/**/

Collapse

Announcement

No announcement yet.
Collapse

GTA AM Tour - 2016 Tour Schedule Now Complete!!!

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: GTA AM Tour - 2016 Tour Schedule Now Complete!!!

I believe they also had a day/tee times for Toronto Ladies Club.

Comment

Can anyone join the tour ? What is the minimum courses to enter ?

Comment

Play as few or as many as you like. You'll want to place well in several events if you want to compete in the Order of Merit (season points competition).

I play in 5 - 8 events throughout the season. I haven't fared well in the Order of Merit but I have placed in some (2nd, 4th X 2). There is a skins competition at every event. $20 to enter but you don't have to play.

Comment

Originally posted by CowboyBoots View Post
          Can anyone join the tour ? What is the minimum courses to enter ?
          Hi CowboyBoots,

Thanks for your interest in joining us on Tour! As PingGuy suggested, there is no minimum number of events. All you need is a verified GAO handicap in order to be assigned to the correct flight. If you are not currently a member of the GAO, please let us know, and we would be happy to help you in getting setup with a valid handicap.

If you have any other questions, please feel free to ask!

www.gtaamtour.com

Comment

I don't have a verified GAO.... Sorry. I played for years but never in a tournament.. I would like to start this year. What is the best way to get my handicap ?

Comment

I don't have a verified GAO.... Sorry. I played for years but never in a tournament.. I would like to start this year. What is the best way to get my handicap ?
              If you are interested in joining the Tour, send Mark Young an email: mark@gtaamtour.com. He can also set you up with a GAO account to start entering scores for your Handicap Factor.

If you are interested in getting a Handicap Factor, but not interested in joining the Tour, you can do so here: www.gao.ca

Comment

Thanks guys

Comment

Thanks guys
                  Hope you see you On Tour!

Here's additional information: https://gtaamtour.com/handicap-faq
                  Last edited by AlfaGolfer; Mar 26, 2016, 07:01 AM. Reason: Added faq link

Comment

I've been curious about this since last year... I play for fun and have a 28 or 29 handicap... I wouldn't mind trying this tower other golfers and learn more but I'm also not 100% familiar with all the detailed rules and I think that scares me more than anything about joining... Are the playing partners pretty good at helping out with rules?
                    Last edited by Sportyluis; Mar 30, 2016, 10:44 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Sportyluis View Post
                      I've been curious about this since last year... I play for fun and have a 28 or 29 handicap... I wouldn't mind trying this but I'm also not 100% familiar with all the rules and I think that scares me more than anything about joining... Are the playing partners pretty good at helping out with rules?
                      I wouldn't let that intimidate you. The other golfers in your group will definitely help you out if you need some clarification. There are also rules officials on the course to point you in the right direction should an issue come up that nobody in your group is sure of.

Comment

Originally posted by GTA AM Tour View Post
                        2016 GTA AM TOUR SCHEDULE - NOW COMPLETE
                        We are excited to announce that we have finalized the 2016 Tour schedule by adding three excellent courses/events in September! Please visit the Tour's website to log in and register for The Briars on September 12th, Osprey Valley Hoot on September 14th and Bigwin Island on September 26th!

REGISTER EARLY AND SAVE!!
                        1) EARLY BIRD REGISTRATION - $99 Prior to the end of Toronto Golf and Travel Show (February 21, 2016)

Those registering prior to February 21, 2016 will be entered into a draw for a Pacific Links Membership, including two years of annual dues. The value of this wonderful prize, provided by Pacific Links, is $7,400!!

2) Spring/Summer Registration - $125 (After February 21, 2016)

TOUR REGISTRATION
                        If you are, or have been, a member of The Tour and would like to register for the 2016 Tour, please visit The Tour's website, log in and hit the Register for the 2016 Tour button. Once you have registered for the 2016 Tour, you will be able to book your events. There is NO COST to registering NOW for events..!

PLEASE NOTE THAT SPACES MAY BE LIMITED, especially with the introduction of the two Seniors' and one Women's Flights and the continuation of the Recreational Flight!

We hope you are able to attend and visit us at Booth (#2441) at this weekend's Toronto Golf and Travel Show!!!
                        This is a great event and we're glad to have you back in September for the Golf Away Tours Open.

And P25 is right about not being intimidated. It is a friendly and helpful group.

Comment

Originally posted by Sportyluis View Post
                          I've been curious about this since last year... I play for fun and have a 28 or 29 handicap... I wouldn't mind trying this tower other golfers and learn more but I'm also not 100% familiar with all the detailed rules and I think that scares me more than anything about joining... Are the playing partners pretty good at helping out with rules?
                          Consider also the Recreational Flight as an alternative if score keeping or competition isn't what you are (as) focused on.

I am using the Tour this year as a means to play some splendid courses I may not otherwise have access to. First up was Coppinwood; next for me is Scarboro. I am in the Recreational Flight.

Just as when I joined GTA Golf Club a number of years ago to get a roadmap to reasonable courses when I first took up golf, I am using the Tour as one for some pretty magnificent venues.

Originally posted by AlfaGolfer View Post
                          Very easy walk. But, I did walk Muskoka Bay in 90 degree heat.
                          I would be more likely to say that, for me, Coppinwood was a fairly easy walk, but having just now played it the first time yesterday it may in fact be easier once more familiar with the shortcut paths to take for your particular tee box

Certainly a delightful walk.

(And walking Muskoka Bay at all let alone in such heat is impressive!)

Last edited by MichaelR; Apr 27, 2016, 01:36 AM.
                          _______
                          NQRfPT

Comment

Originally posted by MichaelR View Post
                            Consider also the Recreational Flight as an alternative if score keeping or competition isn't what you are (as) focused on.

I am using the Tour this year as a means to play some splendid courses I may not otherwise have access to. First up was Coppinwood; next for me is Scarboro. I am in the Recreational Flight.

Just as when I joined GTA Golf Club a number of years ago to get a roadmap to reasonable courses when I first took up golf, I am using the Tour as one for some pretty magnificent venues.

I would be more likely to say that, for me, Coppinwood was a fairly easy walk, but having just now played it the first time yesterday it may in fact be easier once more familiar with the shortcut paths to take for your particular tee box

Certainly a delightful walk.

(And walking Muskoka Bay at all let alone in such heat is impressive!)

Or nuts!

Yes, the cut paths are really nice at Coppinwood. You're right: I should adjust my criteria on the walking scores as I don't mind what some might.

Glad you enjoyed yourself yesterday.

Comment

Collapse

Latest TGN Reviews

Collapse

PGA Leaderboard

Collapse

Today's Birthdays

Working...
                            X