Collapse

Where to get custom grinds?

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Where to get custom grinds?

Anybody know of a good place that can do some custom grinds on a couple of new wedges? I basically know what I want the wedge to do, just need somebody to put the appropriate grind on them.

Concerns? How much weight will be removed from the heads for say a 58* wedge with a sole grind that removes bounce from the heel and back of the sole?

Thanks
    Last edited by Samick; Jan 2, 2009, 02:41 PM.
    "The more I know about people, the more I like my dog." - Mark Twain

Re: Where to get custom grinds?

Depending on how aggressive you want your relief, it could be anywhere from 3g to 8g (~1 SW point to ~4 SW points).

I thought Swain did that type of work... if you're hard up I can do it, too.
    Everybody wants a slice of winner - dekker

Comment

Looking for something close along these lines, but I have to check the heads when they get here this week to see what the sole actually looks like, they do have some relief already, just not sure how much.

Comment

Originally posted by Samick
        Looking for something close along these lines, but I have to check the heads when they get here this week to see what the sole actually looks like, they do have some relief already, just not sure how much.

Jimmy's got a sweet stick!

Comment

Originally posted by compugeek
          Jimmy's got a sweet stick!
          Yes Jimmy does...I hope Jimmy got game...Jimmy needs some serious skillz....Jimmy's da man! (ok, enough of that Seinfeld stuff)

Comment

This grind reduces heal digging, open up the club quite a bit....you don't hook the ball from what I remember. Most wedges tend to be upright, so this will certainly take that effect away.

Swainer does grind wedges as well......

Comment

Originally posted by racmbs
              This grind reduces heal digging, open up the club quite a bit....you don't hook the ball from what I remember. Most wedges tend to be upright, so this will certainly take that effect away.

How would this grind play for someone who prefers their wedges to be a couple of degrees flatter than the rest of their irons. I like to have the ability to set my hands a little lower with my wedges.
              Cobra S2 10.5 - Stock Fuji
              Cobra Baffler TWS 20 - Aldila NVS
              Cobra Baffler TWS 23 - Aldila NVS
              5-PW Mizuno MX23 - DGS300
              Mizuno MP-R 52.07 - DGS300
              X-Forged MD 56 - Rifle Spinner 5.5
              X-Forged MD 60 - Rifle Spinner 5.5
              Odyssey Black Tour Design #9
              Titleist ProV1x

Comment

Originally posted by laxgolf
                How would this grind play for someone who prefers their wedges to be a couple of degrees flatter than the rest of their irons. I like to have the ability to set my hands a little lower with my wedges.
                Would be fine....but all depends on how aggressive the grind gets from heel to toe.

Comment

Originally posted by racmbs

Basically, I was looking for a grind that would relieve some of the bounce on a standard full shot, and lower the leading edge a bit when I open up the club for flop shots. The wedge I want to do it on is a 58*/12* bounce.
                  Last edited by Samick; Jan 2, 2009, 04:32 PM.

Comment

Anybody know of a good place that can do some custom grinds on a couple of new wedges? I basically know what I want the wedge to do, just need somebody to put the appropriate grind on them.

Concerns? How much weight will be removed from the heads for say a 58* wedge with a sole grind that removes bounce from the heel and back of the sole?

Thanks
                    Something like this Swingweight & length can be adjusted to whatever you prefer. Mine is @ D6, 35.25". Jeff Shuster @ Fore the Golfer did the grind.

Last edited by Bee2; May 30, 2012, 09:25 PM.
                    WITB:
                    PING G410 Fujikura SIX TS
                    TM M4 15* & 18* S+70
                    818H1 23* Atmos Blue
                    716 AP2 (5-PW) KBS Tour-V
                    Vokey SM 50, 54 & 60
                    SC Newport Mallet 1
                    ProV1

Comment

Originally posted by Bee2
                      Something like this Swingweight & length can be adjusted to whatever you prefer. Mine is @ D6, 35.25". Jeff Shuster @ Fore the Golfer did the grind.

[ATTACH]15890[/ATTACH] [ATTACH]15891[/ATTACH] [ATTACH]15892[/ATTACH] [ATTACH]15893[/ATTACH] [ATTACH]15894[/ATTACH]
                      Jeff did some wedges for me as well and was very pleased with the outcome.

Comment

I think Hot Stix in Phoenix and Nomad Golf WRX do custom grinds
                        Last edited by northernpro; Jan 2, 2009, 10:45 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Bee2

[ATTACH]15890[/ATTACH] [ATTACH]15891[/ATTACH] [ATTACH]15892[/ATTACH] [ATTACH]15893[/ATTACH] [ATTACH]15894[/ATTACH]

Any chance you could host the pics on some pic hosting site so we can see them full size?

Say Photobucket.com or something?
                          Canada's best golf instructor is Nick Starchuk.

Comment

Collapse

Latest TGN Reviews

Collapse

PGA Leaderboard

Collapse

Today's Birthdays

Working...
                          X