Stack & Tilt and Charlie Wi

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Stack & Tilt and Charlie Wi

Originally posted by Samick View Post
    ... He chose to say what he did, which wasnt very smart. A little common sense and respect for others is all thats needed.

I understand he was trying to stand up for his instructors, but he didnt have to go in that direction.
    Every time someone rips S&T, they rip everyone in the camp, players included. It can get to these guys, so Charlie likes to put his coaches in the spotlight when he can, because they really are that good. Charlie also calls it like he sees it so when he's on the leaderboard and on tv, he'll be blunt. Stand up guy that Charlie Wi. I hope he keeps it up.

Comment

Originally posted by NickStarchuk View Post
      Every time someone rips S&T, they rip everyone in the camp, players included. It can get to these guys, so Charlie likes to put his coaches in the spotlight when he can, because they really are that good. Charlie also calls it like he sees it so when he's on the leaderboard and on tv, he'll be blunt. Stand up guy that Charlie Wi. I hope he keeps it up.
      The next Johnny Miller maybe.

Comment

Originally posted by NickStarchuk View Post
        While I will agree that people rip down S&T, and the players that use the system, I can't say I agree with the thoughts on Charlie.

If you want to call him a stand up guy for ripping on Weir, thats your opinion. I just think that he could have used that time to promote S&T in a more positive light. Saying that Weir was one of the worst ballstrikers on tour before his S&T days is a complete crock. He was actually known for his ballstriking and one of the best wedge players in the game.

All that was needed if asked specifically about Weir and Badds leaving S&T, was "I'm not sure about why they left, but I have had great success in S&T and will continue to do so as it has improved.....yadda yadda yadda..." instead of spewing about how bad they were at ballstriking etc.

It wreaks of sour grapes and a whiner. IMHO.
        "The more I know about people, the more I like my dog." - Mark Twain

Comment

nevets88: thanks for the videos.

All that was needed if asked specifically about Weir and Badds leaving S&T, was "I'm not sure about why they left, but I have had great success in S&T and will continue to do so as it has improved.....yadda yadda yadda..." instead of spewing about how bad they were at ballstriking etc.
          His comments were certainly not diplomatic.
          He's abrasive. He's passionate. He mistakenly took Weir and Badds leaving S&T as an attack on his teachers and his methods. He got needlessly defensive.
          But I'm not sure the comments were malicious.

Comment

I would have to say conventional instructors rip on S&T because they are scared that if the technique becomes popular, then most people will go to S&T instructors.

S&T may not be the best for tour players who play 7200 yd courses, but it may be a better swing for weekend warriors who play 6200 yd courses. But because there is a stigma associated with S&T, many of us are reluctant to even try it.....
            What other people may find in poetry or art museums, I find in the flight of a good drive.
            - Arnold Palmer

Comment

While I will agree that people rip down S&T, and the players that use the system, I can't say I agree with the thoughts on Charlie.

If you want to call him a stand up guy for ripping on Weir, thats your opinion. I just think that he could have used that time to promote S&T in a more positive light. Saying that Weir was one of the worst ballstrikers on tour before his S&T days is a complete crock. He was actually known for his ballstriking and one of the best wedge players in the game.

It wreaks of sour grapes and a whiner. IMHO.
              Yes, Charles really did drop the hammer on MW and AB but they left the group. Those guys are a crew.. they hang together and practice together and those 2 guys left. I hear your sour grapes comment for sure.

charlie is proud to be involved in this.. he's invested and branded himself and people are bashing him and maybe worse, coming in and leaving the group after showing measurable improvements. There's a complete misunderstood mentality that the general public don't see.

BTW.. weir was a terrible ball striker with long toys and got progressively better as the sticks got shorter. MW has had 2 way misses his whole career. I hope we see him back soon.

Comment

Collapse

Latest TGN Reviews

Collapse

PGA Leaderboard

Collapse

Today's Birthdays

Working...
              X