X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hole in One Club

Stand up and be recognized!

I'm not part of the club (yet)..

Would be great to hear about yours... maybe for some inspiration for the rest of us... Even some good stories about the close calls...

My closest call was par3 180 yards at Glenway in my work tournament 3 years ago.. Prize for the ace would have been $10,000... Scramble tourney and I was playing behind some buddies so they were waiting by the green watching our shots.. My playing partners all miss the green so I hit clean up.. Smooth a 5 iron, baby draw flag hunting.. We see it land on the green right in line with the flag.. My buddies standing by the green start jumping up and down yelling.. Apparently I landed 3ft in front of the pin, bounced and hit the flag and ended up 3 ft behind the hole.. ARGHHHHH They said it was less than a foot to bouncing in..

I've had others that ended up less than a foot to the cup but that $10,000 one stays with me....

PING G425 MAX 9*
    PING G410 3W , 3H
    KYOEI KK CB 4-PW
    KYOEI KK PROTO WEDGES 52, 56
    MIURA 1957 KGRIND 60
    KYOEI BLADE PUTTER BLACK DLC
    ​​​​​

Re: Hole in One Club

i have 4 but the craziest thing i have ever seen was in the last tourny i played ....buddy hit his shot we all say it looks good... get up there and see it sitting on the lip of the hole ......it was half way over the lip felt kinda bad for him
    Canadian ping hoofer/ Titleist 09 Staff bag
    Driver- Nike VR PRO Ltd 9.5
    Woods-Titleist 910 13.5
    Hybrid- Titleist 909h 19*
    Irons-
    Titleist zm blades Kbs tour
    Wedges-Scratch 50,56
    Putters-pro platinum del mar 3
    RCGA handicap- +3.0

http://photobucket.com/cobbie_90

Comment

Although I've had several near misses since coming to Canada (one was a 3 incher that would have won a car), but I did manage one on Aug 21. Playing alone on the Challenge course at Rolling Hills, I hit a very smooth 2-hybrid on the par 4 16th (measured 239 yards that day from the tee block to the flag). As soon as I saw it headed directly for the green, I turned and got into the cart thinking about the short chip coming up. Halfway to the green, I noticed a couple on the 12th tee (directly behind my green) jumping and yelling. I thought "oh no, I've hit into them". Now in the apology mode, I drove up to the green and the guy was yelling "look in the cup!" His wife was actually weeping!! Sure enough, there was my HX Hot Plus sitting at the bottom. Got a big handshake from him and a hug from his wife. I didn't see it go in, but it sure felt special!!
      U. S. Air Force, Retired

Comment

Did you get her number?

Nice 1.
        Congratulations.
        Swing slow, walk fast

Comment

Originally posted by goshawk View Post
          Got a big handshake from him and a hug from his wife. I didn't see it go in, but it sure felt special!!

Ahh yes, one of those special hugs.
          My game is rubbish with shades of brilliance.

Comment

I have 5 aces. Each is locked into my memory. The first happened when I was 16 on a 180 yard par 3. My brother and I were playing the second hole of a blind par 3. Yes, I couldn't see the pin placement. I hit a 5 iron over a bit of a rise to the green. When we approached the green I couldn't find my ball. My brother looked into the cup, and there was my beat up Titleist Balata ball. I then waited more than 30 years for my next ace.

While playing in a club tournament and after predicting that I could hit a knockdown 4 iron into the cup (the hole was playing about 163 into a very stiff wind), I aced the 3rd hole (about 160 yards) on the original Manderley-on-the-Green couse outside of Ottawa. The ball never went higher than 20 feet. The next day, my ball found a way to just roll behind the cup, but not in, after my tee shot on the 225 yard 6th hole.

The funniest happened when I was playing in a scramble tournament with two fellow lawyers who had never played before. On the 8th hole at Manderley (it was playing about 177 that day), I hit a 5 iron to the green. As soon as I struck it, I told the two women that it should be close. After hitting the green about 8 feet from the cup, it nicely went into the cup. One of my playing partners looked at me and said: "That's a good thing, isn't it." Before plucking it out of the cup, the other lady took a picture of my Titleist as it lay in the cup. That picture constitutes my avatar on OttawaGolf.Com.
            This isn't a dress rehearsal. Enjoy yourself. There's no do-over.

Comment

Originally posted by golf nut View Post
              Ahh yes, one of those special hugs.
              That would be two hole-in-ones

Comment

I've only had one but it was on a par 4. I was a dog leg around a lake and I decided to go over the lake about a 270 carry. I hit a great shot and when it hit the green the guys in my foursome started yelling that it was rolling close to the pin and then it fell in. It is the only one I have had but it was a good one.
                RandyBilly

Comment

1st One happened this year at Greystone.

Hole #11, 160 yds, 6 iron, bounce, bounce, in.

Comment

I've had a few kick-ins on par 3s but never made a hole in on, however I was with my friend Ron when he made one last year. 14th hole at tam, he kinda hit his tee-shot fat. The ball lands on the front-left collar and rolls all the way to the back left and in. It was unreal
                    Driver:Titleist 910 D2 w/ Diamana Ahina stiff
                    4-wood: Titleist 910F 17° w/ Diamana Ka'ali stiff
                    Hybrids: Titleist 910h 19 degree
                    Taylormade Burner 19/22 degree
                    Irons: Titliest AP2 w/ KBS Tour 90
                    Wedges: Titleist Vokey 60sm4, 56sm4, 52sm4
                    Putter: Ping Anser 2

Comment

12th at Shawneeki when I was a junior. I hit it thin, it rolled down the elevation and right into the cup at the front of the green. I didn't think much of it at the time but it's been at least 8 years since.

Comment

many hole-in-one at the range but only 1 on the course

Comment

July 31, 2007, Piper's Heath, Hole 13 174 yards. Hole was at the back of the green, out of sight from the blue tees. I hit my 7-wood into the wind, hit the green and it rolled about 15 feet, down a swale and into the cup. Didn't see it go in but I knew it was close. Celebration and high fives when I checked the cup! Everyone in my group got a free lunch and beers. Still have the signed scorecard and the Pro V ball. Couldn't get the smile off my face for over a week. Waited 30 years for it to happen.

Comment

MPare & Cobbie, you guys should buy a lottery ticket.. No wonder the rest of us don't have an Ace, you guys hogged them all lol

Great stories here, let's hear some more..

PING G425 MAX 9*
                            PING G410 3W , 3H
                            KYOEI KK CB 4-PW
                            KYOEI KK PROTO WEDGES 52, 56
                            MIURA 1957 KGRIND 60
                            KYOEI BLADE PUTTER BLACK DLC
                            ​​​​​

Comment

I have 4. The best is the one at Copetown. Don't remember the hole. Nice , smooth PW and my friends were there to see it. Bought them dinner and drinks.

The others were at Hockley, Glen Cedars and Guelph Lakes.

All luck, not much skill!
                              In the C130
                              Cobra 3100 I/H
                              Cobra 3100 Wedges
                              Tour Edge Exotics 12* Driver
                              Odyssey DF 220 Putter

You swing your best when you have the fewest things to think about. - Bobby Jones

Comment

Collapse

Latest TGN Reviews

Collapse

PGA Leaderboard

Collapse

Today's Birthdays

Working...
                              X