Osprey Valley

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Osprey Valley

Originally posted by Kobegolf View Post
    played osprey for the first time last friday. weather was iffy, but turned out great. long term forecast had it cold and wet, which scared off a lot of people i bet. course traffic was empty. 2 rounds in 6 hours. started at 9:30 and done at 3:30
    It seems like some of the people who missed out last week when it rained decided to make up for it this week.

Comment

It was a great day at Osprey today. Parking lot was fuller than I've ever seen there!

Comment

A quick heads up:

Our Final Fall Rates go into effect on November 7th.
        Monday - Sunday $74 *with a free upgrade to Play All Day*
        Twilight (1pm) $59
        plus taxes, carts are optional ($17 per rider)

And don't forget to mention Caledon Meals on Wheels when you book your tee time and we will donate a portion of your green fee to them!
        Last edited by Osprey Valley Golf; Nov 1, 2016, 09:17 AM.

Comment

Played today in near perfect conditions. Walked the first nine on Toot, then took a cart to finish the back nine. After proceeded to play Hoot. Finished the second round and then went back to Hoot for my third round for the day. Started at 9:11am, got off the 18th on Hoot the second time around at 3:45pm. Didn't run into anyone except another solo walker on the 16th of Hoot during my second round. Thanks Osprey again for a beautiful day!
          WITB-Titleist Lightweight Stand Bag
          Driver-Titleist 910-12°
          FW-910-18°
          FW-Ping G30-21°
          Hybrid-915-27°
          Irons-Titleist 714CB-4/5,714MB-6-W
          GW-Titleist SM4-50
          SW-Titleist SM5-54
          LW-SM2-58
          Putter-SC Newport 2
          Century Club-108 holes at Osprey Valley Aug 4 2016

Comment

Originally posted by 54holesormore View Post
            Played today in near perfect conditions. Walked the first nine on Toot, then took a cart to finish the back nine. After proceeded to play Hoot. Finished the second round and then went back to Hoot for my third round for the day. Started at 9:11am, got off the 18th on Hoot the second time around at 3:45pm. Didn't run into anyone except another solo walker on the 16th of Hoot during my second round. Thanks Osprey again for a beautiful day!
            I think I saw you pull in right after me this morning. I was the walker heading off on Hoot at the same time as you started on Toot.

Ignatius Reilly joined me for my second round on the Toot. Awesome day for golf in November and Osprey is in great shape as always. Heathlands' greens are a little bumpy from the aeration but Toot is almost back to normal...Hoot were putting like late June
            What's in the Sunmountain 4.5?

10.5 M2 with Speeder 77 Stiff 3 wood shaft
            TM Rescue 17*
            TM M2 4-AW
            TM RAC 52/56 CG15 60
            Odyssey 2 Ball with Superstroke Fatso

Comment

That was me who started right after you on Toot. Every time I play Osprey, it is always perfect and the weather was just amazing yesterday. I should have played Heathlands but when I finished my second round on Hoot and went to the first tee on Heathlands I saw a group on the first hole so I decided to play Hoot again. It was completely open which worked out since I needed to go home early. If I didn't have to leave early I would have had time to play another 18 holes but still enjoyed the 3 rounds.
              Driver-Titleist 910-12°
              FW-910-18°
              FW-Ping G30-21°
              Hybrid-915-27°
              GW-Titleist SM4-50
              SW-Titleist SM5-54
              LW-SM2-58
              Putter-SC Newport 2

Comment

Playing Hoot nice and early tomorrow. Can't wait!

Comment

Heading up tomorrow as well aiming for 11:00 tee off.

Comment

Two great days up there this week. Heard in the pro-shop that this weekend is likely the last. Understandable with the forecast but I hope things change
                    What's in the Sunmountain 4.5?

10.5 M2 with Speeder 77 Stiff 3 wood shaft
                    TM Rescue 17*
                    TM M2 4-AW
                    TM RAC 52/56 CG15 60
                    Odyssey 2 Ball with Superstroke Fatso

Comment

Wish i could be there today!

Comment

Who and when does course maintenance occur....
                        Do they have a team of elves???
                        Heathlands is always in perfect condition but no one ever sees a maintenance person.
                        Played yesterday fantastic shape....
                        Packed but a decent pace of play.

Comment

Originally posted by golfpop View Post
                          Who and when does course maintenance occur....
                          Do they have a team of elves???
                          Heathlands is always in perfect condition but no one ever sees a maintenance person.
                          Played yesterday fantastic shape....
                          Packed but a decent pace of play.
                          Thanks for the compliments! They do try to be as discreet as possible when golfers are out on the courses.

Comment

Just wanted to update everyone that Osprey Valley is just pure joy and Golfing Paradise. Had a day off yesterday and drove my usual 50 mins drive up to OV. It was raining but figured it would taper off. Ended up teeing off at 11:30am on the Heathlands once the rain stopped. Finished playing solo in 2 hours. Headed to Toot right afterwards and finished with some light showers here and there in under 2 hours, had 3 birdies so pace was quick. Then went in to grab a bite and headed back to Toot to play my 3rd round. Had to deal with a 1/2 hour rain delay on the 3rd hole, then it cleared up so back in the car by 645pm. Staff was great and accommodating considering I was the only golfer yesterday. Thanks Osprey again for such great play all day memories. Whoever hasn't played OV you don't know what you are missing. Hoot was not open yet but they hope to open soon. Can't wait to return.
                            Driver-Titleist 910-12°
                            FW-910-18°
                            FW-Ping G30-21°
                            Hybrid-915-27°
                            GW-Titleist SM4-50
                            SW-Titleist SM5-54
                            LW-SM2-58
                            Putter-SC Newport 2

Comment

Originally posted by 54holesormore View Post
                              Just wanted to update everyone that Osprey Valley is just pure joy and Golfing Paradise. Had a day off yesterday and drove my usual 50 mins drive up to OV. It was raining but figured it would taper off. Ended up teeing off at 11:30am on the Heathlands once the rain stopped. Finished playing solo in 2 hours. Headed to Toot right afterwards and finished with some light showers here and there in under 2 hours, had 3 birdies so pace was quick. Then went in to grab a bite and headed back to Toot to play my 3rd round. Had to deal with a 1/2 hour rain delay on the 3rd hole, then it cleared up so back in the car by 645pm. Staff was great and accommodating considering I was the only golfer yesterday. Thanks Osprey again for such great play all day memories. Whoever hasn't played OV you don't know what you are missing. Hoot was not open yet but they hope to open soon. Can't wait to return.
                              Glad you were able to fit in three rounds between the weather!

Comment

Just went out today to play 36. Started with Hoot in the morning and played in 3 hours with just 2 of us; we didn't see another group all morning except a very pleasant 2-some who we caught at hole 10, and they let us through on hole 12. I had never played Hoot and it was gorgeous! Loved the layout, conditioning, scenery. Everything was fantastic. It really reminded me of Summit, my current home course.

Had a nice relaxing lunch; the food I must say is way under-rated! Had the house burger and it was fantastic...much better than the food at my last 2 private courses!

Then finished the afternoon on Toot. Beautifully conditioned; front 9 I found to be a bit forgettable but loved the back 9. Greens were very tricky and rolling great. We skipped a hole past a foursome on hole 4 who didn't wave us through; and then we just hopped over to play it while on the back 9. Other than that didn't see any other groups!

Thanks Osprey for an amazing day! A little piece of golf heaven.

Comment

Collapse

Latest TGN Reviews

Collapse

PGA Leaderboard

Working...
                                X