2016 best value course

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: 2016 best value course

Originally posted by neova View Post
    Member Twilight tee times good anyday of the week. Times will vary by week and every 2 weeks they will email you the twilight times for next 2 weeks, including some "morning drive" times which allows you to tee off very early at twilight prices on selective dates.
    While not the biggest fan of the courses, this AG deal does sound awesome .
    Not the best time of day for me to play regularly, but it's close by and so might have to give this some serious consideration.

Can you walk or is cart mandatory ?
    "Don't cry because it's over, Smile because it happened "

Comment

Originally posted by Weirfan View Post
      While not the biggest fan of the courses, this AG deal does sound awesome .
      Not the best time of day for me to play regularly, but it's close by and so might have to give this some serious consideration.

Can you walk or is cart mandatory ?
      if you can play early morning (7am -9am) from time to time they will email your " Morning Drive" tee times. if middle of the day works best you will still get 20% off regular green fees.

i have not tried walking but seeing that South course is now cart path only then you wont be slowibg anyone down walking.

im sure they will let you walk if ask.
      Last edited by neova; Nov 22, 2016, 05:23 PM.

Bettinardi BEBG-1501 Staff Bag (Riding 14 Clubs)
      TRPX S-013 1W 9.5 | RomaRo Ray Type-R 5W+ 17 & UT 19 | United SBB1 Tour 3-PW & SBW2 53/57 | Bettinardi Queen Bee #6

Honma CB-3202 Stand Bag (Walking 12 Clubs)
      Baldo 8C Craft Brassy 2W 13 | George Spirit GTFW 5W 18 | Honma TW-U 21 & TW717M 4-PW | Romaro Alcobaca Stream Tour 58 | Bettinardi BB35

Comment

if you can play early morning (7am -9am) from time to time they will email your " Morning Drive" tee times. if middle of the day works best you will still get 20% off regular green fees.

i have not tried walking but seeing that South course is now cart path only then you wont be slowibg anyone down walking.

What is the cost of cart fees or does the twilight price include the cart fee?

Comment

I could definitely play early morning a couple times a week and probably twilite once.

Comment

Originally posted by sungandjudy View Post
            What is the cost of cart fees or does the twilight price include the cart fee?
            Posted earlier, it's included

Comment

Let me ask my original question in a different way. Where did you play this past season where you walked off the course and thought to yourself that you just received great value for your money? I don't mean what you paid versus their normal rate which is often very inflated. I just mean you played a round of golf and the facility left you satisfied that you received value for your money.

Comment

Originally posted by quickgreens View Post
                Let me ask my original question in a different way. Where did you play this past season where you walked off the course and thought to yourself that you just received great value for your money? I don't mean what you paid versus their normal rate which is often very inflated. I just mean you played a round of golf and the facility left you satisfied that you received value for your money.
                Piper's Heath. Amazing conditions during the dry hot spell. Amazing service-EVERY staff member, from grounds keepers, marshalls, cooks, servers, pro shop staff, head of operations and some random guy who popped by as I unloaded my clubs from my car to give me a lift to the pro shop. Heck even the cart was the best cart I had been in!
                I send pictures ~ through the mail ~ of buried treasures ~ and Humpback whales ~to famous people ~ I do not know ~ I sign "Sincerely, ~ Matthias Doe" ~ I await ~ their response...

Comment

Glen Cedars
                  Shelter Valley Pines
                  Otter Creek
                  Forest City National
                  and Moose Ridge
                  Every great idea starts out as a blasphemy

Comment

I second Glen Cedars, played many rounds there. One positive memory was when one of the greens keepers gave me a few balls on his way by. Also Osprey and Bigwin Island are always reliable.
                    Last edited by BogeyBogeyEagle; Nov 22, 2016, 09:43 PM.

Comment

Timberridge
                      Baxter Creek

Comment

Watson's Glen
                        Willow valley

Both come in at about $60. Conditions are generally very good and the courses each provide variety and fun.

I'll also echo Glen Cedars, thought there are some holes that I'd rather skip. Really, I'd just skip 12 - the trees have taken it from a simple par 4 to a super tight one. Playing 7,8,9 then 13-18, you really can't help but enjoy the setting.

I found amazing value this year at Lora Bay via UnderPar. It was top notch across the board.

Originally posted by Jayhawker View Post
                        Piper's Heath. Amazing conditions during the dry hot spell. Amazing service-EVERY staff member, from grounds keepers, marshalls, cooks, servers, pro shop staff, head of operations and some random guy who popped by as I unloaded my clubs from my car to give me a lift to the pro shop. Heck even the cart was the best cart I had been in!
                        I agree great service from everyone there, though I've always found it over watered all the time. The only major complaint is pace of play. They don't handle it well and has always resulted in agonizingly long rounds for me. It's hard to say a 5 hour round at Pipers is a feel good value unless measured by $/hour.
                        In the bag:
                        R15 12° PXV 6.0
                        SLDR 15° ATX Blue S
                        Adams Pro 18° ATX, Idea Pro A12 20° NV S
                        Titleist AP2 4-PW Project X 6.0
                        Vokey SM5 54, 58
                        Scotty Cameron Newport 2

Comment

Originally posted by WDM1980 View Post
                          I agree great service from everyone there, though I've always found it over watered all the time. The only major complaint is pace of play. They don't handle it well and has always resulted in agonizingly long rounds for me. It's hard to say a 5 hour round at Pipers is a feel good value unless measured by $/hour.
                          Understandable. On the watering front perhaps it was s good thing I played during the dry time. I felt overwatering was extremely true at Baxter Creek. BC looked like it had gotten inches of rain the night before we played, also in the dry season. Back to Pipers. I played right before a tournement in a block of times that had been set aside but opened up last minute. Only one other group on the course and the grounds lady who was pluckin poa told me she talked ti the group ahead about letting me through. Heads up play on her part. Obviously she did it with tact and respect because that group was totally fine and waited for me to catch up to get ahead. I do understand POP is an issue at Piper's so I will try for more tactful tee times when I play in the future.
                          I send pictures ~ through the mail ~ of buried treasures ~ and Humpback whales ~to famous people ~ I do not know ~ I sign "Sincerely, ~ Matthias Doe" ~ I await ~ their response...

Comment

Underpar has the Tarandowah deal on again for the next couple of days.

4 rounds (with replay, carts optional and extra) for $89 Mon-Thurs, or $99 any day.

I'm going to pick some up again, maybe go for the any day version for flexibility. Split this with a friend last year and spent the night in London. 8 rounds between us in 2 days for under $50 each???

No. Brainer.
                            "Confusion" will be my epitaph
                            ...Iggy

Comment

Originally posted by WDM1980 View Post
                              Watson's Glen
                              Willow valley

Both come in at about $60. Conditions are generally very good and the courses each provide variety and fun.

I'll also echo Glen Cedars, thought there are some holes that I'd rather skip. Really, I'd just skip 12 - the trees have taken it from a simple par 4 to a super tight one. Playing 7,8,9 then 13-18, you really can't help but enjoy the setting.

I found amazing value this year at Lora Bay via UnderPar. It was top notch across the board.

That 12th tee is tight at Glen Cedars, but it offsets some of the easier holes, don't you think? As for pace of play at Piper's...how much worse is it compared with other courses? There is always a slow group wherever I play.

Comment

Collapse

Latest TGN Reviews

Collapse

PGA Leaderboard

Collapse

Today's Birthdays

Working...
                              X