Collapse

Golf Tour Operators

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Golf Tour Operators

My recent rejection by The Committee at Augusta for any sniff of a ticket to the Masters has got me thinking that the Scots might be far more welcoming than the elitists in Georgia. I had a goal to go St Andrews for The Open Championship this year but real life got in the way. 2020 maybe. Yes, i want to go when its at The Old Course. But reviewing my bucket list, a round at St Andrews and some other links courses in the area is on it ( as well as a later visit to The Open Championship ) and I want to start researching options.

I am single and my buddies are all married. Any hopes of them going over there to play golf are misplaced to say the least. When pigs can fly or haggis tastes good.... Its been tough enough getting them committed to go to Michigan. So I started thinking that there must be some golf tour operators out there that run these kind of trips, maybe even match singles up with singles to achieve the magical double occupancy. My ski club does it. Maybe some golf tour operators do it.

Anyone know of anything? Not sure what I want at this point or where. This is a looking forward to next summer kind of thing. But I think a pretty good amount of planning woul dbe required and who knows, after my buddies hear about it, it might pressure them to go

Any help would be appreciated

Re: Golf Tour Operators

TGNer Matt MacKay and TJ Rule run Golf Away Tours (http://www.golfawaytours.com/). Great guys, and I'm sure you'd be happy to work with them.

Comment

Check out Golf in Scotland by a guy named Ferguson. He has a book that explains about planning this stuff yourself, and about what to watch out for. one item in particular is that green fees from tour operators are the price you would pay at the course yourself + their cut. Courses over there don't discount their rates for tour operators.

Nothing against Matt, if you want to go through an operator, I can't see why you wouldn't go with him, but if cost is going to be something of an issue, Ferguson has the goods. I bought his book on my kindle. I might suggest paying the extra for the hard copy so you can flip back and forth.

Comment

Interesting. Going to check some of these out. I am hoping to find a group I can join who are heading over there. Solo golf is theraputic sometimes but not for something like this.

Comment

Collapse

Latest TGN Reviews

Collapse

PGA Leaderboard

Collapse

Today's Birthdays

Working...
        X