Collapse

Speeder 757 ??

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Speeder 757 ??

Any nuts playing this shaft ?? Driver or fwy? Thinking of putting one in my 3 wood . Looking for opinions on the shaft and what other shafts it's comparable with.

Re: Speeder 757 ??

hi.... what a great shaft! I played it for a long time in my R7 quad 425 TP. only decided to switch it up and try something different for fun (too many clubs like most nuts here).

I also have a Taylormade 3 wood with the same shaft that I picked up 4 or 5 years ago but haven't even tried it yet.

I'd happily go back and use this club and shaft again. I love the combo with the TP driver. Results may vary with different combos but I know for many this combo is at the top of many people's list. Not knowledgeable across all shafts to know what it compares to so I can't help there.

Comment

Originally posted by djchapman View Post
      Any nuts playing this shaft ?? Driver or fwy? Thinking of putting one in my 3 wood . Looking for opinions on the shaft and what other shafts it's comparable with.
      It is a great shaft . . . so many options.
      If you think it's hard to meet new people, try picking up the wrong golf ball.

Comment

Which version of the 757 are you referring to? The original 757 released in 1997, or the newer 2013 Motore version (white/red colour way)? I haven't played the original version, but it has lengendary status. . The newer versions are smooth and stable. Perfect for fairway woods.

If you like that weight look into Fujikura VC 7.1 and 7.2 (non Tour Spec) or the 7.3 Tour Spec. Or pick up a Fuji 661 on eBay if you prefer a lighter weight.

Cheers
        The sole purpose of the golf swing is to create a correct impact. How that is done is of no consequence, so long as the method employed allows you to repeat it - John Jacobs

Comment

Originally posted by Divot Tool View Post
          Which version of the 757 are you referring to? The original 757 released in 1997, or the newer 2013 Motore version (white/red colour way)? I haven't played the original version, but it has lengendary status. . The newer versions are smooth and stable. Perfect for fairway woods.

If you like that weight look into Fujikura VC 7.1 and 7.2 (non Tour Spec) or the 7.3 Tour Spec. Or pick up a Fuji 661 on eBay if you prefer a lighter weight.

Cheers
          The Fujikura VC series are different shafts than the 757, although they have a model (7.3 Tour Spec) that plays very similar to it. I think the OP was talking about the Speeder Evolution II/III 757 that can be had in the Mizuno or Titleist products as non-upcharge upgrades. The 757 is, to my knowledge, the lowest launching and stiffest tip section shaft Fujikura offers. The VC series is close, but it has I believe higher torque and a softer butt section to make it feel better. Conversely, I think the 757 was med-firm butt, with a mid body and extra firm tip for aggressive players and low spin and launch.

Comment

this is the one that I was referring to:

I haven't tried the newer version.

Comment

Re: Speeder 757 ?

Thanks guys... picking up a x stiff from another member. I still have decent swing speed with smooth to violent tempo ,depending on the how the round is going . Should be a good fit !

Comment

Thanks guys... picking up a x stiff from another member. I still have decent swing speed with smooth to violent tempo ,depending on the how the round is going . Should be a good fit !
                Which one are you getting? Seem to be a few different versions.

Comment

Personally I feel this shaft is for a person with a smooth swing. I've tried it in the driver and felt it was pretty loose unless I was making a perfectly timed smooth swing.
                  Taylormade Stealth Plus 9o Fujikura Ventus Blue 6x
                  Titleist TSR3 15o Fujikura Rombax P95x
                  Titleist TSi3 Hybrid 18 Fujikura Ventus Blue 10x
                  Titleist T200 4 Iron Hzrdus Smoke Black RDX 90x
                  Titleist T100 5-PW DG AMT White X100
                  Vokey SM8 50, 54 & 58
                  Scotty Cameron Select Newport 2

Comment

I had the original 757 speeder in a Bridgestone 8.5* J33P that I picked up second hand at Play it Again.
                    Nothing but muted low flying laser straight bullets that rolled a long way.
                    I should have been happy with it, but I wanted more hang time. When I pulled it I burned the tip, and found it had been tipped 5/8 before, hence the bullet drives. I then set it into a Titleist 980f 3 wood I got on BST, but with too much of the tip gone, the shaft was dead.
                    How I learned to leave things that work alone.
                    things change

Maga Lies Matter

Comment

Collapse

Latest TGN Reviews

Collapse

PGA Leaderboard

Collapse

Today's Birthdays

Working...
                    X