Collapse

EX Clublink members corner

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• EX Clublink members corner

Just wondering what all you ex Clublink members are doing for golf these days.

I personally resigned after 18 years to join a course up by the cottage. The cost have become to high and I just wanna play some different courses.

Please guys and gals nothing rude.

Just wanna know what everyone is doing after Clublink

Re: EX Clublink members corner

Originally posted by muskoka111 View Post
    Just wondering what all you ex Clublink members are doing for golf these days.

I personally resigned after 18 years to join a course up by the cottage. The cost have become to high and I just wanna play some different courses.

Just wanna know what everyone is doing after Clublink
    Was a member of clublink for over 12 years and decided to move to a private club in Cambridge three years ago. Has worked out great so far (overall much less expensive) but still miss some of the clublink clubs I used to play quite frequently. Don't have any regrets though.

Comment

Was a member for 3 years when I lived in Ottawa. Great model for those who play frequently and like to vary the courses they play.

Too expensive in the GTA and there was no club local to KW, so I left.
      10 degree Cobra Fly-Z+ / Matrix White Tie 55X4
      16 degree Callaway Big Bertha Alpha 815 / Fujikura Speeder 865
      20 degree Ping Rapture V2 Hybrid / MR JavlinFX
      4-AW Nike Vapor Pro Combo / DG Pro

54, 58 degree Ping Glide / CFS
      Ping Anser Redwood

Srixon ZStar XV

Comment

Originally posted by Section ThirtyOne View Post
        Was a member for 3 years when I lived in Ottawa. Great model for those who play frequently and like to vary the courses they play.

Too expensive in the GTA and there was no club local to KW, so I left.
        I find this to be a curious statement. If too expensive based on your situation don't join and look for alternatives.

Comment

^^^ ummm ..... isn't that what he said ? -> too expensive, no local club, so he left

Hamilton9977:
          Curious why as a Guelphite, you joined Cambridge G&CC , instead of Cutten Fields ?
          🍍 2023 WITB 🍍​
          Bag | Titleist Hybrid-5 Stand Bag
          Titleist TSi2 10* | Miyazaki Kusala Black 61x or UST LIN-Q White M40X 6F3
          Titleist TSR1 20* & 26* Hybrid | Evenflow White 90S
          Edel SMS Pro 5-PW | Steelfiber i110cw-S
          Edel SMS GW & LW | Steelfiber i110cw-S

Putter | Mizuno OMOI-03 Nickel Finish, stock grip
          Grips | All Clubs With CP2 Wrap Jumbo

Comment

Originally posted by ARL67 View Post
            ^^^ ummm ..... isn't that what he said ? -> too expensive, no local club, so he left

Hamilton9977:
            Curious why as a Guelphite, you joined Cambridge G&CC , instead of Cutten Fields ?
            What does the cost really have to do with it? There's no local club which is the underlying issue.

Comment

Originally posted by ARL67 View Post

Hamilton9977:
              I'm pretty sure he is a member at Galt, not Cambridge.

Bit of a difference between the two.
              M1 8.5* Aldila Rouge
              Titleist 915 15* Speeder 757
              M1 18* Speeder 757
              Titleist AP2
              Vokey TVD 50, 54, 58
              Newport 2
              PROV1X

Comment

Sorry that's what I meant, Galt, not Cambridge -> yes, big difference
                🍍 2023 WITB 🍍​
                Bag | Titleist Hybrid-5 Stand Bag
                Titleist TSi2 10* | Miyazaki Kusala Black 61x or UST LIN-Q White M40X 6F3
                Titleist TSR1 20* & 26* Hybrid | Evenflow White 90S
                Edel SMS Pro 5-PW | Steelfiber i110cw-S
                Edel SMS GW & LW | Steelfiber i110cw-S

Putter | Mizuno OMOI-03 Nickel Finish, stock grip
                Grips | All Clubs With CP2 Wrap Jumbo

Comment

Originally posted by WhiteWalker View Post
                  I find this to be a curious statement. If too expensive based on your situation don't join and look for alternatives.
                  Gotta be a Dic in every crowd!

Just saying!

RR

Comment

Have been a member twice in the last ten years. I do miss the courses (Wyndance especially), but found that the tee access was almost always difficult. I like to unwind after work late in the evening with some solo golf. At Clublink, even at like 6pm, I found I would still get forced out into a foursome. I don't feel like making small talk after a long day. I have joined a few other private clubs, but found that the price was similar and that being limited to the single course got pretty dull. Also, tee sheet access at most private clubs can be pretty terrible late in the day as well.

In all honesty, I have joined some public courses out in the far east end and have enjoyed the overall experience more. No one pays to play golf at like 6:15 at most public places, so other than a few other scattered loners like myself, I can have the place to myself and play nine holes in just over an hour. Much closer to pure happiness than jammed tee sheets and forced socializing at Clublink.

Comment

Originally posted by muskoka111 View Post
                      ...didn't last long!
                      Every great idea starts out as a blasphemy

Comment

So, negatives so far have come from people who don't live in Toronto.
                        As someone who lives in Toronto and can squeeze in a few rounds, it's a good value. If I lived in Durham or Cambridge I wouldn't join based on the price, there are simply too many cheaper options.

I love the ability to play in Ottawa and Montreal are too. Florida is OK, but no real value unless you spend a season down there.
                        Last edited by Bern; Oct 28, 2016, 09:26 PM. Reason: typo

Comment

Originally posted by Rocknronny View Post
                          Gotta be a Dic in every crowd!

Just saying!

RR
                          There sure does, and it's usually the guy that doesn't think it's them.

Comment

I was an intermediate member for 7 years and left quite easily once rates started going up because, as has been mentioned, I found the value took a nosedive exponentially with each year after I turned 26 and I live in Toronto.

I actually don't mind the courses and conditions overall at all have gotten better since I left. That said, how much I pay for golf matters to me and I feel I could find just as good or better golf for less as a public player.

Finally, being that I play during the week, I found public courses much less crowded weekday than Clublink ever was.

Comment

Originally posted by TheBananaSlice View Post
                              Have been a member twice in the last ten years. I do miss the courses (Wyndance especially), but found that the tee access was almost always difficult. I like to unwind after work late in the evening with some solo golf. At Clublink, even at like 6pm, I found I would still get forced out into a foursome. I don't feel like making small talk after a long day. I have joined a few other private clubs, but found that the price was similar and that being limited to the single course got pretty dull. Also, tee sheet access at most private clubs can be pretty terrible late in the day as well.

In all honesty, I have joined some public courses out in the far east end and have enjoyed the overall experience more. No one pays to play golf at like 6:15 at most public places, so other than a few other scattered loners like myself, I can have the place to myself and play nine holes in just over an hour. Much closer to pure happiness than jammed tee sheets and forced socializing at Clublink.
                              Not sure what kind of luck you are running with but I never had this happen to me. Many times this year I would show up around 6:30 at KR, DB, SC, EH and have no problem going out as a single or pairing up with a couple others as good company. Hope things continue to work for you too.

Cheers

Comment

Collapse

Latest TGN Reviews

Collapse

PGA Leaderboard

Collapse

Today's Birthdays

Working...
                              X