Ping G LS Tec Shaft Options

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Ping G LS Tec Shaft Options

Originally posted by TeeMoney View Post
    I get my data from the simulators (High Definition Golf) I play on every week. I also hit balls on Flightscope indoors every week. I know my ball striking capability and Flightscope accurately reflects it, High Definition Golf does not. Last week High Definition Golf reported I flew a 5 iron 261 yards. I know my yardages well, it was actually about 210. I've played over 100 rounds on a simulator and there has yet to be a single round where I would say the distances are correct on more than 80% of the shots.
    Yeah but what "simulator camera" was the OP using? If you are knocking HD Golf for its accuracy, you should have done a little more research. According to this article HD Golf is very accurate, but only for the layout of the course, where they use satellite imagery and geophysical data to map every square inch of the course in what would be a real-time and real life play through.

If he was at Golf Town for example, they use the Foresight GC2, which is pound for pound just as good, if not better, than Trackman indoors. Trackman is a fantastic machine, but you need something like 10-15 feet of fly space before the radar system can accurately track flight characteristics of the shot. So it has its flaws. In the same article I cited above, GC2 is used by Cobra, Cleveland, Adams/Taylormade, Ping, and Fujikura in both their fitting/R&D labs. So, some of the biggest names in golf club innovation trust GC2s to accurately predict ball flight dynamics. The only knock to Golf Town is they do not have the HMT camera accessory which would cost in total for both the unit and the HMT mount, $75,000 PER UNIT. That's a steep bill. From what I've heard by industry reps and read, the HMT only accurately measures club/ball speed. So since GT doesn't have this, ball speed is correct, but club head speed is predicted from a fixed smash factor of 1.45 for driver, 1.4 for fwys/hybrids, and 1.35 for irons. Which makes sense, because we are not tour pros, and we do not make perfect strikes each time. So if anything, the GC2 is maybe undershooting the true distance a little bit each time.

The take home message? If the OP was using the GT sims and the GC2, his numbers are right and not some machine error. So I will then stress he needs to go get a lesson to make sure he isn't hitting down on the ball with his driver causing excessive spin.

Comment

Thank you for all of your feedback. I will be looking into attack angle and many of the other areas that could explain these results.

I am not sure which model simulator I was using but was at a Golfzon facility. I don't know how accurate the radar or sensors are but I felt it was close to the performance that I see out on the range and course.

I will make sure I get printed results next time I go so I can post and display actual numbers. Will post some videos as well if that helps with what my swing looks like.

Thanks for your help thus far.
      WITB
      Driver
      Ping G LS Tec 9* w/Tour 80 X (Set @ 8*)
      Fairway
      Ping G5 5 Wood w/X100 Steel
      Irons
      Ping S59 2,4-PW w/Project X 6.5
      Wedges
      Ping Tour Wedge 52*
      Ping Tour Gorge 56*
      Ping Tour-S Wedge 60*
      Putter
      Ping Sigma G Tess

IN RESERVE
      Taylormade R9 Superdeep TP BBLB w/Aldila R.I.P. Alpha-70X
      Ping G5 3 Wood S300 Steel
      Ping i25 5 Wood w/NV 75-X
      Ping S59 3I
      Ping Anser TR 1966
      Ping 1-A Blade
      Tommy Armour Todd Sones Tri Measure

Comment

Originally posted by BobbyB View Post
        Thank you for all of your feedback. I will be looking into attack angle and many of the other areas that could explain these results.

I am not sure which model simulator I was using but was at a Golfzon facility. I don't know how accurate the radar or sensors are but I felt it was close to the performance that I see out on the range and course.

I will make sure I get printed results next time I go so I can post and display actual numbers. Will post some videos as well if that helps with what my swing looks like.

Thanks for your help thus far.
        Golfzon sims tend to overread spin on long clubs and underread on short clubs in my experience
        Larrycheunggolf.com

Comment

Originally posted by Phatchrisrules View Post
          Yeah but what "simulator camera" was the OP using? If you are knocking HD Golf for its accuracy, you should have done a little more research. According to this article HD Golf is very accurate, but only for the layout of the course, where they use satellite imagery and geophysical data to map every square inch of the course in what would be a real-time and real life play through.
          I am knocking HD Golf for it's accuracy because.... it's not accurate. Played a round tonight and hit a 210 yard 7 iron so it was off by about two clubs. No additional research is necessary, I've used it over 100 times. The article you linked is not research, it was a buyer's guide that read like a sales brochure.

GC2 is a different animal, it was designed to be used as a launch monitor, so it has some degree of accuracy that the typical simulator doesn't have.
          Taylormade Stealth Plus 9o Fujikura Ventus Blue 6x
          Titleist TSR3 15o Fujikura Rombax P95x
          Titleist TSi3 Hybrid 18 Fujikura Ventus Blue 10x
          Titleist T200 4 Iron Hzrdus Smoke Black RDX 90x
          Titleist T100 5-PW DG AMT White X100
          Vokey SM8 50, 54 & 58
          Scotty Cameron Select Newport 2

Comment

Collapse

Latest TGN Reviews

Collapse

PGA Leaderboard