Golf Employment

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Golf Employment

Hey everyone,

I'm a 17 year old student in my last year of high school. Looking to gain full-time work experience during next summer at a golf course. Does anyone know when a good time to apply would be and if it's possible for a student to work full time?

Thanks, Kyle

Re: Golf Employment

Most courses have a job fair early in the New Year. Usually around Reading Week for Universities and Colleges, 2nd or 3rd week of February.

Make a list of the courses near you and go to their web sites in January and they will have the dates posted.

Show your enthusiasm for getting a Golf Job and you'll likely be hired.

Comment

Get in touch with Clublink head office. Can't hurt and they have an awful lo of courses.

Or ask around about what friends of your parents are members somewhere? Connections always help at private clubs.

Comment

Depending where you live Piper's Heath ae currently looking for help in all departments. The season maybe nearly over but you would have your foot in the door for next year.

Comment

Originally posted by psfl View Post
          Depending where you live Piper's Heath ae currently looking for help in all departments. The season maybe nearly over but you would have your foot in the door for next year.
          There are lots of courses looking for staff this time of year, trying to fill the positions left from students going back to college. If you can work now through end of season this is very good advice from "psfl", a head start on the rest is always good.

If you are like the rest of the students then what "ThruTheGreen" has suggested is your best bet, most courses have Job Fairs at that time.
          Resolve to be tender with the young, compassionate with the aged, sympathetic with the striving, and tolerant with the weak and wrong, because sometime in your life, you will have been all of these. Dr. Robert H. Goddard

Comment

Originally posted by kyledesouza View Post
            Hey everyone,

I'm a 17 year old student in my last year of high school. Looking to gain full-time work experience during next summer at a golf course. Does anyone know when a good time to apply would be and if it's possible for a student to work full time?

Thanks, Kyle
            Most won't start considering until late February, early March but I would not let that deter you from applying as early as January. You'd most likely start backshop given your age, but if you can prove to be mature and customer service focused, you might find yourself working in the Pro Shop serving patrons who check in.

Whereabouts do you live Kyle and do you have any experience working at a golf course, or is this your first venture into it?

Comment

Originally posted by racmbs View Post
              Most won't start considering until late February, early March but I would not let that deter you from applying as early as January. You'd most likely start backshop given your age, but if you can prove to be mature and customer service focused, you might find yourself working in the Pro Shop serving patrons who check in.

Whereabouts do you live Kyle and do you have any experience working at a golf course, or is this your first venture into it?
              I live in Mississauga, very close to BraeBen. i have never worked at a golf course before.

Comment

I live in Mississauga, very close to BraeBen. i have never worked at a golf course before.
                Kyle; not sure what your means of transport are, but if Club Link courses are within your reach then their website is below and you can sign up now to get on the waiting list for consideration for employment in 2016.

BTW, on the website there is a panel marked "Job Fairs", although the dates shown are for the 2015 season you'll see some as early as the 1st two weeks in February, with some later on; these dates are usually around the same time each year.

Good luck with your search.

Last edited by 4underthru9; Sep 26, 2015, 10:07 PM.
                Resolve to be tender with the young, compassionate with the aged, sympathetic with the striving, and tolerant with the weak and wrong, because sometime in your life, you will have been all of these. Dr. Robert H. Goddard

Comment

Originally posted by 4underthru9 View Post
                  Kyle; not sure what your means of transport are, but if Club Link courses are within your reach then their website is below and you can sign up now to get on the waiting list for consideration for employment in 2016.

BTW, on the website there is a panel marked "Job Fairs", although the dates shown are for the 2015 season you'll see some as early as the 1st two weeks in February, with some later on; these dates are usually around the same time each year.

Good luck with your search.

https://clublinkcareers.silkroad.com/
                  Thank you so much!

Comment

I'd reach out to Mississauga G&CC, I can see them wanting to hire an enthusiastic, young golf nut like yourself. It wouldn't hurt to call them as early as tomorrow and see what's in the pipeline for them for 2016, they might even have room now for all you know which could get your foot in the door and secure yourself a spot for next season.

Best of luck !

Comment

I'd reach out to Mississauga G&CC, I can see them wanting to hire an enthusiastic, young golf nut like yourself. It wouldn't hurt to call them as early as tomorrow and see what's in the pipeline for them for 2016, they might even have room now for all you know which could get your foot in the door and secure yourself a spot for next season.

Best of luck !
                      Forgot something ... MississaugUa
                      Ping G430lst 9 Tensei Pro Orange 70tx
                      Titleist TSI2 15 Tensei Pro Orange 80tx
                      Titleist TSI2 20.25 Tensei Pro Orange 90tx
                      Titleist T100s KBS Tour V 125 Tour Spec
                      Titleist SM8 KBS Tour V 125 Tour Spec
                      L.A.B Golf Directed Force 2.1

Comment

Originally posted by oNe16tH View Post
                        Forgot something ... MississaugUa
                        I'm not following, is this a drinking game?

Comment

I'm not following, is this a drinking game?
                          If you are going to send the kid somewhere at least spell it correctly
                          Ping G430lst 9 Tensei Pro Orange 70tx
                          Titleist TSI2 15 Tensei Pro Orange 80tx
                          Titleist TSI2 20.25 Tensei Pro Orange 90tx
                          Titleist T100s KBS Tour V 125 Tour Spec
                          Titleist SM8 KBS Tour V 125 Tour Spec
                          L.A.B Golf Directed Force 2.1

Comment

Originally posted by oNe16tH View Post
                            If you are going to send the kid somewhere at least spell it correctly
                            Hey, don't blame me for their spelling mistake 100 years ago. 😝

Comment

Most Clublink courses are hiring now since all the students are going back to school. Try getting in this year and they will hire you back next year.

Comment

Collapse

Latest TGN Reviews

Collapse

PGA Leaderboard

Collapse

Today's Birthdays

Working...
                              X