Collapse

Your so close but so far holes

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Your so close but so far holes

We have a "birdies" and "eagles" thread. But what about those "shoulda been holes? What went wrong? How close were you or how bad did you screw up? Sure it can be embarrassing but let it out here and sympathy from other members is welcome to help us heal those wounds!

Re: Your so close but so far holes

Whoa, posted a very similar thread.

Comment

So I'll start....two from today that I blew. One badly the other just not quite so bad.

Oakridge #7 par 5 from Gold tee. Hit a great drive over the corner leaving 180 to the green. Hit a 5 iron that just made the front of the green. Problem being the pin was back and the green is very long. First putt only got halfway up the green. Second missed and was 6 ft past. Third putt missed and was 3 feet past. Fourth missed and stopped beside the hole. Tap in DB after that mess. I'm a pretty good putter too normally. It just went all wrong!

Same round on number 18 hit the best drive ever in that hole. I was inside 150 in the fairway. Looked at my yardage book to get the distance from the 150 stick. Chose my club. Only forgot that I was 10 yards past 150 and the wind wast at my back. Hit a pure 9-iron right at the flag! Only it sailed over long and landed on the slope behind the green. Chip down was mis-judged and was 12 feet short of pin. Birdie putt just missed but at least this time I did manage the par!

Comment

Originally posted by Bern View Post
        Whoa, posted a very similar thread.
        I wondered about that but didn't know what search term to use to find it. Call it the "tears in your beers" thread?

Comment

This is bringing back some terrible memories.

Comment

Originally posted by MannyR View Post
            This is bringing back some terrible memories.
            Gotta exorcise those Demons ya know!

Comment

Originally posted by Marty Canuck View Post
              Naw...they need to be buried and encased in concrete.

Comment

I figure that by talking about them publicly I'll embarrass myself enough to never repeat those mistakes!

Comment

almost had a funny birdie on sunday. think it was #6 at braeben. Short 440 yard par 5. topped my 3 wood tee shot about 20 yards to the white tee deck, hit the 3 again pretty well and then hit 8 iron to about 20 feet past the hole. birdie putt had a chance.
                  Last edited by Pingnut; Jun 5, 2014, 06:59 PM.
                  TM M2 D-type 9.5 Accra CS1 70
                  TM Jetspeed tour 19* Accra CS1 80
                  TM M2 tour 4-9 Accra ICWT 95
                  Callaway X-Forged 48, 52, 58, 64 Pro Modus3 105
                  Nike method MC3i

Osprey Valley Century Club
                  100 holes - May 2, 2016

Comment

I figure that by talking about them publicly I'll embarrass myself enough to never repeat those mistakes!
                    +1 own it..

Comment

Cut the corner on the par 5 6th hole on Hoot. Actually really miss hit it, since the fescue was short and ground dry the ball went through the rough and ended up in the fairway. Had 123 to the middle of the green. Thinking to myself geez I should have a good chance for eagle as I am usually pretty good with short iron shots. Miss hit the approach, almost put it in the pond on the right and into the long grass next to the pond. Chunked the next shot into the long grass short of the green. Managed to get the next shot to the back of the green and three putted for bogey. Man was I pissed.

Comment

Originally posted by 51Phantom View Post
                        Cut the corner on the par 5 6th hole on Hoot. Actually really miss hit it, since the fescue was short and ground dry the ball went through the rough and ended up in the fairway. Had 123 to the middle of the green. Thinking to myself geez I should have a good chance for eagle as I am usually pretty good with short iron shots. Miss hit the approach, almost put it in the pond on the right and into the long grass next to the pond. Chunked the next shot into the long grass short of the green. Managed to get the next shot to the back of the green and three putted for bogey. Man was I pissed.
                        Double bogey...
                        TM M1 - Graphite DesignTour AD DI 7x- Tipped 1" - 44.5"
                        TM M1 15*- Graphite DesignTour AD DI 8x- Tipped 1" - 43"
                        Adams Super Proto 20 - Graphite DesignTour AD DI 105x-
                        Miura MB001 - 4-PW - DG TI Onyx X100
                        Yurruri Raw Gekku 52,56,60 - DG TI Onyx S400
                        Bobby Grace Shiloh SS - TF - Accra Fx P200 - 35"
                        Titleist PROV1X

EAGLE RIDGE G.C

Comment

copper creek #3 last weekend

great drive down the left hand side
                          4i that cleared the water, hit the bank short of the green and rolled back into the drink. another yard and it would have been all over the front pin. instead i dropped and hit the next one a couple of yards longer (obviously scared of the water in front). one hopped off the back of the green...dead.

potential eagle to a triple...urgh
                          What's in the Sunmountain 4.5?

10.5 M2 with Speeder 77 Stiff 3 wood shaft
                          TM Rescue 17*
                          TM M2 4-AW
                          TM RAC 52/56 CG15 60
                          Odyssey 2 Ball with Superstroke Fatso

Comment

Originally posted by ace in the hazard View Post
                            copper creek #3 last weekend

great drive down the left hand side
                            4i that cleared the water, hit the bank short of the green and rolled back into the drink. another yard and it would have been all over the front pin. instead i dropped and hit the next one a couple of yards longer (obviously scared of the water in front). one hopped off the back of the green...dead.

potential eagle to a triple...urgh
                            Lots of trouble around that green if the pin is on the left side. Shorts dead, lefts dead, long is dead.

If you can catch it good and get roll, you can make it to the water down the left side when the fairways are dry. Nothing more than a 9 iron in then.

Comment

Unfortunately my demons seem to get exercised instead.
                              Last week I was on the Vespra Homestead 9, 5th hole. I hit a sweet baby draw with my driver, leaving 215 slightly downhill to the green. After a sweet hybrid, I had 25 feet downhill for eagle. I left my 1st putt 5 feet short, and naturally missed the birdie. I made par. Next hole was a par 4; I hit another sweet drive, followed by a wedge to 5 feet. The birdie putt went 4 feet past, but I made par.
                              I had back to back pars, but could easily have had back to back birdies.

Comment

Collapse

Latest TGN Reviews

Collapse

PGA Leaderboard

Collapse

Today's Birthdays

Working...
                              X