My TLT Reduced Length Set

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My TLT Reduced Length Set

My TLT reduced length set.

So my friend asked me about TLT and my set of clubs because the last few times we played my ballstriking improved tremendously. So I told him what Dan did for me. He seemed interested but concerned. I tried to explain that I had a reduced length TLT set made. He asked what my set woulda been like had i gone just regular TLT. I contacted Dan and this is what dan has to say.

So for all those interested about TLT and its Reduced Length set here you go:

Jason's set is what I call a reduced length set of the True Length Technology model.

Traditional OEM's will have up to 4" of total length between the longest 39 1/5 and the shortest 35 1/2 clubs - sometimes 4 1/2 inches if the wedges go to 35"

The original TLT math model in a Series 7 will have roughly a 2.8 total inch length range - so a 1.2 inch reduction in length. This could come from shorter long irons or longer short irons - as a general statement.

Jason's set is a TLT reduced length set (still falls 100% under the Series 7 math model), but has a total length range from the longest to the shortest of approximately 1 3/4" - so 2 1/4" less range than the OEM build.

Single length of course is every club the same length.

So what will TLT do for you. First almost everyone struggles with a too long of long iron and a too short of short iron - the OEM set - pretty much every OEM set.

A traditional TLT build will be the minimalist of change relative to your original OEM build, but will have long and short irons that fit you and your personal specifications. It will make you a better ball striker because we have reduced the outer limits of the build simply making the set more manageable.

A TLT reduced length set is closer to a single length set than it is to an OEM length set. This will make every club become even more manageable as we have eliminated the extremes of the set, making everything feel closer to your favorite (lets say 7 iron) but your longest club is less than an inch longer and your shortest iron is less than an inch shorter.

Please keep in mind that there are 16 adult charts and 10 children charts, so everyone on the planet can be fit athletically - keeping you in this athletic address position - for every club.

and to update ***if I had gone traditional TLT*

Not a huge difference as your set is only slightly reduced as I kept your lie angles at 1* / club up to the 8 iron , then 1/2 degree lie into your constant wedges, where if I went 1/2 degree / club your total range would have gone down to around 1.4 inches - not all sets can reach this as head weights become issues.

As a traditional TLT build your 4 iron would be 38.72 rather than 38.31 ---- your wedges I kept at 64* lie and 36.55 - where if I uprighted to 65 for the lob it would be 36.25 -- so your set could have been 2.47 total range rather than 1.76 -- so only an additional 3/4 inches total.

If you had a 3 iron it would have been TLT traditional 39.15 with a wedge of 36.25 - so here is the 2.9 total range.`

Re: My TLT Reduced Length Set

I've very much enjoyed my reduced TLT build!

They performed very well in Arizona and after a 6 week layoff I came back hitting everything thin. Two rounds later I again was finding some really pure strikes in there while trying to find my game. The big thing was the 6 iron.. a club I didn't hit great but now... over and over... I can fly it the same distance and straight. Much shorter shaft but ZERO distance or peak height lost.

I've been very keen to try the Wishon Sterlings but I sat down with my TLT specs and the Sterling specs and compared them. While lie angles will be different the lofts and shaft lengths are all very very close. In fact it would almost be like buying a new set of irons to save an inch of shaft length.

I have access to some G30 sole weights so this winter I may ask Dan to play around some more with reducing my fairway wood, hybrid, and driver and getting it into the model.

Of course there is the draw of another set of irons built from the ground up... :-)
    Bag: PING Hoofer Camo / Moonlite Floral
    Driver: TM SIM2 MAX @ 10.5*
    Wood: TM SIM2 MAX @ 15*
    Hybrids: TM SIM2 22*
    Irons: Wishon Sterling SL 6-SW
    Wedge: KZG Forged TRS Grind 60*
    Putter: SGC WB Northwood
    Lovingly built by: Dan's Custom Golf

Comment

Honestly love my reduced length TLT build. My consistency has improved greatly. It's absurd how much more consistent I am and how easy it was.

As for wedges. It's very easy to adjust to longer wedges. Plus not hard to choke down either.

If I can now get some consistency in my driving and putting I'm sure I'll get down to single digit HC next year.

Comment

Originally posted by Jasonp View Post
        Honestly love my reduced length TLT build. My consistency has improved greatly. It's absurd how much more consistent I am and how easy it was.

As for wedges. It's very easy to adjust to longer wedges. Plus not hard to choke down either.

If I can now get some consistency in my driving and putting I'm sure I'll get down to single digit HC next year.
        How long is your driver?
        Bag: PING Hoofer Camo / Moonlite Floral
        Driver: TM SIM2 MAX @ 10.5*
        Wood: TM SIM2 MAX @ 15*
        Hybrids: TM SIM2 22*
        Irons: Wishon Sterling SL 6-SW
        Wedge: KZG Forged TRS Grind 60*
        Putter: SGC WB Northwood
        Lovingly built by: Dan's Custom Golf

Comment

44.5"

It has nothing to do with that it's pure technique and mental. I'll try to kill it and overswing. Come way from the inside and then 1 of two things happen.

1) force a timed release making me hit either a lovely push draw shot if it is timed well or a huge smother hook

2) leave face wide open due to lack of release and hit a giant block or weak push fade.

When I'm driving well I don't overswing and hit a lovely 5y pushdraw

Comment

Collapse

Latest TGN Reviews

Collapse

PGA Leaderboard

Collapse

Today's Birthdays

Working...
          X