X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: YOUR 2017 TORONTO BLUE JAYS

Originally posted by Pimento Cheese View Post
    I hadn't really noticed -- and in fact, I didn't even know what happened after the Jays let Colabello go. (Or if I noticed, I forgot.) But I've noticed that sort of thing in the past, such as when JP Ricciardi came to Toronto and there were a flurry of Jays-A's deals, or when AA hired everyone available who ever had anything to do with the Expos. But that's with people from other organizations bringing folks to their new organization.

It might just be that with Shapiro and Atkins here, there has been a lot of dialogue between them and their former colleagues in Cleveland, and that there's been a natural and unusual amount of talk about players in each team's system. So, Cleveland might just have become familiar with a lot of players in the Jays' system, and when looking to fill a depth hole (Kratz) or take a low-risk flyer on someone who might have upside (Colabbello) those names were fresh in their minds.
    Cleveland also signed Steve Delabar during the off season and from what I can tell he is with their minor league affiliate.

Comment

Originally posted by Gridiron View Post
      Nice little article on Eric Thames and his return to MLB. Also a couple of interesting tidbits on life in baseball in S. Korea.
      https://www.si.com/mlb/2017/04/05/er...orean-baseball
      Left North America as an outfielder in his mid/late 20's weighing about 201lbs.
      Returns as a slugging 1b weighing considerably more and with dramatically increased muscle size

Comment

Originally posted by Arthur Dailey View Post
        Left North America as an outfielder in his mid/late 20's weighing about 201lbs.
        Returns as a slugging 1b weighing considerably more and with dramatically increased muscle size
        When Thames was a Jay he was already huge. He would often say he couldn't work out like others did as his biceps would just grow too fast. He is currently listed as 210 lbs. This isn't a "Barry Bonds thin as a rail then suddenly a muscled beast" scenario.

This article expands on that:
        Read the latest breaking news in Canada and the rest of the world. We bring all of today's top headlines and stories to your fingertips.

“At my biggest I was about 225 pounds, and about 3% body fat, and right now I’m about 205, with about 5-6% body fat,” Thames explained. “I guess people are kind of freaking out because last year all I did was, like, full yoga — that was it.”

Comment

Originally posted by Gridiron View Post
          When Thames was a Jay he was already huge. He would often say he couldn't work out like others did as his biceps would just grow too fast. He is currently listed as 210 lbs. This isn't a "Barry Bonds thin as a rail then suddenly a muscled beast" scenario.

This article expands on that:
          Read the latest breaking news in Canada and the rest of the world. We bring all of today's top headlines and stories to your fingertips.

“At my biggest I was about 225 pounds, and about 3% body fat, and right now I’m about 205, with about 5-6% body fat,” Thames explained. “I guess people are kind of freaking out because last year all I did was, like, full yoga — that was it.”
          Thanks but that article is 5 years old. It does however provide evidence that he was into training previously and therefore as you stated a different scenario than Bonds. However, check out current pictures of Thames and of him in Korea. Certainly not 210lbs in his Korean pictures.

And the 'my biceps grow too fast" and "all I did was yoga". Yeah, have heard plenty of that in gyms and from other pro athletes over the years.
          Thames in Korea:

Thames as a Jay:
          Last edited by Arthur Dailey; Apr 6, 2017, 01:59 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by davepratt View Post
            Yup and I know it's only 2 games bit I HATE starting the season this way.
            Me too, we're a playoff team dammit, we should open at Home....and we have a dome, so there's a weather guarantee!!!
            Every great idea starts out as a blasphemy

Comment

Has that bomb from Morales landed yet?

Comment

It's early in the season, I know, but the Jays are repeating their tendency to lose close games. I hope that doesn't become a habit in 2017. Their pitching is too good to suffer that fate again. Osuna's return should help together with a return to form for their hitters.
                This isn't a dress rehearsal. Enjoy yourself. There's no do-over.

Comment

Originally posted by mpare View Post
                  It's early in the season, I know, but the Jays are repeating their tendency to lose close games. I hope that doesn't become a habit in 2017. Their pitching is too good to suffer that fate again. Osuna's return should help together with a return to form for their hitters.
                  If they get considerably more 4 quality starts in 5 games I doubt we will see very many 1 - 4 records in those 5 game stretches. I would expect a lot more 4 - 1 or at worst 3 - 2 records.

Comment

Feel sorry for season ticket holders...it's going to be a very frustrating season

Comment

Originally posted by northernpro View Post
                      Feel sorry for season ticket holders...it's going to be a very frustrating season

Lol... so it begins.... :-p

Frustrating so far, but maybe a few more games before we blow it all up.
                      MEMBER OF THE 07-09 and 11-16 RYDER CUP

Dans mon sac...
                      M2 9.5 w/ Attas 3 8X
                      Aeroburner TP 15*w/GD BB
                      Aeroburner TP 21HL w/Black Tie 8
                      Adams "Murdered" MB2's w/KBS tour black 5-GW
                      MD3 Satin 56-60
                      Odyssey #7CH "Lucky 777"

Member Club de Golf Cap-Rouge

Comment

I feel sorry for you.

Comment

The boys are saving themselves.

Originally posted by luv2golow View Post
                          . ..

Frustrating so far, but maybe a few more games before we blow it all up.
                          This isn't a dress rehearsal. Enjoy yourself. There's no do-over.

Comment

Originally posted by P25 View Post
                            I feel sorry for you.
                            lol at least you have the Leafs

Comment

lol at least you have the Leafs
                              You lead a sad, lonely life.

Comment

bring on the Home Cookin', let's get this ship righted!!
                                Every great idea starts out as a blasphemy

Comment

Collapse

Latest TGN Reviews

Collapse

PGA Leaderboard

Collapse

Today's Birthdays

Working...
                                X