Collapse

Upper Unionville Golf Club - formerly Mandarin

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Upper Unionville Golf Club - formerly Mandarin

I agree. Not even close to Unionville (approx. 10 kms north). Probably a marketing gimmick either to charge more as Unionville is high-end for that area or make it seem closer that it really is

Comment

Originally posted by Capilano View Post
      Was a member many years ago. Mandarin was good back in late 90s, early 2000s but conditions have declined since. Nice layout with back 9 my personal preference (11 to 15). Unless bunkering, bridges (quasi-island 16th or 17th) have improved, not worth paying >$100. As some noted, range is a 5 minute cart ride. I recall 5-6 years ago, green fees could be had for $69 on Golfnow. When it was Mandarin, terrific Dim Sum and, obviously, Chinese.
      I played there a couple times as guests.... nothing special about the course but you literally had a Chinese restaurant on site.... so you could pick up dim sum instead of hot dogs at the turn... lol.

Bettinardi BEBG-1501 Staff Bag (Riding 14 Clubs)
      TRPX S-013 1W 9.5 | RomaRo Ray Type-R 5W+ 17 & UT 19 | United SBB1 Tour 3-PW & SBW2 53/57 | Bettinardi Queen Bee #6

Honma CB-3202 Stand Bag (Walking 12 Clubs)
      Baldo 8C Craft Brassy 2W 13 | George Spirit GTFW 5W 18 | Honma TW-U 21 & TW717M 4-PW | Romaro Alcobaca Stream Tour 58 | Bettinardi BB35

Comment

Originally posted by Capilano View Post
        Was a member many years ago. Mandarin was good back in late 90s, early 2000s but conditions have declined since. Nice layout with back 9 my personal preference (11 to 15). Unless bunkering, bridges (quasi-island 16th or 17th) have improved, not worth paying >$100. As some noted, range is a 5 minute cart ride. I recall 5-6 years ago, green fees could be had for $69 on Golfnow. When it was Mandarin, terrific Dim Sum and, obviously, Chinese.
        Unfortunately unless you golf the private courses with money and powerful influences, course conditions are on the decline most everywhere. Public golf in the gta for a half decent course is seldom less than $100. I know there are some decent deals through golfnow and such however. I also knew some people at The Mandarin, and Mr. Cunningham the super would literally have to beg for money and products, it's sort of surprising he is still there. It must be difficult for the supers to experience these deteriorations and money issues..
        M1 430 9.5 Speeder 661 X
        M1 3 H/L Speeder 757 X
        Mizuno MP-4 3-PW
        Vokey SM6 52, 56, 60
        TA Tru-Milled 303SS

Comment

Wait. So was it part of the Mandarin restaurant chain?
          I send pictures ~ through the mail ~ of buried treasures ~ and Humpback whales ~to famous people ~ I do not know ~ I sign "Sincerely, ~ Matthias Doe" ~ I await ~ their response...

Comment

Originally posted by Jayhawker View Post
            Wait. So was it part of the Mandarin restaurant chain?
            Ha many would assume so I guess.. who knows, apparently they are both known for the food now
            M1 430 9.5 Speeder 661 X
            M1 3 H/L Speeder 757 X
            Mizuno MP-4 3-PW
            Vokey SM6 52, 56, 60
            TA Tru-Milled 303SS

Comment

Wasn't the course at one time 'good' enough to host a CPGA event?

Comment

I only know of the Great Lakes Tour stopping there...
                M1 430 9.5 Speeder 661 X
                M1 3 H/L Speeder 757 X
                Mizuno MP-4 3-PW
                Vokey SM6 52, 56, 60
                TA Tru-Milled 303SS

Comment

Originally posted by Arthur Dailey View Post
                  Wasn't the course at one time 'good' enough to host a CPGA event?
                  Ashley Chinner won the CPGA in 1996 (3 rds) and Guy Hill won in 1997 in a playoff against Mike Weir. I still have the VHS tape for the 1997 broadcast. Amazingly, the 1997 winning score was a -8 for 4 rds and I would predict the winning score would be closer to -25 with all the game technology since then.

Comment

Solid Golf Course that is undergoing major clubhouse renos. Proshop staff was super friendly every time I've been there. I've heard a twilight rate will be available after 4pm. They said at the golf show that website was being developed and will be up with more info soon.

Comment

Originally posted by Fast23 View Post
                      Solid Golf Course that is undergoing major clubhouse renos. Proshop staff was super friendly every time I've been there. I've heard a twilight rate will be available after 4pm. They said at the golf show that website was being developed and will be up with more info soon.

hmmm, 2 posts on TGN in 2 years, and they're both about Mandarin
                      Every great idea starts out as a blasphemy

Comment

Originally posted by Big Shooter View Post
                        hmmm, 2 posts on TGN in 2 years, and they're both about Mandarin
                        Why does this even matter? Did the poster not answer questions other posters had?

A lot of people act like they are bringing in revenue dollars for themselves all the time. Can people not just contact the mods if they have an issue instead of filling threads with useless posts?

Comment

Originally posted by AverageJoe View Post
                          Why does this even matter? Did the poster not answer questions other posters had?

A lot of people act like they are bringing in revenue dollars for themselves all the time. Can people not just contact the mods if they have an issue instead of filling threads with useless posts?
                          uh, thanks

Comment

Originally posted by AverageJoe View Post

BS is a self-appointed deputy moderator.

Comment

Originally posted by TheSaxemachine View Post
                              Haha, BS. The road to 30k is paved with off the cuff replies.
                              I send pictures ~ through the mail ~ of buried treasures ~ and Humpback whales ~to famous people ~ I do not know ~ I sign "Sincerely, ~ Matthias Doe" ~ I await ~ their response...

Comment

Originally posted by TheSaxemachine View Post
                                I spew a lot of BS!

Comment

Collapse

Latest TGN Reviews

Collapse

PGA Leaderboard

Collapse

Today's Birthdays

Working...
                                X