Collapse

My season might be done 2

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My season might be done 2

Gotta feel for Mersey and his torn achilles. I just found out that I may have torn my rotator cuff.

My shoulder had been bothering me for a long time, but you know, I'm a guy and did nothing about it. Back-to-back rounds this past weekend with a few chunked shots must've aggravated it as it got real bad Monday and then some excruciating pain last night. The wife forced me to go the ER and sure enough, it's the RC and likely torn. Will find out how bad at tomorrow's ultrasound.

Pray for me boys and girls, the season is still young.
    Last edited by synergy; Jun 26, 2015, 08:31 PM.
    – Greg

Re: My season might be done 2

Originally posted by synergy View Post
    Gotta feel for Mersey and his torn achilles. I just found out that I may have torn my rotator cuff.

My shoulder had been bothering me for a long time, but you know, I'm a guy and did nothing about it. Back-to-back rounds this past weekend with a few chunked shots must've aggravated it as it got real bad Monday and then some excruciating pain last night. The wife forced me to go the ER and sure enough, it's the RC and likely torn. Will find out how bad at tomorrow's ultrasound.

I have a 100% tear in one of the muscles in my left RC but it doesn't seem to cause any pain in my golf swing.

Hope yours gets better. RC surgery is a 6 month process after they go in. 3 months in a cast and 3 months of rehab. My Doc gave me the choice and since it does not cause pain in the recreation I enjoy I went without.

Comment

Funny, I've had both Achilles and RC issues in the past and we have back to back threads on the subjects.

My RC was not torn but was painful nonetheless; couldn't put a jacket on without pain; I was able to correct with just physio. I hope it is the same for you because, as note above, the surgery is not a quick recovery.

Good luck.

Comment

Originally posted by synergy View Post

Ouch, I feel for you. I had the surgery in 2004. Hopefully the unltrasound brings good news.

Comment

Re: My season might be done 2 **need physio recco

Ok, so after a few days of ultrasound, X-rays, doctors and nurses, my RC is NOT torn. Orthopedic doc says likely shoulder tendinitis. Man, that steroid injection worked miracles. Still in pain, but waaay better. Can't play for a few weeks (hence the selling off of some stuff in other threads), but going to start physio right away.

Anybody have a recommendation for a physiotherapist in the west-Mississauga or Milton area? I have to balance price with quality as I have no health plan. Unless I sell those ProVs.
          – Greg

Comment

Can't remember his name, but there is a good one in the Metro plaza at Thompson and LSL. He worked miracles for me when my car got rear ended a few years ago. Could barely walk or put my clothes on, and he had me up and about in about 2 weeks.

Was wondering why you were selling off all your rounds, glad to hear it's not as bad as you originally thought.

Comment

Wow! Good your RC not torn. All the best in your rehab. Getting old sucks.
              Driver -Titleist 913 Diamana D+ 72 x5ct S shaft
              Metal woods - 13* Titleist 980F Strong 3
              Hybrid - 19 * and 21*Titleist 585H
              Irons - Titleist AP2 712 5-PW
              SW - 56* Titleist Vokey Spin Mill
              GW - 52* Titleist Vokey Spin Mill
              Cleveland 588 60* Lob wedge
              Putter _ Scotty Cameron Studio Select Newport 1.5
              Bag- Titleist
              Ball - Pro-V1x or Bridgestone B330 RX

NOTHING GREAT WAS EVER ACHIEVED WITHOUT ENTHUSIASM

Comment

Well, after a few weeks off golf, the physiotherapist green-lighted me to play. But just 9 holes this week. Pffttt, what a fool, as if I'm just playing 9.

Was pretty fun to swing a club they had at the physiotherapy place today. "Nice swing, you really do play golf", he said. Best compliment I've heard all year. Too bad he didn't see the imaginary ball flight I had in my head. Smoked the green though... should've clubbed down.
                – Greg

Comment

Collapse

Latest TGN Reviews

Collapse

PGA Leaderboard

Collapse

Today's Birthdays

Working...
                X