Collapse

Driver heel strikes

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Driver heel strikes

Like the title says I'm consistently hitting the inner heel portion of the face in my driver. I'm getting robbed at impact but its oh so sweet connecting with the odd centre flush. I'm outside in but looking for other comments on getting middle or even exagerated toe strikes with driver. I'm usually on the higher half of the face as well.

Re: Driver heel strikes

Got vids of your swing?

Comment

Heel strikes can be caused by early extension

Comment

Originally posted by ctv1 View Post
        This 100% guaranteed !! watch videos on Early Extension and you'll understand.. I bet you tried to move the ball further away on the range thinking that would work.. only makes things worse!

how I know this because I suffered from the same problem till just recently
        In the bag:
        -TaylorMade R15 driver/ aldila nv 2kxv 65g x-stiff
        -Cleveland Classic 3 Wood strong 14*
        -TaylorMade Burner 2.0 5-PW irons
        -Nike Vr 58, 54, 52 deg. wedge
        -Custom milled putter from 303SS

Comment

Are you using a new driver? I had this once before and my clubfitter added some weight to the driver head and it solved everything

Comment

Early extension is a contributor. Worked this out last night and got better feeling on the face. The whole keep the chest down to the ground got away from coming out of the shot....not that there are other hindrances.

Comment

Lots of possible reasons for this. Ball position being too far back or an extreme into out path could be contributors as well. Easiest quick fix without seeing is just to throw an obstacle near the toe.. a tissue box or something similar..

But its best to know exactly why
              www.ryancorbingolf.com
              insta: @ryancorbingolf
              twitter: @ryancorbingolf
              youtube: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dH_UpKVADIo

Comment

Curious. Do you shank it more often than you should with the irons? Without seeing your swing, it's just conjecture. That said it could be an inside takeaway, which you'll find it hard to consistently recover from.

Good luck.
                The sole purpose of the golf swing is to create a correct impact. How that is done is of no consequence, so long as the method employed allows you to repeat it - John Jacobs

Comment

Originally posted by ctv1 View Post
                  With an iron, yes, but what causes toe and heel hits for an iron is not always the same as the driver. one of them is teed up and it changes everything.

Comment

You could be coming from the inside. Try to go to a sim and see your path angle. Because the driver is longer the inside path angle gets exaggerated.

Comment

One thing you could try which will decide what further action is required; is to set your Driver in its normal distance BEHIND the ball, but to the inside the exact distance that is indicated by impact tape on the face of your Driver.
                      So if that impact tape distance is say 1", set the Driver down 1" closer to you, it will look odd and may play with your head, but try it. If you then hit the ball cleanly in the middle of the face you will know that you are doing most other things correctly before getting overly complicated.
                      Resolve to be tender with the young, compassionate with the aged, sympathetic with the striving, and tolerant with the weak and wrong, because sometime in your life, you will have been all of these. Dr. Robert H. Goddard

Comment

Originally posted by 4underthru9 View Post
                        One thing you could try which will decide what further action is required; is to set your Driver in its normal distance BEHIND the ball, but to the inside the exact distance that is indicated by impact tape on the face of your Driver.
                        So if that impact tape distance is say 1", set the Driver down 1" closer to you, it will look odd and may play with your head, but try it. If you then hit the ball cleanly in the middle of the face you will know that you are doing most other things correctly before getting overly complicated.
                        ^^^ FINALLY a sensible and simple tip !!!

Comment

Thanks all. Lots to consider. Won't get avid up until I start lessons then I might not need to post here.

Comment

Collapse

Latest TGN Reviews

Collapse

PGA Leaderboard

Collapse

Today's Birthdays

Working...
                          X