X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: launch golf centre

Originally posted by Ignatius Reilly View Post
    WTF are you up to?

Another 8 year old thread, and a meaningless post added to it?

Is this supposed to be funny, or did you get laid off and now have a lot of extra tim on your hands?
    This nasty spring is making us do things we do not normally do!
    What other people may find in poetry or art museums, I find in the flight of a good drive.
    - Arnold Palmer

Comment

Originally posted by vijay View Post
      This nasty spring is making us do things we do not normally do!
      That doesn't explain what Onin3 is doing.

Comment

Originally posted by P25 View Post
        True! I'm guessing he is just bored.
        What other people may find in poetry or art museums, I find in the flight of a good drive.
        - Arnold Palmer

Comment

Originally posted by Ignatius Reilly View Post
          WTF are you up to?

Clublink courses are not open yet, once they are you can find Onin3 in the Clublink thread.

Comment

Thru out the long and boring winter, we have a group of 8 that drive down to the Launch from Barrie once or twice a week.
            Over the last 4 -5 years we have seen mg't changeover, bad service, good service, frozen golf balls, no golf balls.
            Pass on the food - there are lots of places to eat up the road.
            Grab the online deals and it is good value - pay the regular weekend rate and it is a ripoff!
            A small escape from winter- wonder what it looks like in July??

Comment

Bet it is empty in July. Surprised that it is even open.

Originally posted by drawbias View Post
              Thru out the long and boring winter, we have a group of 8 that drive down to the Launch from Barrie once or twice a week.
              Over the last 4 -5 years we have seen mg't changeover, bad service, good service, frozen golf balls, no golf balls.
              Pass on the food - there are lots of places to eat up the road.
              Grab the online deals and it is good value - pay the regular weekend rate and it is a ripoff!
              A small escape from winter- wonder what it looks like in July??

Comment

Originally posted by Onin3 View Post
                Bet it is empty in July. Surprised that it is even open.
                Actualy it won't be empty in July. Still serves as a viable driving range for some, especially if it's raining and for those who work close by.
                Resolve to be tender with the young, compassionate with the aged, sympathetic with the striving, and tolerant with the weak and wrong, because sometime in your life, you will have been all of these. Dr. Robert H. Goddard

Comment

Originally posted by P25 View Post
                  Same with LG30.

Comment

Originally posted by 4underthru9 View Post
                    Actualy it won't be empty in July. Still serves as a viable driving range for some, especially if it's raining and for those who work close by.
                    Good option for night time practice. I like it as I can put my kid down for bed and still go hit balls at 10 pm after

Comment

I know this is an old thread but has anyone been to Launch this winter 2013 / 2014. Wondering about conditions of the matts and balls are. And if the balls are the "limited distance" balls ?

Thanks
                      What's in the Bag

DRIVER - M1
                      FAIRWAY - M2 3HL
                      HYBRIDS - R15
                      IRONS -PSI
                      WEDGES - EF
                      PUTTER - BETTINARDI KUCHAR 1

Comment

Originally posted by kevinh View Post
                        I know this is an old thread but has anyone been to Launch this winter 2013 / 2014. Wondering about conditions of the matts and balls are. And if the balls are the "limited distance" balls ?

Thanks
                        Haven't been there this year, but I never found the balls that limited flight. You are elevated off the deck, but I've carried the netting with driver @ 250 yards out and whatever high.

Comment

I was there Christmas day since it was pretty much one of the only things to do and my family was mostly away overseas.

Some of the balls were like rocks and frozen. Its best to leave a bucket on the table under the heater to thaw if thats the case. I didnt hit my main driver but it was surprisingly fun despiste the temperatures and, being the only thing open, a good way to pass time.

Wasnt really warm, even with heaters although it wasnt so cold that I got frost bite without gloves.

In terms of ball flight, it was a mini blizzard so I lost site of a lot of balls but I go there often and with some of the newer balls you can really hit them well and in good conditions can see them as far as you would normally see your ball. Launch is also one of the better value ranges especially when buying time.

I would recommend launch on days where it is not ridiculous weather outside. IMO definitely beats a dome since you can actually see your whole ball flight. You can also split mats with friends and all still get good practice time in plus they have their Liqour license so you can also chill with beers.
                          Driver: Fubuki Z 60 x5ct S-Flex 10 Degree Taylormade SLDR.
                          Woods: Fubuki Z 65 x5ct S-Flex 16.5 Degree Taylormade SLDR 3 Wood.
                          Hybrids: Fujikura Speeder 82H S-Flex 19 Degree Taylormade SLDR 3 Hybrid.
                          Irons: True Temper DG S300 Titleist AP2 712 4-9 Irons.
                          Wedges: True Temper DG S300 Titleist AP2 712 PW, Titleist Vokey SM5 50 Degree F Grind GW, 56 Degree F Grind SW and 60 Degree M Grind LW.
                          Putter: Odyssey Versa 2 Ball. Super Stroke "The Claw" Grip.

Member of Station Creek Golf Club

Comment

Was there last night..
                            Matts are hit or miss, never good but can find a few decent ones, but some are terrible. Balls are frozen rocks that dont reall go anywhere but it's so hard to see where the ball lands so it doesnt really make that much of a difference. You can see the ball's starting line and the curve which is good enough to work on the swing during these months.
                            Just make sure to wear some under urmour winter gear it does get chilly in there.

Originally posted by kevinh View Post

Thanks

Comment

I don't want to hit frozen rocks for sure. Probably not realistic flight and could damage equipment.

I was looking to dial in a new adjustable driver but don't think this is the answer.
                              What's in the Bag

DRIVER - M1
                              FAIRWAY - M2 3HL
                              HYBRIDS - R15
                              IRONS -PSI
                              WEDGES - EF
                              PUTTER - BETTINARDI KUCHAR 1

Comment

A year or so ago they bought a whack of new balls (badly needed). If you want warmth go to a sim, if you can bare the cold and a few crappy balls than the launch is for you!
                                What's in my bag?

Driver: Titleist 910- ProforceV2
                                Irons: Titleist CB
                                Wedges: Vokey Spin Milled - 50, 54, 58
                                Putter: Scotty

~ 90% of putts left short of the hole won't go in ~

Comment

Collapse

Latest TGN Reviews

Collapse

PGA Leaderboard

Collapse

Today's Birthdays

Working...
                                X