http://www.thestar.com/News/GTA/article/357016

But he's a great guy.

Re: Boy Scout Rob Ford charged with assault and uttering death threats

I am really really tired of his act.

Comment

Originally posted by davepratt
      I am really really tired of his act.
      But all the other thieves in council are fine? What a wonderful opportunity for them to discredit their worst enemy.
      For the little that we know about this incident it doesn't quite add up. Rob Ford made a call to the police the night before his arrest about his wife's irrational behavior. Next night Rob Ford is arrested. Upon his release he is granted custody of his children. How many spousal abusers get granted custody of the children?
      I know from first hand experience that a women can make a false claim and you will be arrested even when there is no evidence against you and you are completely innocent. It's how some women fight unfairly.
      Last edited by guitarman; Mar 27, 2008, 10:55 AM.

Comment

Not sure if you guys should throw him under a bus before you know the whole story. Yes, he has been charge but we are not sure if he has done anything. He has the custody his wife's two kids.... which for me means a lot.... his wife has charges him.

I am not defending him, as I don't know him but having been charge of something doesn't mean you have done anything. We should get more infos today.

PS: Not sure if any council member will come to his defense...
        If you think it's hard to meet new people, try picking up the wrong golf ball.

Comment

Originally posted by Chambokl
          Not sure if you guys should throw him under a bus before you know the whole story. Yes, he has been charge but we are not sure if he has done anything. He has the custody his wife's two kids.... which for me means a lot.... his wife has charges him.

I am not defending him, as I don't know him but having been charge of something doesn't mean you have done anything. We should get more infos today.

PS: Not sure if any council member will come to his defense...
          I'm not even referring to this incident specifically. I'm just sick of his racist tirades, public drunkeness, swearing etc. Enough already.

Comment

Originally posted by guitarman
            But all the other thieves in council are fine?
            Name one "thief". That's a significant charge. If you're referring to inept handling of money, that's a different matter, and it's not what Ford is being criticized for.

In short, Rob Ford is a blowhard known for hurling racial slurs, getting into drunken arguments at hockey games, and now, he's and accused wife beater. In the meantime, he casts stones in a glass house while failing to provide receipts for his own spending of private resources (contrary to policy) so that he can whine and moan about city hall misspending.

He's a neoconservative lapdog for Jim Flaherty who does nothing but raise a stink about others on city council. Or at least, whenever the mayor is someone who is a political opponent. (Awfully quiet when Sideshow Mel was mayor and Mike Harris was premier, wasn't he? Misspending just happened overnight, did it, Robbie?)

Is he right about many of these things? Absolutely. But people have made him out to be some sort of hero, when the reality is that the man is white trash.

What a wonderful opportunity for them to discredit their worst enemy.
            But of course, the charges against him have nothing to do with those at city hall.
            For the little that we know about this incident it doesn't quite add up. Rob Ford made a call to the police the night before his arrest about his wife's irrational behavior. Next night Rob Ford is arrested. Upon his release he is granted custody of his children. How many spousal abusers get granted custody of the children?
            I know from first hand experience that a women can make a false claim and you will be arrested even when there is no evidence against you and you are completely innocent. It's how some women fight unfairly.
            Of course, she does have physical injuries. Perhaps that's why he refused to let reporters speak to her. But who knows? He could be innocent, he could be guilty. His supporters will assume the former, his detractors will assume the latter. Given his personality, it would not surprise me one bit if the allegations are true, but they could easily be false.

The guy's no hero, that much is certain. It was certain before his arrest, too.

I'm not even referring to this incident specifically. I'm just sick of his racist tirades, public drunkeness, swearing etc. Enough already.
            Bingo. He could be completely innocent here ... though it's highly unlikely that BOTH parties in this incident are without fault. But regardless, the man's history is telling. He's made racist and homophobic comments, he's embarrassed himself publicly, and the neoconservatives want to sweep those things under the carpet. In fact, they undermine his credibility.
            Last edited by Golden Bear; Mar 27, 2008, 11:14 AM. Reason: Automerged posts

Comment

I would hardly call his latest incident involving the Asian remark a racist tirade. This is exactly the type of attitude that makes it so you can't say anything without someone crying foul. His remark,although worded badly, was meant as a compliment. And even though his remark was meant to portray Asians in a good light he shouldn't generalize that they are all good workers no more than generalizing that all blacks or native americans are on welfare. People can have different work ethics or human natures and should not be tied in to those characters simply by race. Of course that was no different then Bob Runcimans latest remark about "Smoke Signals". Myself being a status Native American, I take no offense to it. I've got thicker skin than that. Some just want to whine about every little remark that hurts their itty bitty feelings and some just like to cause turmoil because its their right.
              As far as the public drunken display at the hockey game, that was quite a while ago and Dave Pratt if you're one of the very few that has not found himself in a similar situation at any time in your life then hats off to you. For me, I haven't got he right to throw stones.
              So there is 2 incidents that covering a span of years that mark Rob Fords character. The other 99% of his public exposure is just him pointing out the fiscal irrisponsibility (theft) of the Toronto mayer and council.

Originally posted by Golden Bear
              In short, Rob Ford is a blowhard known for hurling racial slurs, getting into drunken arguments at hockey games, and now, he's and accused wife beater. In the meantime, he casts stones in a glass house while failing to provide receipts for his own spending of private resources (contrary to policy) so that he can whine and moan about city hall misspending.
              Oh for pete sake this is exactly the kind of media garbage crap your regurgitating that we can do without. He didn't hurl a racial insult just ignorant people want so desperately to make way more out of it than it is. Its about one incident but you want to present it like he goes around on a daily basis as a bigot.
              And the hockey incident happenned once but you also present it like he's known as the ACC alky.
              I don't doubt he's got faults. He's not as perfect as the rest of us. But at least lets be civil enough to give some benefit of the doubt. Yes he's alot more vocal than he should be. As a politician he should know that to be succesful you need to keep your trap shut, know when to speak and maybe nobody will notice your hand in the pocket of tax payers.
              Last edited by guitarman; Mar 27, 2008, 11:28 AM. Reason: Automerged posts

Comment

As far as the public drunken display at the hockey game, that was quite a while ago and Dave Pratt if you're one of the very few that has not found himself in a similar situation at any time in your life then hats off to you.
                Kindly remove your cap.
                He apologized to Asian people for his remark. He wouldn't apologize if he didn't screw up. He called Goerge Mammoliti a Gino, He opposed $$$ for aids saying if you're not gay or using needles you won't get aids, Called fellow councillor Gloria Lindsay a waste of skin, need I go on?

Comment

I like him.
                  Every great idea starts out as a blasphemy

Comment

I would hardly call his latest incident involving the Asian remark a racist tirade. This is exactly the type of attitude that makes it so you can't say anything without someone crying foul. His remark,although worded badly, was meant as a compliment. And even though his remark was meant to portray Asians in a good light he shouldn't generalize that they are all good workers no more than generalizing that all blacks or native americans are on welfare.
                    He SAID he meant it as a compliment, but that was after people objected. Remember, he also said the "Orientals" were "taking over". His wording sounded anything but complimentary.

Not an isolated incident, either. He also called an Italian councillor a "gino". I think there are other examples, too.

As far as the public drunken display at the hockey game, that was quite a while ago and Dave Pratt if you're one of the very few that has not found himself in a similar situation at any time in your life then hats off to you.
                    Seriously? Are you saying that most people -- all but a "very few" -- get into drunken shouting matches in public? Remember -- Ford was EJECTED from the ACC for his behaviour. Are you saying that all but "a very few" have been ejected from an arena for their drunken behaviour? You've got to be seriously disruptive to get ejected from an arena.

Oh for pete sake this is exactly the kind of media garbage crap your regurgitating that we can do without.
                    You mean, the kind of stuff Rob Ford fans would like to pretend didn't happen.

He didn't hurl a racial insult just ignorant people want so desperately to make way more out of it than it is.
                    I'll ask that you NOT call me "ignorant", thank you very much.

Its about one incident but you want to present it like he goes around on a daily basis as a bigot.
                    One incident? Well, let's see. There was the calling people "Orientals" and saying they were sleeping by their machines and "taking over"; there was calling an Italian a "gino". There was saying that people who have AIDs are either gay or needle users and that any women with AIDS must be getting it from sleeping with bisexual men; there was telling a homeless person to "get a job" (on more than one occasion, I should add). It's not an isolated incident. The man has a history of intolerance, and lack of respect for other human beings.

He seems to have a lot of these "it was just one time" episodes.

Comment

Kindly remove your cap.
                      He apologized to Asian people for his remark.He wouldn't apologize if he didn't screw up. He called Goerge Mammoliti a Gino,
                      Get your facts straight or you just don't hear to well. He said "To those I've offended I apologize. I never meant it as a slur". Its not an apology for a knowingly wilful act. As far as the Mammoliti remark, I can't comment as I don't know the facts behind that.
                      As far as being a screw up agian I applaud you on your perfection throughout your life. I only wish I could attain that most perfectness.

He opposed $$$ for aids saying if you're not gay or using needles you won't get aids, Called fellow councillor Gloria Lindsay a waste of skin, need I go on?
                      I agree most politicians are a waste. Maybe not of skin but certainly of our money. As for the aids remark. I agree that is 2 ways to avoid being in a high risk category for aids infection. Oh I bet that will open up another can of worms.

Originally posted by Golden Bear
                      He SAID he meant it as a compliment, but that was after people objected. Remember, he also said the "Orientals" were "taking over". His wording sounded anything but complimentary.

Not an isolated incident, either. He also called an Italian councillor a "gino". I think there are other examples, too.

Seriously? Are you saying that most people -- all but a "very few" -- get into drunken shouting matches in public? Remember -- Ford was EJECTED from the ACC for his behaviour. Are you saying that all but "a very few" have been ejected from an arena for their drunken behaviour? You've got to be seriously disruptive to get ejected from an arena.

You mean, the kind of stuff Rob Ford fans would like to pretend didn't happen.

I'll ask that you NOT call me "ignorant", thank you very much.
                      One incident? Well, let's see. There was the calling people "Orientals" and saying they were sleeping by their machines and "taking over"; there was calling an Italian a "gino". There was saying that people who have AIDs are either gay or needle users and that any women with AIDS must be getting it from sleeping with bisexual men; there was telling a homeless person to "get a job" (on more than one occasion, I should add). It's not an isolated incident. The man has a history of intolerance, and lack of respect for other human beings.

He seems to have a lot of these "it was just one time" episodes.
                      I apologize for calling you ignorant. I didn't realize "People" was your name. Wow that word "People" really is a plague word around here. I'm not saying that Rob Ford is perfect. Who is. And maybe he's got a lot of incriminating past incidences to cast him in a very bad light. I was more addressing the initial OP that was already for a lynching before a court date.
                      Probably Rob Ford's biggest mistake is that he is to loud and vocal. If he'd just shut his mouth and be quiet there is a lot money in fleecing tax payers if your a smart politician.
                      You can judge Rob Ford on his past to convict him of his current charges.
                      I hope I never get judged on my past. I'd be in heap big trouble.
                      Last edited by guitarman; Mar 27, 2008, 12:33 PM. Reason: removed unnecessary comments

Comment

He said Oriental and for years there was nothing wrong with that. Now if you don't say every frigin race thing the way everyone wants it your are portrayed a racist or its a slur. He only apoligized to anyone he could have offended and stated he didn't know there was a problem with it. Neither did I and I come across asians everyday and asked them and they all said no there was nothing wrong with it. The council complained not an asian person. Another media ploy. I could go on but why bother there is always someone to tear every word you say apart instead of getting the point of the actual conversation. We should just be happy he is exposing our goverment I think it's a great help to wake society up. So he isn't classy and he speaks his mind says things that all of us think everyday. Isn't that freedom of speech. Ohh don't think that exists anymore either. You might hurt someones feelings. Maybe he says things to the point but our society is hand outs and takers and sometimes you get so sick of it. Imagine if we were all in the media everyday, everything you say, everything you write even right now is being monitored by the media police all is being scrutinized. It's a miracle they only get that many things on him, they are just trying to bring him down. So tired you can't even open your mouth these days. Like oohhh once in his life he went to a hockey game drank a little too much and got rowdy. Not fighting just rowdy. Gee that's never happened to all us saints. I would never go into politics you are so screwed and your life is crap.

Comment

I understand different people view and react differently to remarks/comments made from others. It is perfectly ok to voice your opinion and thoughts on the topic but please refrain from making demeaning comments or attack others for their opinions. Thanks guys.
                          Webmaster

Comment

Originally posted by golfpal
                            He said Oriental and for years there was nothing wrong with that. Now if you don't say every frigin race thing the way everyone wants it your are portrayed a racist or its a slur. He only apoligized to anyone he could have offended and stated he didn't know there was a problem with it. Neither did I and I come across asians everyday and asked them and they all said no there was nothing wrong with it. The council complained not an asian person. Another media ploy. I could go on but why bother there is always someone to tear every word you say apart instead of getting the point of the actual conversation. We should just be happy he is exposing our goverment I think it's a great help to wake society up. So he isn't classy and he speaks his mind says things that all of us think everyday. Isn't that freedom of speech. Ohh don't think that exists anymore either. You might hurt someones feelings. Maybe he says things to the point but our society is hand outs and takers and sometimes you get so sick of it. Imagine if we were all in the media everyday, everything you say, everything you write even right now is being monitored by the media police all is being scrutinized. It's a miracle they only get that many things on him, they are just trying to bring him down. So tired you can't even open your mouth these days. Like oohhh once in his life he went to a hockey game drank a little too much and got rowdy. Not fighting just rowdy. Gee that's never happened to all us saints. I would never go into politics you are so screwed and your life is crap.
                            It think there is nothing wrong with being as sensitive as we can to political correctness when it comes to race. From when I was growing up in this country it is far more diverse in culture, so it only stands to reason we need to develop the type of respect that is required for this type of society. Unfortunately I think it is a select few that push it beyone the realm of ridiculous. In my experience I find it is seldom the race that is supposedly being offended that makes the fuss.

Comment

I would agree guitarman and that was my point. I understand we have to have respect and care for all races especially with the many different races we have here in Toronto but when taken out of context and made a big deal out of when usually a very good point is trying to be made.

Comment

Collapse

Latest TGN Reviews

Collapse

PGA Leaderboard

Collapse

Today's Birthdays

Working...
                              X