How far do you hit your 7 iron?

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: How far do you hit your 7 iron?

Originally posted by imAnewbie View Post
    Mo don't start things again again! hahaha How's the new setup for the driver? I haven't talked to Lionel, let's hit RH again hopefully those darn bunkers wont be hard as concrete this time!

*Make sure you dont go fasting next time we go out!
    I have another month before I start fasting. Set something up and I'll be there. Doesn't have to be anything big or fancy. Not playing as good as I was that day but will give you a run for your money. This time around I'll cross both those annoying creeks on the front 9.
    ---
    Driver: Taylormade R7 SuperQuad 10.5* Oban Devotion 6 Stiff
    3-Wood: Taylormade V-Steel 15*
    Hybrids: Taylormade Rescue 3-19*
    Irons: Taylormade 300 forged 3-PW
    Wedges: Taylormade RAC TP 52, 56, 60
    Putter: 33" Scotty Red X2
    Ball: Bridgestone B330s, Pro V1

Comment

my driver swing speed was clocked at 114-116. That was when I was hitting it properly.
      With only that as your driver S/S, you couldn't generate enough power to hit anywhere near 200 with a 7 iron. With my shortened swing and solid contact, I will max out at around 185 with a 7 iron (rarely take full swings anymore) and my S/S is down to around 112 mph now from low 120's last year.

Your lofts have to be strong, as a 6 iron is my 195 club and I can flush it to 200.

Again, varying conditions can add to distance ie. wind, heat w/o humidity, elevation and those days where the ball just seems to 'jump' a little more then usual.

Comment

Originally posted by Momo View Post
        I have another month before I start fasting. Set something up and I'll be there. Doesn't have to be anything big or fancy. Not playing as good as I was that day but will give you a run for your money. This time around I'll cross both those annoying creeks on the front 9.
        For sure, I'll send you guys a message!
        Cobra King F7
        Cobra Bio Cell+ 12.5
        Cobra Bio Cell+ 16*
        Cobra Amp Pro 6-AW + KBS C-Tapers S
        Cobra Tour Trusty Dual (56/60)
        Bettinardi Studio 6

Comment

Originally posted by setter02 View Post
          With only that as your driver S/S, you couldn't generate enough power to hit anywhere near 200 with a 7 iron. With my shortened swing and solid contact, I will max out at around 185 with a 7 iron (rarely take full swings anymore) and my S/S is down to around 112 mph now from low 120's last year.

Your lofts have to be strong, as a 6 iron is my 195 club and I can flush it to 200.

Again, varying conditions can add to distance ie. wind, heat w/o humidity, elevation and those days where the ball just seems to 'jump' a little more then usual.
          That might be true, I really don't know my stats as I've never been fitted or analyzed, I only saw SS from the sims at GT which we all know are whacked, but I'm pretty sure my yardages are on target while on the course. My PW I think has a 49*, that leaves me a 60/56/52/49 separations on my wedges, I'm assuming Bang has the standard lofts on their irons.
          Cobra King F7
          Cobra Bio Cell+ 12.5
          Cobra Bio Cell+ 16*
          Bettinardi Studio 6

Comment

My point exactly a stock 200 yard 7 iron carry means you hit the ball sick hard and your swing speed would have to be much much higher to achieve those numbers.
            Ping G430lst 9 Tensei Pro Orange 70tx
            Titleist TSI2 15 Tensei Pro Orange 80tx
            Titleist TSI2 20.25 Tensei Pro Orange 90tx
            Titleist T100s KBS Tour V 125 Tour Spec
            Titleist SM8 KBS Tour V 125 Tour Spec
            L.A.B Golf Directed Force 2.1

Comment

The more I read this thread, the bigger my balls feel.

Comment

That might be true, I really don't know my stats as I've never been fitted or analyzed, I only saw SS from the sims at GT which we all know are whacked, but I'm pretty sure my yardages are on target while on the course. My PW I think has a 49*, that leaves me a 60/56/52/49 separations on my wedges, I'm assuming Bang has the standard lofts on their irons.
                Still doesn't make sense. Again, I don't know your swing or have seen you golf (not trying to start anything), but the number don't add up is all. Yes we all know the stats you get in the GT sims are whacked given all the different set ups chain wide, and I've had issues with staff telling me there dead accurate when I know my numbers.

Unless your S/S is much higher then your 'guess', your almost 2 clubs longer then me, and I'm not short. But again, I'm rarely taking full swings any more, so am actually a bad comparison. Hell, I could be spinning the ball to much for all I know and that's why I like punch-3/4 shots more for control.

Comment

Originally posted by racmbs View Post
                  To bad ball size isn't what brings the ladies running Rarely I think you would hear 'look at the size of that guys sack!' in a good way

Comment

I thought yours were at capacity...or were they emptied for you

Comment

To bad ball size isn't what brings the ladies running Rarely I think you would hear 'look at the size of that guys sack!' in a good way
                      Look at the bag on that guy!

Comment

Originally posted by oNe16tH View Post
                        I thought yours were at capacity...or were they emptied for you
                        Wife has been gone now for 2 weeks, so no baby making has given me a break.....felt like they were about to fall off anyway.

Comment

Still doesn't make sense. Again, I don't know your swing or have seen you golf (not trying to start anything), but the number don't add up is all. Yes we all know the stats you get in the GT sims are whacked given all the different set ups chain wide, and I've had issues with staff telling me there dead accurate when I know my numbers.

Unless your S/S is much higher then your 'guess', your almost 2 clubs longer then me, and I'm not short. But again, I'm rarely taking full swings any more, so am actually a bad comparison. Hell, I could be spinning the ball to much for all I know and that's why I like punch-3/4 shots more for control.

I can get the driver up to 120 and dude is still 2 clubs longer than me...we are in the presence of greatness.

Comment

Wife has been gone now for 2 weeks, so no baby making has given me a break.....felt like they were about to fall off anyway.
                            I hear that...don't strain a forearm while she's gone

Comment

Originally posted by oNe16tH View Post
                              I can get the driver up to 120 and dude is still 2 clubs longer than me...we are in the presence of greatness.

Easy there, I dont know what's up with the hostility over my yardages, Momo has played with me, a bunch of guys played with me and I'm pretty sure they know how much I can get out of my 7 iron

Here's what I don't get, why compare your 7 iron against my 7 iron? Do you actually think I care if you have a SS of 120 and yet I have 2 clubs on you? Why is "the 2 clubs up on me?" was even brought up here? I've said several times, believe me or not I don't really care. At the end of the day I know which club I'm getting if I'm facing a 190-200 yard shot. I'm not forcing anyone to believe my yardages, if you find that hard to believe then I respect that. I hope you do the same and stop with BS accusations, I've never done it on anyone on the forum and I'm pretty I respected everyone's opinion, calling BS without even playing with me is kinda quick.
                              Cobra King F7
                              Cobra Bio Cell+ 12.5
                              Cobra Bio Cell+ 16*
                              Bettinardi Studio 6

Comment

This whole thread has gone out of hand, if people just know how to respect each others' post it'll be more fun in here.
                                Cobra King F7
                                Cobra Bio Cell+ 12.5
                                Cobra Bio Cell+ 16*
                                Bettinardi Studio 6

Comment

Collapse

Latest TGN Reviews

Collapse

PGA Leaderboard

Collapse

Today's Birthdays

There are no members with birthdays today.

Working...
                                X