Collapse

Nobleton Lakes fell off my list

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nobleton Lakes fell off my list

It wasn't on my short list but was on the play sometime list. After hearing the guy at the golf show say with pride "we shoot for a 5 hour pace of play and make it happen" I just can't be botherd when there are so many options out there. They weren't on my short list mostly because I had heard bad things about pace previosly.
    I send pictures ~ through the mail ~ of buried treasures ~ and Humpback whales ~to famous people ~ I do not know ~ I sign "Sincerely, ~ Matthias Doe" ~ I await ~ their response...

Re: Nobleton Lakes fell off my list

I will never go back there because of this. Experienced this first hand when I played it last year. How do people think a 5 hour round is acceptable?

Comment

Added to my return list now that fewer nuts will be going!
      Every great idea starts out as a blasphemy

Comment

I thought the guy was joking at first but he was beaming with pride and a punch line never came.
        I send pictures ~ through the mail ~ of buried treasures ~ and Humpback whales ~to famous people ~ I do not know ~ I sign "Sincerely, ~ Matthias Doe" ~ I await ~ their response...

Comment

Originally posted by Jayhawker View Post
          I thought the guy was joking at first but he was beaming with pride and a punch line never came.
          Well, they are just "up the street" from the Home of the "4 1/2 hour guaranteed" round

Comment

Originally posted by Big Shooter View Post
            Well, they are just "up the street" from the Home of the "4 1/2 hour guaranteed" round
            About a half hour by my calculations.

Comment

Added to my return list now that fewer nuts will be going!

I dislike this course. To each their own.

Comment

Originally posted by kich View Post

I dislike this course. To each their own.
                One of his golf partners used to be a member there so my guess is he is angling to get out more with that guy.

Comment

I remember liking two of the nines and not so much the other one. I thought it was a little overpriced for the offering. Similar to Pheasant Run but was much more expensive when I played both courses. I thought the layout was solid at Nobleton and several holes very good.

Comment

One of his golf partners used to be a member there so my guess is he is angling to get out more with that guy.
                    Oh, you mean your partner at Otter?

Comment

Oh, you mean your partner at Otter?
                      I prefer I dont have to pry my partners of a flirt fest with the pregnant bartender in order to get to the first tee. Other than that Im easy.

Comment

I prefer I dont have to pry my partners of a flirt fest with the pregnant bartender in order to get to the first tee. Other than that Im easy.
                        it's a fine line between wing man & cock blocker!

Comment

It wasn't on my short list but was on the play sometime list. After hearing the guy at the golf show say with pride "we shoot for a 5 hour pace of play and make it happen" I just can't be botherd when there are so many options out there. They weren't on my short list mostly because I had heard bad things about pace previosly.
                          If it was the head pro that said this, this doesn't surprise me. His personality and sense of humour is a bit over the top. But overall I do like him, as I do frequent the course several times during the season.

I've had some slow round there but in all honesty I've probably only had one or 2 rounds that have touched the 5 hour mark and those were on holiday weekends during prime time.

As I said, I'm only assuming this was the HP that said this, and it was probably suppose to be taken with a grain of salt. We've all hashed it out in other threads before about slow play. But with copper creek closing eventually I dont really see Nobelton needing to step up their game in terms of pace of play. I do agree it's not exactly the best course for pace of play, but i've played much worse as well.

Comment

What is sad is 5 hour rounds are often the norm , especially on public courses.

Comment

About a half hour by my calculations.
                              No - just a few minutes.
                              We may not be good but at least we'll be slow - PB

TM RBZ Tour 10.5 set to 9 deg with Aldila RIP Alpha 70s
                              Adams IDEA Super Hybrid XTD 17 deg stiff
                              Nike Machspeed 3H 21 deg stiff
                              Wilson FG Tour V4 - 4i-GW - DG Pro S300 - TLT build
                              Cleveland/TM wedges - 53 / 56 / 60 - all one length
                              Cleveland BRZ Classic 1 putter
                              Srixon Star XV
                              Ogio Grom bag

Comment

Collapse

Latest TGN Reviews

Collapse

PGA Leaderboard

Collapse

Today's Birthdays

Working...
                              X