Collapse

Toronto Raptors 2016-2017 Season

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Toronto Raptors 2016-2017 Season

I watched it and I would put it in the category of not enough evidence to overturn the on court call.
    MEMBER OF THE 2012 AND 2015 RYDER CUP CHAMPS!

Comment

Originally posted by Jeffc View Post
      I watched it and I would put it in the category of not enough evidence to overturn the on court call.
      So should have went to overtime?
      If you think it's hard to meet new people, try picking up the wrong golf ball.

Comment

Bush league call!

Comment

Originally posted by Chambokl View Post
          So should have went to overtime?
          i'd say it should have. It was counted as a basket on the floor and I didn't see enough evidence to overturn that call.
          MEMBER OF THE 2012 AND 2015 RYDER CUP CHAMPS!

Comment

Originally posted by Chambokl View Post
            Peter . . . I don't think you saw the replay. Something I never saw or heard before. They tied the game . . . then went backward and decided they started the clock late. Well at some point in the 3rd quarter they started the clock too quick . . . can they go back and check on that. This is ridiculous. There is a rule where if there is .3 seconds the player is aloud this, if their if .4 seconds that, etc... at no point do you go back and check what happen 3, 8, 20 seconds earlier.

They can, and do on a regular basis. You just don't notice it because you rarely see the tenths of a second on the clock.

Don't me mad at the refs - they got everything right. Be mad at the rules.
            Last edited by Coleslaw; Nov 22, 2016, 08:23 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Coleslaw View Post
              Don't me mad at the refs - they got everything right. Be mad at the rules.
              I think they completely lied . . . there was NO clock malfunctioning . . . it was just a way for them to get out of trouble because they missed the touch. They were just late to start the clock . . . How in the world would they know the clock didn't start immediately? It was not like it was 5 seconds late . . . it was like 1/2 second. The ref that started the clock doesn't look at the clock, way too much happening on the court. He was just late to start the clock and the excuse was MALFUNCTIONING . . .

Comment

Raps looking good the last few games.

New team record for points differential against Atlanta, as well as in consecutive games (Atlanta + LA). Great to see KL and DD getting lots of 4th quarter rest time because of it.

Siakam continues to look good. Poetl with a monster dunk .

DC looking like the guy we expected to see when we got him.

Bebe getting minutes and fewer fouls and more swats.

It's all good. Tonight will be a test with Cavs in town.
                "Confusion" will be my epitaph
                ...Iggy

Comment

Originally posted by Ignatius Reilly View Post
                  Raps looking good the last few games.

New team record for points differential against Atlanta, as well as in consecutive games (Atlanta + LA). Great to see KL and DD getting lots of 4th quarter rest time because of it.

Siakam continues to look good. Poetl with a monster dunk .

DC looking like the guy we expected to see when we got him.

Bebe getting minutes and fewer fouls and more swats.

It's all good. Tonight will be a test with Cavs in town.
                  Was waiting to see if anyone paying attention. Best regular season week probably ever for the Raptors and tonight comes an angry ornery Cavs team.

Let's hope the balls continue to drop for the Raptors.

Comment

Big game tonight. I don't put much stock into regular season games in December but a win would be big for a potential tie-breaker although they'd still have to beat them again in Cleveland. Should be a fun game to watch, hoping Lowry can keep up the shooting!

Comment

Originally posted by gotogolf View Post
                      Was waiting to see if anyone paying attention.
                      Don't worry . . . a few TGN member are ALWAYS following the Raptors!!!

Comment

Well, that was a disappointing loss.

Not the end of the world, Cavs are great. And it's not just LBJ, they have so much depth. Nice when you can go to Kyrie, Love, Thompson to move the ball and spread the defence. And then Frye always seems to shoot lights out against us.

Meanwhile, we've got a rookie starting because of the injury to Sully.

So, disappointing, but hardly unexpected. DD not stepping OB on his 3 near the end would have made it really interesting.
                        ...Iggy

Comment

Originally posted by Ignatius Reilly View Post
                          Well, that was a disappointing loss.

Not the end of the world, Cavs are great. And it's not just LBJ, they have so much depth. Nice when you can go to Kyrie, Love, Thompson to move the ball and spread the defence. And then Frye always seems to shoot lights out against us.

Meanwhile, we've got a rookie starting because of the injury to Sully.

So, disappointing, but hardly unexpected. DD not stepping OB on his 3 near the end would have made it really interesting.
                          Having a big 3 really helps versus our 2. And those three played big minutes and produced. The difference in the 4 spot was quite noticeable. No slight on Siakum. He's young. I'm hoping Sullinger's return may lesson the differential. Where was Jonas last night offensively?

It would be tough to mess with the Raps chemistry. But do we have what it takes to get past them? I mean that is the goal isn't it? I find their intensity is simply greater than ours.

Comment

Damn, forgot this game was on last night, watched Tin Cup ( again)
                            "Don't cry because it's over, Smile because it happened "

Comment

Originally posted by Weirfan View Post
                              Damn, forgot this game was on last night, watched Tin Cup ( again)
                              Don't worry you mostly missed Lebron crying the entire game as usual. So glad we don't see the cavs again until game 82 in April.

Comment

Originally posted by The Troll View Post
                                Like last year, they are a really deep team built for the regular season. I fear when the playoff comes and other teams only play 7 guys it will be tough.

IMO, Raps need to add an elite talent. Depth isn't going to beat Cleveland or GS. Crazy as this sounds, I would offer JV plus both first rounders next year as a starting point for Cousins. Ya, he is off the wall but Championships are the goal and elite players are where it is at. The only elite talent who is likely available is Cousins and he is possibly attainable due to his warts.
                                I've had this in the back of my mind for a month now!

So far, I think part of Raps' success has been due to Ujiri putting together a team that plays together. He values that locker room chemistry and it's working for us. I also think he's had some pretty good scouting - getting and then losing Biyombo really hurt, but Siakim is taking a lot of the sting out of that.

So the idea of bringing Cousins into that locker room has felt pretty risky.

And then this happened:

http://www.sacbee.com/opinion/opn-co...121429187.html

The guys is an out of control train wreck. He may have the size and the skills and the presence to take on LBJ - and LBJ is pretty much the only thing between us and an appearance in the finals - but at what cost?

No JV, a messed up locker room and no future?

Also, there are lots of guys you hate that you'd cheer for if they were on your team. Not sure Cousins is one of them...

But Rudy Gay knows how to deal with him!

Last edited by Ignatius Reilly; Dec 18, 2016, 02:55 PM.
                                ...Iggy

Comment

Collapse

Latest TGN Reviews

Collapse

PGA Leaderboard

Collapse

Today's Birthdays

Working...
                                X