Collapse

Conditional offer in place on Orillia Golf and Country Club

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Conditional offer in place on Orillia Golf and Country Club

A local golf course could soon have a new owner.

A prospective buyer currently has a conditional offer in play to purchase the Orillia Golf and Country Club, but the agent involved in the potential deal wouldn’t say what the conditions are or reveal the potential buyer’s identity.

“It has not been sold,” said Jason Child, vice-president of CBRE Ltd., a Toronto-based real-estate firm.

“It has been conditionally sold, but not quote-unquote sold. In terms of the details, I can’t tell (you) what are the terms.”

Child’s company is charged with selling various pieces of land that are part of former golf professional Frank Whibley’s estate. Whibley, who died in 2011 at the age of 77, owned the Horseshoe Valley Road course as well as several adjacent lots, along with land in Caledon.

The asking price for the golf course and its more than 140 acres of land is listed on the CBRE website as $1.5 million, a figure Child said is the “public asking price.”

A previous deal to purchase the golf course fell through over the summer, according to Child.

“It’s a great property,” Child said, “and I think it will continue to be a great property for many years to come. There has been a lot of interest.”

Greg Hickey, who took over operating the Line 11 North Oro-Medonte business last year, is now working with the trust overseeing the sale of Whibley’s assets.

“Nothing is firm,” Hickey said of the potential deal. “I know the one in the summer fell through at the very end.”

Hickey said about 10 to 12 groups have come through the course to take a closer look since it was first listed for sale.

“We’re probably not going to know anything until the new year,” Hickey said, noting it doesn’t make sense to buy a golf course in the dead of winter since one cannot start making money on it until April.

Hickey also declined to comment further on the potential sale.

“At this point, it’s speculation,” he said. “I don’t want to get into this and jinx it.”

andrewphilips@live.ca*

Re: Conditional offer in place on Orillia Golf and Country Club

It was sold conditionally in June on due diligence which very often means they may want some rezoning. It expired in September so I guess it's an exclusive listing. On another note: Beechwood just dropped their asking price from $2.9M to $1.9M!

Comment

Would be great to see even more improvement from this place, really like the track but when I played it in 2014 it was a sight for sore eyes. Looks like they had a new owner in 2015 and things have very much improved.
      "You miss 100% of the shots you don't take - Wayne Gretzky" - Michael Scott

Comment

No one EVER talks about that course (until now)
        Every great idea starts out as a blasphemy

Comment

Originally posted by Big Shooter View Post
          No one EVER talks about that course (until now)
          To be fair, most would place it behind Couchiching (Stanley Thompson 9) and Hawk Ridge.

Add in the fact many may prefer to play Horseshoe Valley or Highlands to the west of Orillia and it may not see much love unless it is in good shape - which it sounds like it has improved in the last 2 years.

Comment

Collapse

Latest TGN Reviews

Collapse

PGA Leaderboard

Collapse

Today's Birthdays

Working...
          X