/**/

Collapse

Announcement

No announcement yet.
Collapse

Rifle Project X shafts, 3-P flighted set, can they be fit to 5-P + 53* + 58* ??

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rifle Project X shafts, 3-P flighted set, can they be fit to 5-P + 53* + 58* ??

Hi everyone,

Just a question that I am debating if it's a good idea to have a set of Project X 3-P flighted installed as follow: 5-P + 53* + 58* using the same sequence down.

I do realize that for the 5 iron, it would be installed with the 3-iron shaft and so on all the way down to the lob wedge.

My question is if this will increase the stiffness of the overall set since we are trimming an inch off each shaft.

Would the trojectry on the 5 iron be too high? since it's a flighted set and the shaft for the long iron has lower kick point and so on...

Any comment would be appreciated

Henry
    Practice is about anticipation not change.

Re: Rifle Project X shafts, 3-P flighted set, can they be fit to 5-P + 53* + 58* ??

In essence, what you will be doing is soft stepping the shafts, making them play roughly about .2 flex softer than rated per step. Ball flight will also change somewhat. They (Royal Precision) usually recommend doing more than 2 steps in either direction so you seem to be falling into RPs guideline. If you want say a 5.0 RP spec, you'd buy 5.5 flex and it should end up (if done according to RP's assembly guidelines) about 5.0-5.1.

Comment

Re: Rifle Project X shafts, 3-P flighted set, can they be fit to 5-P + 53* + 58* ??

Originally posted by Carlton
      In essence, what you will be doing is soft stepping the shafts, making them play roughly about .2 flex softer than rated per step. Ball flight will also change somewhat. They (Royal Precision) usually recommend doing more than 2 steps in either direction so you seem to be falling into RPs guideline. If you want say a 5.0 RP spec, you'd buy 5.5 flex and it should end up (if done according to RP's assembly guidelines) about 5.0-5.1.
      Thank you very much Carlton for the input, I thought reducing the length would make the shaft stiffer since I am using the 3 iron shaft for the 5 iron and will keep the 5 iron length, that's about an inch off the butt..?
      Practice is about anticipation not change.

Comment

Collapse

Latest TGN Reviews

Collapse

PGA Leaderboard

Collapse

Today's Birthdays

Working...
      X