Collapse

Bryson DeChambeau - side saddle

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bryson DeChambeau - side saddle

Welcome back to Instagram. Sign in to check out what your friends, family & interests have been capturing & sharing around the world.

I honestly think he'll be the next Charles Howell III.. Get to caught up in gear tinkering and fall off the map..
    Epic 10.5 - Elements
    Epic 3 wood - Elements
    Mizuno JPX900 -22* Veylix Rome 988X
    King MB - Recoil Prototype
    Fourteen - 52/56/60PM -Recoil Prototype
    Lamb Allendale
    https://www.instagram.com/makerofputts/

Re: Bryson DeChambeau - side saddle

Well , Chucky 3 Sticks is 23rd on the all time money list with over 31 million in earnings so Bryson would do well to achieve such lofty status.

There have been many tinkerers over the years, none greater than Paddy Harrington and he has won 3 majors. Arnie was also notorious for messing with his clubs.

BC is unique , the tour needs less vanilla , guys like Bubba , BC etc bring a little variety and novelty to an otherwise pretty boring game.
    "Don't cry because it's over, Smile because it happened "

Comment

Money list is really irrelevant to one's place in history given where purses are today compared to 20+ years ago. Howell has 2 wins. Hardly what one would call a successful career given the hopes they had for him when he debuted.

DeChambeau seems to be a head case for sure. I like the guy. Hope he doesn't become the next Howell III.

Comment

Originally posted by P25 View Post
        Money list is really irrelevant to one's place in history given where purses are today compared to 20+ years ago. Howell has 2 wins. Hardly what one would call a successful career given the hopes they had for him when he debuted.

DeChambeau seems to be a head case for sure. I like the guy. Hope he doesn't become the next Howell III.
        thank you, my point exactly..
        Epic 10.5 - Elements
        Epic 3 wood - Elements
        Lamb Allendale

Comment

Originally posted by P25 View Post
          I suppose. It's a job and they play for prize money. Only one person can win each week.

Sure, history remembers the big winners and a major solidifies up your place in history, but Howell has been a good player for a long time and he has won a ton of money, more than Weir.

BC is young, talented, and has a long ( hopefully) career ahead of him, who knows if he ends up like Howell or Paddy ? Time will tell.

Comment

Originally posted by Weirfan View Post
            I suppose. It's a job and they play for prize money. Only one person can win each week.

Sure, history remembers the big winners and a major solidifies up your place in history, but Howell has been a good player for a long time and he has won a ton of money, more than Weir.

BC is young, talented, and has a long ( hopefully) career ahead of him, who knows if he ends up like Howell or Paddy ? Time will tell.
            His initials are BD are they not?

I think if you ask them, they'd say they play to win championships, not to win money. Money is great, but winning championships is what they're there for.

Comment

but my point is.. Howell was supposed to be Great not average... like Bryson is supposed to be...
              Epic 10.5 - Elements
              Epic 3 wood - Elements
              Lamb Allendale

Comment

Originally posted by pix40 View Post
                but my point is.. Howell was supposed to be Great not average... like Bryson is supposed to be...
                And it's a fair POV.

In fairness, many supposedly great athletes in many sports have not lived up to their advance billing. I still think , despite a paucity of wins that CH111 has had a vreally good career. You can dismiss is earnings to large purses but if you look at some of the modern era golfers that he is ahead of, which includes multiple major winners, he has been good for a long time, just hasn't been able to win.

Also, future greatness is usually a label placed on an athlete by people who don't play the sport, or don't play any more. It's us as fans who have expectations for athletes as well, sometimes they live up to them, sometimes they don't.

BD has won an NCAA and a US AM, not many golfers have accomplished that feat. One could say that he has already achieved amateur golf greatness. His pro career has gotten off to a slow start ( I think he has battled injury too) . Ryan Moore was supposed to go on to greatness after his am career, but it took him years and really is only just now achieving the level that was expected of him.

As for the sidesaddle putting, I played with a guy once at Blommington Downs who use it, he was an incredible putter. I also think that KJ Used it briefly on tour, if not him somebody did.

Unfortunately for BD, it's just going to draw more attention and already more criticism to his uniqueness .
                Last edited by Weirfan; Dec 6, 2016, 07:26 PM.

Comment

Two of the Top Ten putters I know putt side saddle. They are actually the only guys I know who putt side saddle....oddly, neither hits the ball all that well.
                  I like big putts and I cannot lie
                  You other putters can't deny
                  That when a putt goes in with an itty bitty pace
                  You're gonna fist pump in their face - Sir Putts-A-Lot

It's how well you golf fast!!!!

Comment

I wonder if this could be deemed illegal, when viewing how he sets up? To me in the video it appears that he's using his right foot as an alignment aid when setting up and through the stroke. Or maybe I'm just over analyzing this and being a head case myself.

Bottom line...I think it looks bizarre, but if it works, go nuts.

Comment

Originally posted by The Troll View Post
                      Two of the Top Ten putters I know putt side saddle. They are actually the only guys I know who putt side saddle....oddly, neither hits the ball all that well.
                      Top 10 putters on tour or amateurs? I've never seen someone putt like this, who are they?

Comment

Originally posted by racmbs View Post
                        Top 10 putters on tour or amateurs? I've never seen someone putt like this, who are they?
                        Strictly club level....guys I know.
                        I like big putts and I cannot lie
                        You other putters can't deny
                        That when a putt goes in with an itty bitty pace
                        You're gonna fist pump in their face - Sir Putts-A-Lot

It's how well you golf fast!!!!

Comment

As for the sidesaddle putting, I played with a guy once at Blommington Downs who use it, he was an incredible putter.
                          I also think that KJ Used it briefly on tour, if not him somebody did.
                          Who is KJ? I know Sam Snead converted to sidesaddle putting late in his career, after he developed the yips putting conventionally.

Comment

Many top amateurs putt side saddle
                            Randy Haag off the top of my head is an unbelievable player and has putted side saddle for decades

Comment

Originally posted by racmbs View Post
                              I wonder if this could be deemed illegal, when viewing how he sets up? To me in the video it appears that he's using his right foot as an alignment aid when setting up and through the stroke. Or maybe I'm just over analyzing this and being a head case myself.

Bottom line...I think it looks bizarre, but if it works, go nuts.
                              I wondered this also
                              Epic 10.5 - Elements
                              Epic 3 wood - Elements
                              Lamb Allendale

Comment

Collapse

Latest TGN Reviews

Collapse