"Mike Just" of Louisville Golf passes

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "Mike Just" of Louisville Golf passes

Remembering Mike Just

I never met Mike or Elmore but I did have dealings with him," some years ago". I went looking to purchase some rods(2' x 10') red clay coloured vulcanized fibre for face inserts and called Mike. We chatted on the phone about who I was and what I was trying to do and he was very helpful. When it came time to chat about purchasing some vulcanized fibre, Mike said to me," do you have a pick-up truck"? Blair...I have sheets(4' x 8') of the stuff I can sell you at a greatly reduced price just to get it out of my shop....if you have a pick-up truck. I thanked Mike for his offer but declined...all I wanted or needed was about 25 rods. Looking back and after talking to Bella Woods(GolfWRX) it was disclosed to me that,"all those sheets of red clay coloured vulcanized fibre ended up at the dump". Mike was eager to help.

He will be missed.

Blair
    Canada
    Last edited by Maxwell; Oct 22, 2016, 06:36 AM.
    " One Day At A Time"

Re: "Mike Just" of Louisville Golf passes

I am sorry to hear this. He was a classy man. Glad you have that very rare copy lathe Max.
    I once emailed him for needed info and he called me on the phone. Who the heck does that anymore?
    The green velvet station he used in his two YT vids, applying a leather grip and the other doing the whipping on a hickory wood, was sophisticated simplicity.

Mike Just, president of Louisville Golf, shows you how to apply a leather wrap grip to a Hickory-shafted golf club.

RIP
    things change

Maga Lies Matter

Comment

I heard about this the other day too......guy was super passionate about Persimmon - Max if you could update your settings because I tried to respond to your PM but couldn't because you have your TGN profile set to not accept PM's....FYI

Comment

For any that are interested on more information about him, great write up here:
        Resolve to be tender with the young, compassionate with the aged, sympathetic with the striving, and tolerant with the weak and wrong, because sometime in your life, you will have been all of these. Dr. Robert H. Goddard

Comment

Checked my profile and everything looks o.k. If someone you know needs to contact me, they can email me at Maxwell1956@cogeco.ca
          or phone us on our land line - 905-685-6389.
          Blair & Donna Phillips
          " One Day At A Time"

Comment

Collapse

Latest TGN Reviews

Collapse

PGA Leaderboard

Collapse

Today's Birthdays

Working...
          X