Golftown Grip Sale - when and what?

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Golftown Grip Sale - when and what?

Originally posted by rgk5 View Post
    Super Stroke grips included. Shafts 20% off, in stock ONLY.

Arghh. On Monday at noon I ordered a Superstroke putter grip and it arrived Tues at 9:15 am (which I thought was pretty damn good).

I guess if that grip goes on sale tomorrow I'll call them and inquire.

Comment

Originally posted by pix40 View Post
      Nothing showing on sale when you click the link..

Well maybe 5 old Grips. I hope they have more than that.. But wouldn't surprise me if they dont

the sale starts tomorrow.

Comment

Ok wait until tqmorrow when everyone else goes. The stores are pretty quiet and everything is stickered already. I see it everyyear where people get the deal a day or two before.

Its all price matched so why not get some extra revenue early.
        Pxg Gen 4. Project X hzrdus

Srixon 3 Hybrid

Srixon 4 Hybrid

Mizuno Mp H4 4-PW

Mizuno S18 Gap Wedge 51

Mizuno S 22 56 wedge

Odyssey Ten Tour Lined Broomstick

Comment

When did it go up to $2.5 a grip install? I remember it was free, and then it was $1, then I went to website they have the sale screen up and it says $2.5 a grip.. On a side note what are peoples thoughts on the GP tour pride 2g grips? I'm coming from the NDMC ones from about 2 years ago. I like the feel of the 2g, but I keep hearing that they cant get wet or they become too slick. Golfing in Alberta we do get the odd bit of rain Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by mrwinky View Post
            When did it go up to $2.5 a grip install? I remember it was free, and then it was $1, then I went to website they have the sale screen up and it says $2.5 a grip.. On a side note what are peoples thoughts on the GP tour pride 2g grips? I'm coming from the NDMC ones from about 2 years ago. I like the feel of the 2g, but I keep hearing that they cant get wet or they become too slick. Golfing in Alberta we do get the odd bit of rain Thanks
            It's been $2.50 for well over a year....

Comment

I used 2gs for a while. Switch to pure p2s....not much difference. Any of these rubber wrap styles without cord or sometime of slip prevention will be slick in the rain. I've also played in rain where NDMCs wee slick. Ndmcs ruin my gloves. ..hate that.
              Titleist 915 D2
              Titleist 915 F
              Wishon 929 F
              Wishon 775 Hybrid
              PING i5 Irons
              PING Tour S Rustique 52*
              PING Anser 56*
              PING Glide ES 60*
              MannKrafted Rattler XL
              MannKrafted Midwave
              SGC 902 Custom

Comment

Originally posted by mcarrejola View Post
                I used 2gs for a while. Switch to pure p2s....not much difference. Any of these rubber wrap styles without cord or sometime of slip prevention will be slick in the rain. I've also played in rain where NDMCs wee slick. Ndmcs ruin my gloves. ..hate that.
                I went through 3 gloves last year, so that's why I was going to switch from the NDMCS myself

Comment

I went through 3 gloves last year, so that's why I was going to switch from the NDMCS myself
                  I went through eleven gloves last year. A good friend of mine only uses a Titleist Tour glove once.
                  In the Hamilton Golf + CC Embroidered Ping Hoofer

Club Champion Callaway AI Smoke 11*, Aldila Ascent 40 A Flex​​
                  Srixon F45 4-wood, 17*, KuroKage 606 S
                  TXG Custom T. Made SIM Max 21* 7-wood, Accra FX 140 2.0 M2
                  TXG Custom Cobra Tech 5-hybrid, KBS TGI 75 R

TXG Custom PXG 0211 6-Pw, 1* up, Recoil ESX 460 R
                  PXG 0211 GW, 50*, UST Recoil Dart R
                  TXG Custom Cleveland CBX 54*, Tour Issue DG Spinner 115

Ping Glide 4.0, 58* TS/6, Nippon 115 S
                  Tour Velvet Midsize Grips, Custom TXG Signature Putter Grip
                  TXG Custom King Cobra Nova, 25 gram weights, KBS CT Tour Shaft

Comment

Just picked up 16 GP Tour wraps, 1 Superstroke Tank 14" putter grip, you get a free grip kit with the purchase of 13 grips or more (its not the best kit) for $97 + tax, cant beat that deal
                    All done club hoeing....maybe

Comment

I just called GT and they credited me the difference for the price of the Superstroke Tank grip I bought Monday online.

Their web designers baffle me...

The discounted grip price isn't shown while browsing the grips --- you have to add a grip to your cart and then the discounted price shows.

Comment

I like new decade & my nike irons came with 2g. In the rain I cannot hold on at all way too slick. I find new decades great. Don't go 2g despite the low cost. Only good in average conditions. Too hot or rain your toast.
                        PING CAMO BAG...
                        WEAPONS...
                        SRIXON ZX5 10.5
                        3W TM M2
                        HYB 19 deg Callaway Epic
                        5-aw Callaway Epic Forged

SW TM Milled Grind 56
                        LW TM MILLED GRIND 60

PUTTER Rotation TM Spider Tour, Scotty np2 ,
                        3 ball Fang, RIFE TOUR

Comment

... I'm coming from the NDMC ones from about 2 years ago. I like the feel of the 2g, but I keep hearing that they cant get wet or they become too slick. Golfing in Alberta we do get the odd bit of rain Thanks
                          I used to play the NDMC, but found they get slick if not cleaned very regularly. Two years ago I switched to Lamkin UTX - they are very nice and easily survived 50 rounds a year without excess signs of wear. They're a tacky cord and seem to work well under all conditions - hot, cold, wet, dry, and anything in between. I'm going to try the UTX wrap this year - way cheaper than the NDMC as well.
                          In the bag:
                          R15 12° PXV 6.0
                          SLDR 15° ATX Blue S
                          Adams Pro 18° ATX, Idea Pro A12 20° NV S
                          Titleist AP2 4-PW Project X 6.0
                          Vokey SM5 54, 58
                          Scotty Cameron Newport 2

Comment

Originally posted by Cdntac View Post
                            I just called GT and they credited me the difference for the price of the Superstroke Tank grip I bought Monday online.

Their web designers baffle me...

The discounted grip price isn't shown while browsing the grips --- you have to add a grip to your cart and then the discounted price shows.
                            Not that I'm defending them, but I can see the potential reason. Maybe a person who isn't familiar with the price of grips may see the sale price and think they get another 40% off the already 40% discount and complains? In reality they would actually be getting a 64% discount. I know within the last 6-7 months I've had many more people than I can count come in armed with their cellphones or web print-outs asking for sale items below the actual sale price. I.e. I cannot even begin to tell you how many people come in and say they want the Taylormade (for example) iron set on sale for $200, when you explain it and tell them nothing like that exists they tell you where to find it online, and low and behold 9.9/10 times it is for a set of Taylormade irons that are $200 off from original price.

Plus, I know a lot of websites that show the regular price and then it gets adjusted once it is added to your cart. Dockers, Best Buy, Amazon, to name a few all work on this principle. Sure it is mildly annoying but the restrictions for this sale usually include OEM grips like Ping, Callaway, & Taylormade as not part of the sale, so anyone who has shopped the sale before should be able to navigate what is on sale and what isn't.

Comment

Can't say I've ever seen another site where the sale price shows correctly once the item is put in the cart. Granted I don't do a lot of online shopping but I'm certainly not a newbie online shopper.

It just doesn't make sense to not show both the regular price and the sale price on the item info page.

Comment

Originally posted by Cdntac View Post
                                Can't say I've ever seen another site where the sale price shows correctly once the item is put in the cart. Granted I don't do a lot of online shopping but I'm certainly not a newbie online shopper.

It just doesn't make sense to not show both the regular price and the sale price on the item info page.
                                It's definitely not common, I swear Amazon operates on this same idea for Black Friday/Cyber Monday deals. I could be mistaken though.

Comment

Collapse

Latest TGN Reviews

Collapse

PGA Leaderboard

Collapse

Today's Birthdays

Working...
                                X