Collapse

Video taping your swing

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Video taping your swing

Last summer I taped my swing at the range.
    Trying to figure out my hooks with the hybrid and driver.
    Irons usually go where I aim.
    I watched it at home and wow , what I thought my swing looked and felt like was nothing what actually was.
    I tweaked my swing with the driver and my last 7 rounds were pretty solid.
    Hybrids still suck!
    Who else video tapes and what have you learned ?
    No, I won't post my video.

Re: Video taping your swing

When I'm struggling, I usually break out the cam and record my swing. I used to have a recording of a few of my good swings so I can compare the two to get it back to when it worked. Then the drive I had my recordings on died. ARghhh.

Comment

Good app called Hudl Technique I've been using to analyze my team's baseball swings and throwing/pitching. It's quite popular in golf instruction. Super slow mo, allows you to do side by side, draw lines, and more.

Couple of examples:

Welcome back to Instagram. Sign in to check out what your friends, family & interests have been capturing & sharing around the world.

Welcome back to Instagram. Sign in to check out what your friends, family & interests have been capturing & sharing around the world.

I've not used it for golf, but my son's instructor does (Geared To Golf).

Comment

Thanks P25. Will check it out.
        My friend mentioned Coaches Eye as well.

Comment

What kind of equipment needed for best results

tripod
          video camera
          cellphone
          Hudl app
          other?

Could set up in the sims most likely.

Comment

Tripod and phone or tablet is good enough.

Comment

V1 Home is a free download at http://www.v1golfacademy.com/v1home.asp

Comment

Originally posted by P25 View Post
                Good app called Hudl Technique I've been using to analyze my team's baseball swings and throwing/pitching. It's quite popular in golf instruction. Super slow mo, allows you to do side by side, draw lines, and more.

Couple of examples:

I've not used it for golf, but my son's instructor does (Geared To Golf).
                Great app for golf.

Lining up the camera in the correct spot is important. You don't want it behind the ball you want it on your toe line and about hip high.

Comment

If anyone with the proper equipment wants to set up in my condo sims and do some swing recording shoot me a PM. The last time I saw my swing was after a 1 hour lesson at Launch many many years ago. Either week night after 6 or pretty much anytime on the weekends. Location is Allen and Sheppard.

Comment

Has anyone used the Zepp Golf app (and sensor that attaches to your glove)? I have heard it can capture your swing on video as well as showing you your swing plane etc.

It's about $180 at Best Buy but don't know anyone that's tried it.

Comment

Originally posted by Ldngolfnut82 View Post
                      Has anyone used the Zepp Golf app (and sensor that attaches to your glove)? I have heard it can capture your swing on video as well as showing you your swing plane etc.

It's about $180 at Best Buy but don't know anyone that's tried it.
                      I have it, used it a few times, it's OK. Gives you club speed, plane, tempo, and back swing length. It connects to your smart phone via bluetooth - I have an Android and it's easy to pair and use the app. I use V1 golf to analyze my swing and use that more often than the Zepp device as I'm more concerned with my swing characteristics like early extension or over the top.

It would not be something I would buy again. I would rather spend the money on lessons and use V1 to see if I was implementing what I was taught.

Just my .02 cents.

Comment

Collapse

Latest TGN Reviews

Collapse

PGA Leaderboard

Collapse

Today's Birthdays

Working...
                      X