Toronto Golf Nuts - Greater Toronto Area Golf Forum  


Go Back   Toronto Golf Nuts - Greater Toronto Area Golf Forum > Golf Discussion Forum > Club Fitting
Forgot Password? Join Us!

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old Apr 20, 2017, 09:32 PM   #26
Jasonp
Club Pro
 
Join Date: Dec 17, 2015
Location: Bradford
Posts: 722
Default Re: TXG - My Experience Today

Do note most demo heads are a 7i mizuno uses a 6i.

I duno what club u were hitting on your AP2s.
__________________
Driver---Cobra King F6+ (10.5) Aldila Rogue Black 70 S 44.5"
3W------Cobra King F6 (14.5) Aldila Tour Blue 85 S 42.65"
5W------Cobra King F6 Baffler (17.5) Aldila Tour Blue 85 S 41.75"
3H-------Cobra King F6 (20.5) Fujikura Motore Speeder 9.8 TS S 39.4"
DHY------Adams Super DHY (21) Matrix White Tie S 39.75"
Irons------Titleist 714 AP2 4-PW C Taper S
Wedges---Cleveland RTX 3 (52/MG 58/LG) C Taper S/KBS 610 Wedge S
Putter-----Ping Cadence TR Sheah H w/ Flatso 1.0
TLT'D @ Dans Custom Golf
Jasonp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 21, 2017, 12:16 AM   #27
Playthru
Tour Pro
 
Join Date: Mar 12, 2010
Location: Oakville
Posts: 2,301
Default Re: TXG - My Experience Today

Nice plug for TXG. Are they sponsors here?
Playthru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 21, 2017, 12:50 AM   #28
smc66
Tour Pro
 
smc66's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 14, 2011
Location: Richmond Hill
Posts: 1,418
Default Re: TXG - My Experience Today

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jasonp View Post
Do note most demo heads are a 7i mizuno uses a 6i.

I duno what club u were hitting on your AP2s.
Everything hit was a 6-iron ... TXG doesn't use fitting cart demo heads.
smc66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 21, 2017, 12:51 AM   #29
smc66
Tour Pro
 
smc66's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 14, 2011
Location: Richmond Hill
Posts: 1,418
Default Re: TXG - My Experience Today

Quote:
Originally Posted by Playthru View Post
Nice plug for TXG. Are they sponsors here?
Don't think so. Does that matter?
smc66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 21, 2017, 01:17 AM   #30
racmbs
Tour Pro
 
racmbs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 9, 2005
Posts: 22,801
Default Re: TXG - My Experience Today

Quote:
Originally Posted by Playthru View Post
Nice plug for TXG. Are they sponsors here?
So a happy customer can't share a positive experience without said company being a sponsor? Just be sure you follow the same principle when talking about your favorite golf course if they aren't sponsors either.
racmbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 21, 2017, 02:26 AM   #31
sunshiNee
Tour Pro
 
sunshiNee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 22, 2011
Location: Richmond Hill
Posts: 1,343
Default Re: TXG - My Experience Today

Awesome results guy!

330+ yard drives, very impressive. I would only be able to sniff that downhill down wind and pan hard fairways of course

Also very impressed with smc66 iron fitting. Almost two club lengths, more than enough to yell "shutup and take my money".

From a few of the TXG fitting threads it seems Nippon shafts are coming out on top, and performing real well for a lot of people. Now must try myself!:>
sunshiNee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 21, 2017, 03:50 AM   #32
P25
Tour Pro
 
P25's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 3, 2008
Location: Brooklin
Posts: 20,522
Default Re: TXG - My Experience Today

Quote:
Originally Posted by racmbs View Post
So a happy customer can't share a positive experience without said company being a sponsor? Just be sure you follow the same principle when talking about your favorite golf course if they aren't sponsors either.
Ya. Don't talk about anything. Posts like the one you responded to are why industry experts like Ian, Tobybear, and Gawain don't bother to come on here much anymore.
P25 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 21, 2017, 06:25 AM   #33
Pingeye2_fan
Tour Pro
 
Pingeye2_fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 26, 2006
Location: Near Hamilton
Posts: 10,844
Default Re: TXG - My Experience Today

Quote:
Originally Posted by P25 View Post
Ya. Don't talk about anything. Posts like the one you responded to are why industry experts like Ian, Tobybear, and Gawain don't bother to come on here much anymore.
Which is truly unfortunate for the TGN community.
__________________
PLAY FAST PLAY RIGHT
Pingeye2_fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 21, 2017, 06:52 AM   #34
Playthru
Tour Pro
 
Join Date: Mar 12, 2010
Location: Oakville
Posts: 2,301
Default Re: TXG - My Experience Today

Quote:
Originally Posted by smc66 View Post
Don't think so. Does that matter?
Did not say it did. Was just curious. Why so defensive?
Playthru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 21, 2017, 08:06 AM   #35
P25
Tour Pro
 
P25's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 3, 2008
Location: Brooklin
Posts: 20,522
Default Re: TXG - My Experience Today

Quote:
Originally Posted by Playthru View Post
Did not say it did. Was just curious. Why so defensive?
Nobody is being defensive. Just wondering why it matters. It clearly doesn't. If you think any of us have skin in the game...I can only speak for myself in saying I don't. If I did, I'd say so (as I did in my original Modern Golf review where I stated I won a contest). This forum is about helping others, and my post was to provide people with a positive review on a new fitting studio that I think is as good as it gets on every level (service/expertise/overall experience).

I like helping good people, and the folks at TXG are just that.
P25 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 21, 2017, 08:23 AM   #36
Playthru
Tour Pro
 
Join Date: Mar 12, 2010
Location: Oakville
Posts: 2,301
Default Re: TXG - My Experience Today

Quote:
Originally Posted by P25 View Post
Nobody is being defensive. Just wondering why it matters. It clearly doesn't. If you think any of us have skin in the game...I can only speak for myself in saying I don't. If I did, I'd say so (as I did in my original Modern Golf review where I stated I won a contest). This forum is about helping others, and my post was to provide people with a positive review on a new fitting studio that I think is as good as it gets on every level (service/expertise/overall experience).

I like helping good people, and the folks at TXG are just that.
Good to know. Enough said. Sorry to distract from the intent of your post.
Playthru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 21, 2017, 11:26 AM   #37
peterse90
High Handicapper
 
Join Date: Apr 29, 2008
Location: Newmarket
Posts: 29
Default Re: TXG - My Experience Today

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunshiNee View Post
From a few of the TXG fitting threads it seems Nippon shafts are coming out on top, and performing real well for a lot of people. Now must try myself!:>
Did a fitting with TXG last week and ended up ordering Mizuno 900 Forged with Nippon MODUS 105's (I'm an older guy with slower swing speed).

I much preferred the Nippons to the PX and TT's I tried.
Would like to have tried some KBS but didn't.

I did a fitting with Golf Town and TXG. Very different experiences - both have good points.
peterse90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 22, 2017, 05:40 PM   #38
tobybear
Club Pro
 
Join Date: Apr 9, 2008
Location: GTA
Posts: 714
Default Re: TXG - My Experience Today

Quote:
Originally Posted by P25 View Post
Ya. Don't talk about anything. Posts like the one you responded to are why industry experts like Ian, Tobybear, and Gawain don't bother to come on here much anymore.
Thanks for the kind endorsement

Haven'y been on here in a while but saw my name mentioned.

Its people who choose to ignore facts that prevent me from posting anymore.

Lots of great fitters and technology available to help golfers get better.
tobybear is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:34 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Terms of Service / Privacy