Collapse

Craigowan Golf Club

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Craigowan Golf Club

I played this course this past summer with an underpar coupon with my brother-in-law. We were treated real good as were the other couple we were paired with. I also bought another underpar for this summer to be played again with my brother-in-law We really enjoyed the course and were looking forward to playing again. Now I guess we will just have wait and see what happens an what underpar will do to protect our money invested.

Frank

Comment

Correct me if I am wrong, but did I hear that 75-100 members did NOT renew for the past 2016 season or was that a myth ? If true, what happened .... as that was clearly an organized exodus, and that feat alone would have put the club in its current dIRE sTRAITS.
      🍍 2023 WITB 🍍​
      Bag | Titleist Hybrid-5 Stand Bag
      Titleist TSi2 10* | Miyazaki Kusala Black 61x or UST LIN-Q White M40X 6F3
      Titleist TSR1 20* & 26* Hybrid | Evenflow White 90S
      Edel SMS Pro 5-PW | Steelfiber i110cw-S
      Edel SMS GW & LW | Steelfiber i110cw-S

Putter | Mizuno OMOI-03 Nickel Finish, stock grip
      Grips | All Clubs With CP2 Wrap Jumbo

Comment

So to be clear, get they're for sale, but is closing the club in the near term a possibility if they don't get an offer soon?

Have to think the sell cycle for an operation like a golf course has to be lengthy and it could take a year to sort itself out.

As an aside Rick Young who writes for SCORE mag is a member and Tweeted about the sale last week.

The London Free Press also wrote about the possible sale this past Friday:

Read latest breaking news, updates, and headlines. London Free Press offers information on latest national and international events & more.

The good news is the Woodstock Sentinel is quoted as saying there are multiple potential buyers...

I also have an Underpar pass for 2 for this season and hope it gets sorted out for the long term soon.

- Ian
        TM Qi10 Ruby Red 460 Driver 9.0D (Fujikura Vista Pro 65S)
        TM Stealth 2 Plus 3 Fairway 15.0D (Fujikura Vista Pro 65S)
        TM Stealth 2 Plus 3 Hybrid 19.5D (Fujikura Vista Pro HB 70S)
        TM Stealth Irons (KBS C-Taper Lite 110S) (4-LW) Golf Pride CP2 Pro Jumbo Grips (All Metals / Irons)
        TM My TP Soto Silver and Black Putters
        * (Custom / KBS CT Tour) - Golf Pride TM Pistol
        TM My Spider Tour X3 Putter* (Custom / KBS Black PVD) - SuperStroke Zenergy Pistol GT 1.0
        TM Supreme Cart Bag (Black / Red)
        TM TP5 Golf Ball
        Clicgear 4.0 Push Cart
        SkyCaddie SX550 GPS
        Bushnell ProX3 Laser Rangefinder

(*Interchangeable to adhere to 14 club rule)

Comment

SCORE Golf's Rick Young confirmed in a tweet to me earlier that Craigowan is officially on the block for sale.
          TM Stealth Irons (KBS C-Taper Lite 110S) (4-LW) Golf Pride CP2 Pro Jumbo Grips (All Metals / Irons)
          TM My Spider Tour X3 Putter* (Custom / KBS Black PVD) - SuperStroke Zenergy Pistol GT 1.0
          TM TP5 Golf Ball
          Clicgear 4.0 Push Cart
          SkyCaddie SX550 GPS

Comment

Well let's hope that whoever gets it keeps it the way it is.

Frank

Comment

Originally posted by tarrantian View Post
              SCORE Golf's Rick Young confirmed in a tweet to me earlier that Craigowan is officially on the block for sale.
              Consultant brought in to go over potential buyers and to bring information to the board for a decision. Not exactly sure on timeline but hopefully relatively quick so there won't be a late start to 2017. And hopefully not Golf North because they'll butcher the course and ask too much to play it just like every other course they own.

Comment

in this woodstock sentinel review article it says they want it sold by the end of march. i guess bidders have untill february 20 to make an offer. that sounds hopeful for opening sometime in spring 2017!

maybe everyone at the club will get lucky and the gateman milloy company that bought stratford a few years ago will buy them...or someone not named golf north

Comment

So I'm guessing this will probably be a new golf north course soon!!

Comment

Originally posted by BeaverPelts View Post
                    Well, they (GolfNorth) have lost Whitetail & Oliver's Nest
                    Every great idea starts out as a blasphemy

Comment

Originally posted by Big Shooter View Post
                      Well, they (GolfNorth) have lost Whitetail & Oliver's Nest
                      When did that happen Mark?

Comment

I heard it has been sold.....will hear about the new owner soon...

Comment

Originally posted by kich View Post
                          When did that happen Mark?
                          Olivers Nest was very recently purchased by Cardinal/Redcrest. Like weeks. Whitetail was bace in December. I didnt get a great feeling fron the pro shop when I was there last year.
                          Really bummed about Olivers Nest. It was really growing on me. On the other hand I planned to get out there at least twice this year with my GN membership so probably downgrade that to 50% chance of once.
                          I send pictures ~ through the mail ~ of buried treasures ~ and Humpback whales ~to famous people ~ I do not know ~ I sign "Sincerely, ~ Matthias Doe" ~ I await ~ their response...

Comment

Heck no! I've heard Gateman Milloy is the front runner.

Comment

Nope. They have not bought anything this winter. I even suggested (half joking) they should pick up Craigowan. The one guy that seemed to know lots said they had already been bought but it wasn't Golf North.
                              I send pictures ~ through the mail ~ of buried treasures ~ and Humpback whales ~to famous people ~ I do not know ~ I sign "Sincerely, ~ Matthias Doe" ~ I await ~ their response...

Comment

Rick Young of SCORE Magazine dedicated another blog to the ongoing situation at Craigowan:

My club of 40 years is about to be sold. Will the new owner want to turn it around or tear it down?

To echo others, it looks as if an announcement is pending Monday, and the fear is eventually, it could fall to Real Estate needs - As a homeowner in Kitchener, I'm seeing first hand the community need for more housing as the GTA expands southwest...

Many people who have roots in my community are moving to the Woodstock area, and need for more housing is only going to continue to put pressure on green spaces and our beloved Golf Courses...

I know first hand many would greedily love to see such Waterloo Region institutions such as Rockway, and Doon sold off to developers.

Very sad, but don't see the pressures in this area subsiding anytime soon as memberships decline and housing needs increase.

- Ian
                                TM TP5 Golf Ball
                                Clicgear 4.0 Push Cart
                                SkyCaddie SX550 GPS

Comment

Collapse

Latest TGN Reviews

Collapse

PGA Leaderboard

Collapse

Today's Birthdays

Working...
                                X