Collapse

Tonight's Leaf game

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tonight's Leaf game

Ok Am I missing something? Nylander scores and it's called no goal by the refs. The NHL replay boys want to review it so we wait 5 minutes while they do that. They say the puck did cross the goal line but the on ice officials rule incidental goalie contact so no goal. Fair enough but if if the refs were going to make this call irrespective of the NHL review, why not state that right off the bat and move on?
    PS: Some sweet goals by the boys tonight.

Re: Tonight's Leaf game

If only there was a Leafs thread to discuss the Leafs.

NHL ordered the review because the puck went in. Ref confirmed that it wasn't a goal due to contact. Don't really see the issue, though that is a wildly inconsistent rule. The NHL should just be making the calls so that it's ruled the same everywhere regardless of who the ref is on the ice.

Comment

Originally posted by P25 View Post

NHL ordered the review because the puck went in. Ref confirmed that it wasn't a goal due to contact. Don't really see the issue, though that is a wildly inconsistent rule. The NHL should just be making the calls so that it's ruled the same everywhere regardless of who the ref is on the ice.
      My point is why didn't the ref tell the NHL not to bother seeing if the puck entered the net because they were ruling no goal anyway. This question is more about NHL stupidity as opposed to the Leafs. Why the shot Paul?

Comment

Originally posted by davepratt View Post
        My point is why didn't the ref tell the NHL not to bother seeing if the puck entered the net because they were ruling no goal anyway. This question is more about NHL stupidity as opposed to the Leafs. Why the shot Paul?
        I don't think that's what the ref ruled on the ice. If so, he would have blown it down on the spot...

Comment

Originally posted by P25 View Post

This is the thread where you ask the realtor anything you want to know about the leafs

Comment

Well yesterday PK shot and puck went in but the referee called goalie interference. After review, the call was that the puck went in before contact so goal was good.

Maybe they just wanted to make sure.
            If you think it's hard to meet new people, try picking up the wrong golf ball.

Comment

The ref initially called no gal because he couldn't see the puck cross the line. The league called to say the puck crossed the line, but upon review there was incidental contact with the goalie which prevented him from stopping the puck. Somewhat confusing I acknowledge but they got it right IMO.

Comment

Originally posted by 4wedges View Post
                The ref initially called no gal because he couldn't see the puck cross the line. The league called to say the puck crossed the line, but upon review there was incidental contact with the goalie which prevented him from stopping the puck. Somewhat confusing I acknowledge but they got it right IMO.
                The problem is incidental contact is not reviewable so why didn't the ref tell them he was disallowing the goal no matter what they found?

Comment

The problem is incidental contact is not reviewable so why didn't the ref tell them he was disallowing the goal no matter what they found?
                  Not sure Dave . . . like I said the PK goal was disallowed because of contact with the goalie . . . but replay said the contact was after the puck was in the net. . . . so goal allowed!!!
                  If you think it's hard to meet new people, try picking up the wrong golf ball.

Comment

Can't answer that except that the referee made that call.

Comment

Collapse

Latest TGN Reviews

Collapse

PGA Leaderboard

Collapse

Today's Birthdays

Working...
                    X