru-Milled 303SS

Comment

Originally posted by Hope469 View Post
                              Seems Ricky made the decision to change his swing awhile back, i dont know for sure, however I believe he has the problem now of switching between new techniques and old ones. His swing seems pretty unique and to change the natural movements that got him to the tour seems strange. I know a lot of guys are changing their swings for more distance and for longevity of the body, but why change a naturally unique swing..? Just ask Jim Furyk and his bank account.
                              Pretty sure the first year he worked with Butch was the year he won the Players and his best on tour.

Comment

Collapse

Latest TGN Reviews

Collapse

PGA Leaderboard

Collapse

Today's Birthdays

Working...
                              X